Trinidad Travel Answers

change location
vidaboa's Profile Photo

Toursit visa for New Zealanders

by vidaboa Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Ok, so I booked my flight and am leaving in 10 days, but was super slack about checking whether I need a visa, and just found that I do for T&T. I have to do a mad dash and get everything sent to London for processing (I'm in Sweden now), but what they are asking for is going to be difficult, as in two references of people who know me well in T&T. Just for a tourist visa? Have I downloaded the worng visa application? Has anyone from NZ been to T&T and gone through the process? I also found on the official T&T site regarding immigration (http://www.immigration.gov.tt) that I may simply arrive with a visa waiver filled out, which is not the information I got when I called the high commission in London. Another person told me that I amy be able to arrive without the visa and get one on arrival, but that the airline here in Sweden may not let me on the plane without a proper visa...Can anyone clarify what i need to do? I am in a desperate hurry.
Thanks a million in advance,
Damon

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

RE: Toursit visa for New Zealanders

by nhoolb Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 6:10 PM

This is what the TIM states (the Travel Information Manual of IATA, which all the airlines use):

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO (TT)
    Passport (must be valid for period of stay) required.
    Visa required, obtained prior to arrival.
    However, it is possible for a Visa Waiver to be issued on
    arrival. Fee: TTD 50.-.
    Visitor must:
    - hold documents for onward/return journey; and
    - hold return or through ticket (or sufficient funds to
    purchase ticket, in which case amount due to be deposited
    at immigration);
    - have a fixed address during stay (hotel etc.).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines