change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JamieM_71's Profile Photo

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

Havana Yesterday

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Weather in Cuba

Cuba Mar 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hi
      Anyone been to Cuba in June if so your advice on the weather please and what we could expect , thanks

more
    • Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

Varadero Apr 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

more
    • travel- varadero to Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hi, I wanted to know what the best mode of transportation is to get from Varadero to Cienfuegos. Also keep in mind we are two adults a 9 year old and a 1.5 year old.

Also, is el Nicho suitable to go with the whole family?

Thanks,
      Melisa

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Weather in Cuba

Cuba Mar 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hi
      Anyone been to Cuba in June if so your advice on the weather please and what we could expect , thanks

more
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

Varadero Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Amenities at cayo Santa Maria memories resort

Cayo Santa María Apr 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Are there safes? Do they cost extra? Do they have a doctor onsite? Is the food safe? I have 2 kids and a pregnant lady coming along. I hear there are many Mosquitos, are they dangerous? How is the ground room floor with terrace? Any bugs? How can I call Canada or someone call me? Do I pay extra in room even if someone calls me? What's the plug I need, voltage . Are there activities and going to city is it complicated?
      Leaving Monday so appreciate the answers.

more
    • zip line and how long how much

Varadero Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

more
    • medical assistance

Soroa Mar 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM

which hospital would someone be admitted to near soroa as a tourist in a medical emergency

more
    • Expression of Gratitude and Photo Request

Cayo Coco Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Cayo Coco was a magical retreat for a city slicker living life with blinders. How do I express my gratitude to those who enriched my stay at the Colonial? I would like to ensure that their managers are aware of the exemplary treatment that I received at many levels....A particular cowboy gentleman with white vinyl hat and horse named Muldalvo took us on a magnificent carriage ride that filled out hearts with smiles. But my battery died and I have no photos capturing this special experience!! Any idea how I might contact his supervisor to convey both my gratitude and to request an on-line photo? Alas, already back to my mundane life in Toronto I long to return to Cayo Coco....

more
    • panama city to trinidad

by desert_rat_57 Online Now Jan 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hello Can anybody tell what is the best way to get from Panama city (Panama) to Trinidad, can I fly direct? cheers bob

2 Answers Jan 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM
    • Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

DECEMBER 2012 AND JANUARY 2013 IN CUBA!

by Suzanne_M Online Now Nov 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM

i finally did it, i.e. i booked my flight to go to CUBA for the holidays. i will be leaving Montreal to VARADERO on DECEMBER 21 (arriving at 9pm) and returning to Montreal from VARADERO on JANUARY 5 (leaving at 12h25pm).
      i am planning on staying in 'CASAS PARTICULARES' in VARADERO on the first 2 nights (december 21 and december 22) and on the last 2 nights (january 3 and january 4) because of my flights.
      SO, for the other 11 nights, can i wait until i get there to book the rooms? i have not planned everything yet, but i was thinking of going to the west to do some biking, maybe going to Trinidad. also going to the playas del este. and i thought of spending DECEMBER 31 in LA HAVANA.
      does that seem like a good plan?
      thanks in advance for your advice.

7 Answers Nov 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    • Steam Train to Valle de Los Ingenios

by Stevevincent Online Now Mar 17, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Does anyone know if this tourist steam train runs on a saturday or sunday in June 2011 please.
      Thanks
      Steve

3 Answers Apr 11, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    • hostels in Port of Spain

by bjgs263 Online Now Feb 26, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Has anyone ever stayed at any of the following hostels in Port of Spain?
      - Admirals Inn
      - Two Seasons Guesthouse
      - Little Inn

Trying to choose one for a late March trip.

Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    • habitual_wanderer's Profile Photo

Ferry from Trinidad to Tobago (and return)

by habitual_wanderer Online Now Feb 13, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Hello,
      I'm looking to get an idea as to how the schedule works for the ferry. Currently the website has a schedule posted for March 2011 (when we'll be traveling).
      patnt.com/ferry_schedule.sht...

It looks like for most of the month there are several times per day that you can catch the ferry back from Tobago, however are the dates we are traveling (March 26th - April 1st) there are only 1 or 2 times listed.

Will the site be updated with more times later or is this just the way it is?
      Trying to figure out the best way to make the most of our time and have a little flexibility! Do you recommend flying? Any suggestions or additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)

1 Answer Feb 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    • accommodation in Guiria

by trinityskm Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a hotel, a good hotel in guiria venezuela. and what is the city like.

• juzz's Profile Photo

Renting a car

by juzz Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Hi all,

has anybody rented a car in Trinidad? Do you know where to pick the car up?
      Is it possibile to pick up the car in Trinidad and leave it in Havana?
      Is it necessary to book in advance?

Thanks,
      Sergio

2 Answers Feb 24, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    • playa ancon

by nics17 Online Now Mar 24, 2009 at 4:40 AM

Hi there, we are travelling to Cuba next month and just wondering .. do we stay in Trinidad and travel daily to the beach? or is there accommodation (casas pref) in Playa Ancon?
      Thank you so much for your time

4 Answers Apr 5, 2009 at 12:52 AM
    • Two centre holiday option in Trinidad?

by Kestel Online Now Mar 14, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Hello,

We are in Cuba just for one week. We have already booked the first 3 nights in Havana old town centre. We would like to spend perhaps 3 nights elsewhere before returning to Havana for our flight home.

Trinidad seems a good place to go but it seems to be quite a distance and not easy to get to. Any advice please?

We don't want to spend lot's of time on the beach but would like to snorkel while there.

Would we be better off doing day trips from Havana or going to Varadaro or perhaps to the West?

Any advice most welcome, thanks.

Matthew and Julia (on our 20th anniversary trip!)

3 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 3:43 PM
    • mondodoro's Profile Photo

information on tobago hotels

by mondodoro Online Now Dec 3, 2008 at 4:42 AM

I intend to travel to tobago next january. Has anybody ever heard anything about an hotel called Candles in the wind?
      If so could you please give me some informations regarding?
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 26, 2008 at 1:41 PM
    • How Dangerous is it really in Trinidad for Americans?

by securitasmentis Online Now Jul 18, 2007 at 10:31 AM

I am travelling to Trinidad to do some work on a documentary on world peace. Now trinidad is said to have the 6th highest crime rate making it a prime topic of discussion in the documentary. My question has to do with dress - whats the best way for me to plan to dress. I will be there for a couple of months - what suggestions do you have? What kinds of american fashion should I steer clear from? Thank you for any advice you might have - including other tips on safety.

Any advice is welcome. I will be staying in St. Augustine so any tips on places to eat, neighborhoods to avoid, local hangouts, etc. Thank you all much.

5 Answers Feb 1, 2008 at 9:21 AM
    • transport to barbados

by narmio Online Now Nov 9, 2006 at 6:27 AM

i am trying to get to barbados a cheaper way airline prices too high this time of year . can neone point me in the direction of a boat servise to barbados from trinidad

• IS THERE A SHIP FROM HAVANA, CUBA TO TRINIDAD

by BARBOBELL Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 2:04 PM

Have heard there is a cargo ship which takes passengers that goes from Havana to Port o Spain in Trinidad - does anyone know about this???

• from trinidad to venezuela

by teresalazmm Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 10:27 AM

hi!!

in november i will visit a friend in barbados, i also want to visit another friend at venezuela, caraca. Since i'm a student, and my budget is low i want to spend as less money as possible in the trips. i think that the cheap way to go from barbados to caracas, is to catch a plain to trinidad, and then a ferry to the continent. This friend from caracas told me to try to find a ferry from trinidad to isla margarita, that, has he said, is the cheapest way to go to caracas.
      i'm tired of looking for at websites, for some information of ferrys from trinidad to venezuela.
      can someone please help, cause if there is a ferry i need to know as soon as possible if its a diary or a weekly ferry.

i would appreciate a lot for an answer as soon as possible...

thank you very much and good trips...

7 Answers Jan 12, 2009 at 11:41 AM
    • Ferry from Trinidad to Magarita

by seminoles Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Please i am trying to take a weekend vacation from st lucia to magarita, a buddy of mine told me that i could catch a ferry from Trinidad to Isla magarita no problem. I was wondering if there were particular days the ferry went to Magarita, or is it an everyday thing? Please all information would be appreciated. What i am trying to do is fly to Trinidad and catch a Ferry to Magarita, i wonder how possible that is. Also do American citizens have issues going to Magarita?

2 Answers Jan 25, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    • WEDDING CUSTOMS

by AUNTTISH Online Now Sep 15, 2006 at 8:54 AM

MY NEICE IS MARRYING A GENTALMEN FROM TRINIDAD AND HAS LOOKED ALL OVER FOR ANY WEDDING CUSTOMS FROM TRINIDAD. IF ANY ONE CAN HELP WE WOULD APPRECIATE IT THANKS DECWOLF@VERIZON.NET

1 Answer Jan 6, 2007 at 9:10 AM
    • Transportation Trinidad-Varadero

by MarcoDub Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 8:47 AM

Hi,
      I will spend a couple of days in Trinidad in November as part of a tour that I've booked with Viajaporcuba.com. Our next stop would be in Varadero but unfortunately the Cuban agency told us that they cannot book the bus transportation because there aren't regular transfers from Trinidad to Varadero.I've tried to check with Viazul if they have a daily service to Varadero but they're not replying to my mails and the phone number seems just to ring out.
      Can anybody tell me if there is a regular and economic transfer that departs daily from Trinidad?(Or at least the 6th of November ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco

3 Answers Aug 9, 2006 at 2:21 PM
    • Frankfurt - Tobago

by paediat Online Now Aug 31, 2005 at 8:06 AM

We would like to visit Tobago end of December05/Jan 06. Has anybody an idea how this destination can be reached from Frankfurt/Germany quickly. I found only one Charterflight with Condor once a week. Are there frequent connections from Caracas or other major Airports in the region?
      Thank
      WKü

1 Answer Sep 13, 2006 at 12:50 PM
    • Winwood boat to Trinidad o Ferry

by Vernas Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 3:09 PM

Nice to see I can use this for travelling information. I need to know Cost and days that this boat leaves from Guiria to Trinidad. I need togo for the Carnival. Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Jan 17, 2005 at 8:53 PM
    • More info needed (desperately!)

by oceane88 Online Now Nov 30, 2004 at 5:08 AM

I am traveling to Trinidad/Tobago in December and will stay 3-4 days before heading to Venezuela....or at least this is my plan provided that someone can give me more information!!! Is there really just one way to get to Guiria, Venezuela? I read about a ferry that departs once a week from Port of Spain, but if it really does only leave once a day on Wednesday I won't make my return flight! Is there any way to go with a private boat/fishing boat? And lodging...I am on a pretty tight budget. Is there any way to spend around 8-10 USD per night? Any suggestions? Thanks so much for your help!

1 Answer Dec 2, 2004 at 8:35 PM
    • ramansankar's Profile Photo

Lots of Info Wanted

by ramansankar Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 5:05 AM

Hi I will be visiting Trinidad with my wife on work. My work is scheduled to run for a period of more than 6 months in Trinidad. I would like to know a few things to be prepared. 1. Whats the weather scene during the year starting say October ? ( I know that region is tropical but if someone could be a little more specific on the temp and rainy months etc i could be more prepared ) 2. What is the average expense for a couple in Trinidad for a month ? Pls tell me for all exp incl. - veg food, local travel, household goods, toiletries etc. 3. How good is Trinidad as a shopping destination ? 4. What are the chances of my wife getting a job there ? She would be there on a dependant visa. Can she work part time ( in an office ) somewhere ? If yes, what is the avg she can earn in a week ? 5. Would my work permit allow me to travel to the rest of the carribean ? 6. What are the important things to note immediately on my arrival there for the first month ? T I A Cheers Raman

10 Answers Aug 6, 2007 at 11:44 AM
    • Anyone know updated ferry information for Venezuela to Trinidad?

by LeeMark Online Now May 4, 2004 at 2:58 PM

We are currently travelling around South America and move to Caracas on 21st May. We get married in Tobago on 31st May and need to be there by 26th or 27th May to complete those last minute preparations before the family arrive on 28th and 29th. We planned our wedding on the assumption that there is a ferry service from Guiria, Venezuela to Port of Spain, Trinidad on Wednesdays (as per Lonely Planet, Venezuela). However, we have been unable to find the ferry service or get any information about how to make a reservation. Does anyone know if the service is still running or how we go about making a reservation? We will be very grateful for any help as time is running out. Muchos gracias.

1 Answer May 5, 2004 at 4:31 AM
    • Beate.Blueggel's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Trinidad

by Beate.Blueggel Online Now Aug 8, 2003 at 11:05 PM

Trinidad sounds a lovely place! There don't seem to be any hotels in the town centre, though. All the guide books only mention hotels outside, mostly at the sea. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel or B & B in the centre? Also, is there a way to get from Havana to Trinidad by public transport? Thanks in advance! Beatrice from Germany

5 Answers Dec 17, 2006 at 12:43 PM