Trinidad Travel Answers

change location

Ferry from Trinidad to Magarita

by seminoles Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Please i am trying to take a weekend vacation from st lucia to magarita, a buddy of mine told me that i could catch a ferry from Trinidad to Isla magarita no problem. I was wondering if there were particular days the ferry went to Magarita, or is it an everyday thing? Please all information would be appreciated. What i am trying to do is fly to Trinidad and catch a Ferry to Magarita, i wonder how possible that is. Also do American citizens have issues going to Magarita?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Ferry from Trinidad to Magarita

by Joanportia Online Now Sep 25, 2006 at 1:14 PM

I can not answer your question about the ferry but I had an opportunity to stay a week on Isla Margarita a couple of years ago. I am an American citizen so I am representing!!! I loved the island but going thru Caracas airport was dicey. And just the other day as I listened to President Chavez, I thought I don't know if I would go back now. The island seems to be outside of Venezuela as far as attitudes toward Americans. We had no problems since the island needs some of the US dollars aside from the sale of oil. But I don't know about the attitudes now. What I liked best that it was before big tourist development!!! I own a timeshare and my friend and I just take what we can get so we did Isla Margarita. I think it was more like 4 years ago. It was very reasonable money wise and the people there were great to us. We had a hotel employee take us out into the countryside and meet some of his artisan friends. Renting a car was very reasonable and gas was cheap. The roads are good but watch out if you travel into the big city which I cannot remember the name of now.!!!!

Hope this helps some I have a few comments posted on my site. I did go in 2004 so I really don't know what the attitude today is about Americans or should I say US citizens. But I did enjoy my stay!!!!

Anything else I can help you with ........ just ask!!!!!

Joanportia

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Ferry from Trinidad to Magarita

by Guaci Online Now Jan 25, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Hi! I was looking for options on ferry trips from trinidad to isla margarita when i found ur request. Did u find out how to do it? Ive been searching on line but i cant get the way to and im all the way in spain so i dont know what to do! If u could be so kind as to let me know about the ferry options i would reall appreciate it!! Thanks a lot!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines