change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tsunami warning system in sri lanka

Sri Lanka 2 hours ago

Hi,
      Sri Lanka cost have a risk of tsunami wave. My question cencern local warning system. If in case of any risk I can expect worning, early enough to escape on any safe place?
      ZN

more
    • Sri Lanka in July - who wants to join us?

Sri Lanka Apr 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Hi all we are 40+ couple from Poland and we will be in Sri Lanka from the 1st of July till 23rd. We plan to make a tour during the first 6 days and than go to the East and stay there two remaining weeks. We are looking for company to join us in our trip. Let me know if interested :)

more
    • Airport shuttle

Bentota Mar 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Can anyone suggest a good taxi firm that runs a service from Bentota to Colombo airport?

Thanks

Gary

more
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

more
    • A swimwear/ bikini shop in Unawatuna

Unawatuna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Hi, I am arriving from Rishikesh, in north India. Are there any shops close by Unawatuna for swimwear?

more
    • August Itinerary - HELP NEEDED

Sri Lanka Apr 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Hello all. I am planning a 15 day trip in August for myself and my boyfriend (both mid 20s). Please can you let me know your thoughts on whether it's feasible (or if we're missing something important?). We want a good balance of beach, exploring local cultures & authentic food. Our priorities are at least one beautiful beach resort (weather permitting) with luxury accommodation, one safari experience (with tree hut lodge stays), and some great local food / markets. We would enjoy some evening nightlife for some of the trip too. Our plan so far is:

Colombo - head straight to Negombo for 2 nights
      Kandy for 3 nights
      Nuwara Eliya for 2 nights
      Yala National Park for 2 nights
      Ella for 1 night
      Beach Resort (Tangalle / Mirissa) for 4 nights
      Galle for 1 night
      Train to Colombo for flight home

more
    • List of Halal food in Sri lanka

Sri Lanka Mar 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I'll be travelling in sri lanka soon. Therefore would be glad if anyone could share the list of halal eateries that they have been to. Especially to this following places:
      - pollonuwara
      - nuwara eliya
      - hambantuta
      - galle
      - colombo

Appreciate your kind help.

more
    • Sri Lanka travel itinerary

Sri Lanka Yesterday

Hi guys! I know am asking a very vague question but could help me in planning itinerary for my expected tour to Sri Lanka.

Am looking to travel there sometime in Jan or Feb 2015 (I know I have started planning to early), I searched various travel sites and most of them have similar itinerary as below:
      Day 01 : Colombo - Kelaniya - Colombo
      Day 02 : Colombo - Pinnawala - Dambulla
      Day 03 : Dambulla - Sigiriya - Matale - Kandy
      Day 04 : Kandy - Peradeniya - Kandy
      Day 05 : Kandy - Hakgala - Nuwara Eliya
      Day 06 : Nuwara Eliya - Bentota
      Day 07 : Bentota - Departure from Colombo

I don't know much about the country, so am not sure if the above cities/places and days are enough to see Sri Lanka. Can someone help me.

Also noticed that no company includes Jaffna. I would like to visit as have heard a lot about it but is it advisable to go there?

more
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

more
    • rberelia's Profile Photo

Night Bus service from Kandy or Kurunagela to Trincomalee

by rberelia Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM

is there any Night Bus - Luxury or AC - service from Kandy or Kurunagela to Trincomalee. Frequency and time table of the service please
      Regards

3 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    • Photographs

by mikmyro Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I am looking for someone to take a digital picture of a gravestone in the Trinco Protestant Cemetery. Also to find out if church birth/marriage/death records still exist for the area. Do you know of anyone?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • Family Guest Houses in Trincomale and Kilinochchiya area

by sandya56 Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Hey Guys,

We are planning to visit Tricomalee, Kilinochchiya and Jaffana in late December 2010 to Early Januaray 2011.

We would be grateful if any of you could provide information on family guest houses.

Thank you kindly

Sandya and the family

2 Answers Aug 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    • How long will it take to get to Jaffna

by Andare Online Now May 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM

How far and how long will it take for us to drive by car from Trincomalee to Jaffna?
      And what is there to see in Trincomalee other than the beaches, and Pigeon Island?

4 Answers May 29, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    • Advice Needed!! Trincomalee, Batticoloa, Ampara

by tkirti Online Now Feb 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Hey guys,
      My friends and I are trying to plan a trip through the east. We are starting in Kandy and then going up to Trincomalee, then Batticoloa and lastly Ampara and back to Kandy.

I've been trying to figure out how to get from Kandy to Trinco and I've never been more confused. Does anyone know if there are direct buses from Kandy to Trinco or any train service? If not, what are best routes from Kandy to Trinco using public transportation?

I've also been trying to find some budget accommodations in Trinco and it's been pretty much impossible. Does anyone know of places that are around Rs.1000-1500 per night for a double room?

Also, what is the best way to get to Batticoloa from Trinco? Also, is it possible to get from Batti or Ampara back to Kandy or would I have to go back to Trinco to find public transportation back to Kandy?

Sorry for all the questions! Any other advice/tips you have regarding the east coast would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

3 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 12:34 AM
    • looking Holiday house

by markfonseka Online Now Dec 22, 2009 at 2:42 AM

We are looking Holiday house for two days.
      Suppose to come with our family members on 27Dec - 28Dec.
      Please let me know.

• Nilaveli to Arugam Bay

by bobtrish Online Now Jul 20, 2004 at 10:16 PM

Does anyone know the best route to take to travel from Nilaveli to Arugam Bay, and approximately how many hours? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 1, 2004 at 1:09 PM
    • Safety

by smw53 Online Now Jul 15, 2004 at 5:58 AM

I am due to visit Trincomalee at the start of august. I am concerned about safety due to the worsening security/political situation. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice

2 Answers Jul 16, 2004 at 8:07 PM
    • Wadduwa and Kalamata

by kimspence Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 7:47 AM

I am considering going to either the above in September and wanted to hear from anyone about the local area. For instance, outside the all inclusive hotels is there much going on - restaurants/bars/shops etc.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2004 at 2:36 PM
    • The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

by Stonesheygate Online Now May 8, 2004 at 9:26 AM

Does anyone know whether the Sea Angler's Club in China Bay is open? Is it possible to make reservations? Does it still have motor boats for rod and line fishing? I am hoping to be in Trinco in August with a family of four - and the Sea Angler's Club is where we would like to stay if possible.

5 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    • Cheap Accommodation in Trincomalee

by kodaijuly Online Now Apr 6, 2004 at 12:11 PM

Will be travelling to Sri Lanka in end May-mid June and would like to visit NE Region on low budget. Perhaps stay in local accommodation or nice cheap guesthouse? Any ideas and thanks for this July

3 Answers Apr 23, 2004 at 9:34 AM
    • Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

by Emma10 Online Now Feb 24, 2004 at 7:14 AM

I am going to Sri Lanka in July for my honeymoon and wanted to stay in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli for a few days. I wondered if anyone had any hotel recommendations - The Nilaveli Beach hotel doesn't look that great, and I have read mixed reviews, although I understand it is on the most beautiful beach. I was thinking about the French Garden Guesthouse (maybe a bit basic????) or the Club Oceanic. Has anyone stayed in any of these? Any advice much apprecitated!! Emma

5 Answers Mar 24, 2005 at 7:47 PM
    • hiring a car from trinco to the airport

by avisitor Online Now Oct 14, 2003 at 10:12 AM

a group of us are planning to visit Trinco in December. One person will need to get back to the airport the next day. Is it possible to rent a car and driver from the Nilaveli Beach Hotel for the return trip for one person? Is it safe? Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 21, 2003 at 10:21 AM
    • Mick_B's Profile Photo

Wadduwa

by Mick_B Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 12:12 PM

We are going to wadduwa in September, I have read all the forum messages and this place is never mentioned, is it ok here or have we made a mistake. Are the beaches ok or is it better in the south. Thanks Mick

3 Answers Jun 29, 2003 at 6:35 AM
    • Crowther's Profile Photo

Diving

by Crowther Online Now Jun 6, 2003 at 8:21 AM

What diving is available on the east coast, Trincolmallee to Batticola

1 Answer Jun 9, 2003 at 1:53 PM
    • Recommend a hotel in Trinco for family 5?

by sjc1355 Online Now Jun 6, 2003 at 7:09 AM

Could anyone recommend a good hotel in Trinco for a family of five, 2 adults and 3 children near town? We will be in Trinco in early August.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2003 at 3:23 AM