Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation

Kandy Oct 7, 2015 at 11:53 AM

I am in Kandy. I want to know how much to pay for a taxi or a car in Kandy. I need contact numbers and references for good tour and transport operators in Kandy. Would it be wise to take the car to Nuwarara Elliya for sightseeing and retain the car for a night and then come back to Kandy in the same car.

• Train from Kandy to Negombo

Sri Lanka Sep 20, 2015 at 3:57 AM

I want to travel on 06/10/2015 from Kandy to Negombo by train (arrival around 17:00 clock). Need current train schedule. Observation Train at this time? It is perhaps more quickly from Colombo to go to Negombo with the taxi, how much does it cost? Thank you.

• Travel partner for Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Sep 29, 2015 at 4:13 AM

Hi, I'm male 27 will be travelling to Sri lanka from 14th October till 20 th october.
      Looking for travel partner ....Is any one interested ?

• bala101's Profile Photo

Travel in Sri Lnka

Sri Lanka Sep 18, 2015 at 5:47 AM

Greetings. I have been to Sri Lanka earlier, but have not quite enjoyed traveling alone. Any plans anyone to accompany (from Sirlanka). Thank you.

• Help to travel from Arugam Bay to Trincomalee

Sri Lanka Sep 17, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Can anyone help me with advice on the best way to travel from Arugam bay to Nilaveli close to Trincomalee? Also where and how can one rent a car for the one way trip, I guess from Akkaraipattu to Trinco?
      Thx L

• Colombo-Sigriya-Dambulla-Columbo possible in a days time?

Colombo Sep 17, 2015 at 1:05 AM

Is this kind of Round trip (Colombo-Sigriya-Dambulla-Columbo) possible in a days time?
      We are really short of time in Colombo like for 4 days/3 nights. We plan to do 1 full day in North (covering sigriya/Dambulla), 2 days in South covering Hikkaduwa and Galle and one day in Colombo.

We are landing in Colombo around 5:30am, and plan to immediately head in direction of Sigiriya from airport. We plan to first halt at Dambulla, and then go to Sigriya rock climbing. Later in evening, we plan to head back for Colombo.

Is the evening/night travel advisable from Sigiriya to Colombo?

Further, we are going in end of September, so any of these location are impacted/closed during monsoons? Please advice.

• accommodation negombo beach

Negombo Sep 30, 2015 at 10:53 AM

HI, Can anyone recommend a good, resonably priced place to stay, with pool.Prefer a friendly, family run place, rather than a big chain hotel.Close to beach, restaurants etc.
      Thanks Gill

• Mi06's Profile Photo

Ride cost from Colombo Airport to Unawatuna

Sri Lanka Sep 13, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Hello everybody!
      Next Friday, 19th of September I'll be traveling to Sri Lanka and I need a ride for 2 people from the Airport to Unawatuna. Anyone can recommend me a driver, with good prices? I contacted Kangaroo taxi but they gave me a high rate I guess, 12500 LKR...
      Thanks a lot!

• tuk tuk costs

Sri Lanka Sep 30, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Hi what is the normal cost for travel on a tuk tuk, eg airport to Negombo?
      Thanks Gill

• tour in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Oct 5, 2015 at 12:23 AM

hi, my wife and I are visiting the country 6 nights and 5 1/2 days. what are the must-to-do or must see places? Since we will arriving at 3pm on Oct 24 and depart @ 6 pm on Oct 31. We are planning to boo with travel and tour agency but we want to negotiate with the places we want to see. Hope somebody could give us suggestions. thank you.

• Trip to Srilanka

Colombo Sep 15, 2015 at 3:22 AM

m planning to travel to srilanka on dec 31,2015 for 4 night
      Can any one suggest me to find hotels & where to travel & how to travel??

• we want to travel by bus or train from Jaffna to Trincomalee

by CandyC27 Online Now Aug 4, 2015 at 6:27 AM

What is the cheapest and best way to travel from Jaffna to Trincomolee.
      Who can give us some more information about this subject?
      I hope you can help us out! Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 29, 2015 at 11:28 PM
    • bars & restaurants

by KritikaSinhal Online Now Apr 2, 2015 at 10:30 AM

are there great options in trincomalee?

7 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 5:50 AM
    • Day trips from Tincomalee

by katherinesmith Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hi there, we are thinking of booking a holiday to Trincomalee. We have never been to Sri Lanka before, so are looking for beach/relaxation, but also to see a few of the amazing site e.g. tee plantation, elephants/wildlife, city and culture etc. are these achievable as day trips from Tincomalee? Thanks

3 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    • Masha_M's Profile Photo

how is the weather in January?

by Masha_M Online Now Nov 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Hi, how is the weather in January in Trincomalee and at the beaches on the East coast? I know it's rainy season, but can you still enjoy a nice beach holiday? Are most hotels open? Do people still stay on the beach? Or is it all deserted due to bad weather? Would south coast be much better? Or just a little better?

7 Answers Nov 29, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

jaffna to trincomalee

by anonxxx Online Now Aug 30, 2014 at 3:31 AM

I am travelling in november 2014 from Jaffna to Trincomalee, what is the best way of transport? any timetables?
      thank you for your time,

1 Answer Aug 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • transport from colombo

by helena20 Online Now Jul 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM

I was wondering how I would find times and book an air con bus/coach from colombo to Trincomalee?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • Accomodation

by Normyc Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Hi all. I am really struggling to find good accomodation in and around the Trinco/Nilaveli area for August. Ideally, we'd like a beach front location, quite secluded and happy to go basic as long as it's clean and has mosquito nets! Our budget is £60pn - does anyone know of anywhere they'd recommend?

2 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    • rberelia's Profile Photo

Night Bus service from Kandy or Kurunagela to Trincomalee

by rberelia Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM

is there any Night Bus - Luxury or AC - service from Kandy or Kurunagela to Trincomalee. Frequency and time table of the service please

3 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    • Photographs

by mikmyro Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I am looking for someone to take a digital picture of a gravestone in the Trinco Protestant Cemetery. Also to find out if church birth/marriage/death records still exist for the area. Do you know of anyone?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • Family Guest Houses in Trincomale and Kilinochchiya area

by sandya56 Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Hey Guys,

We are planning to visit Tricomalee, Kilinochchiya and Jaffana in late December 2010 to Early Januaray 2011.

We would be grateful if any of you could provide information on family guest houses.

Thank you kindly

Sandya and the family

2 Answers Aug 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    • How long will it take to get to Jaffna

by Andare Online Now May 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM

How far and how long will it take for us to drive by car from Trincomalee to Jaffna?
      And what is there to see in Trincomalee other than the beaches, and Pigeon Island?

4 Answers May 29, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    • Advice Needed!! Trincomalee, Batticoloa, Ampara

by tkirti Online Now Feb 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Hey guys,
      My friends and I are trying to plan a trip through the east. We are starting in Kandy and then going up to Trincomalee, then Batticoloa and lastly Ampara and back to Kandy.

I've been trying to figure out how to get from Kandy to Trinco and I've never been more confused. Does anyone know if there are direct buses from Kandy to Trinco or any train service? If not, what are best routes from Kandy to Trinco using public transportation?

I've also been trying to find some budget accommodations in Trinco and it's been pretty much impossible. Does anyone know of places that are around Rs.1000-1500 per night for a double room?

Also, what is the best way to get to Batticoloa from Trinco? Also, is it possible to get from Batti or Ampara back to Kandy or would I have to go back to Trinco to find public transportation back to Kandy?

Sorry for all the questions! Any other advice/tips you have regarding the east coast would be much appreciated.

3 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 12:34 AM
    • looking Holiday house

by markfonseka Online Now Dec 22, 2009 at 2:42 AM

We are looking Holiday house for two days.
      Suppose to come with our family members on 27Dec - 28Dec.
      Please let me know.

• Nilaveli to Arugam Bay

by bobtrish Online Now Jul 20, 2004 at 10:16 PM

Does anyone know the best route to take to travel from Nilaveli to Arugam Bay, and approximately how many hours? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 1, 2004 at 1:09 PM
    • Safety

by smw53 Online Now Jul 15, 2004 at 5:58 AM

I am due to visit Trincomalee at the start of august. I am concerned about safety due to the worsening security/political situation. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice

2 Answers Jul 16, 2004 at 8:07 PM
    • Wadduwa and Kalamata

by kimspence Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 7:47 AM

I am considering going to either the above in September and wanted to hear from anyone about the local area. For instance, outside the all inclusive hotels is there much going on - restaurants/bars/shops etc.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2004 at 2:36 PM
    • The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

by Stonesheygate Online Now May 8, 2004 at 9:26 AM

Does anyone know whether the Sea Angler's Club in China Bay is open? Is it possible to make reservations? Does it still have motor boats for rod and line fishing? I am hoping to be in Trinco in August with a family of four - and the Sea Angler's Club is where we would like to stay if possible.

5 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    • Cheap Accommodation in Trincomalee

by kodaijuly Online Now Apr 6, 2004 at 12:11 PM

Will be travelling to Sri Lanka in end May-mid June and would like to visit NE Region on low budget. Perhaps stay in local accommodation or nice cheap guesthouse? Any ideas and thanks for this July

3 Answers Apr 23, 2004 at 9:34 AM
    • Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

by Emma10 Online Now Feb 24, 2004 at 7:14 AM

I am going to Sri Lanka in July for my honeymoon and wanted to stay in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli for a few days. I wondered if anyone had any hotel recommendations - The Nilaveli Beach hotel doesn't look that great, and I have read mixed reviews, although I understand it is on the most beautiful beach. I was thinking about the French Garden Guesthouse (maybe a bit basic????) or the Club Oceanic. Has anyone stayed in any of these? Any advice much apprecitated!! Emma

5 Answers Mar 24, 2005 at 7:47 PM
    • hiring a car from trinco to the airport

by avisitor Online Now Oct 14, 2003 at 10:12 AM

a group of us are planning to visit Trinco in December. One person will need to get back to the airport the next day. Is it possible to rent a car and driver from the Nilaveli Beach Hotel for the return trip for one person? Is it safe? Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 21, 2003 at 10:21 AM
    • Mick_B's Profile Photo

by Mick_B Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 12:12 PM

We are going to wadduwa in September, I have read all the forum messages and this place is never mentioned, is it ok here or have we made a mistake. Are the beaches ok or is it better in the south. Thanks Mick

3 Answers Jun 29, 2003 at 6:35 AM
    • Crowther's Profile Photo

by Crowther Online Now Jun 6, 2003 at 8:21 AM

What diving is available on the east coast, Trincolmallee to Batticola

1 Answer Jun 9, 2003 at 1:53 PM
    • Recommend a hotel in Trinco for family 5?

by sjc1355 Online Now Jun 6, 2003 at 7:09 AM

Could anyone recommend a good hotel in Trinco for a family of five, 2 adults and 3 children near town? We will be in Trinco in early August.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2003 at 3:23 AM