Trincomalee Travel Answers

change location

Family Guest Houses in Trincomale and Kilinochchiya area

by sandya56 Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Hey Guys,

We are planning to visit Tricomalee, Kilinochchiya and Jaffana in late December 2010 to Early Januaray 2011.

We would be grateful if any of you could provide information on family guest houses.

Thank you kindly

Sandya and the family

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Re: Family Guest Houses in Trincomale and Kilinochchiya area

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM

When I stayed in Trinco a few yrs ago, it was a small hotel at Nilaveli Beach, but I don't recall the name, so I don't have personal experience, but when Googling, found these links which may be of assistance:

go-lanka.com/Trincomalee/tri...

boutiquesrilanka.com/regions...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kachipata's Profile Photo

Re: Family Guest Houses in Trincomale and Kilinochchiya area

by Kachipata Online Now Aug 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Trincomalee has a number of guest houses and hotels of different price range. Luxury 4 star hotel of USD 180-200, mediocre hotels for LKR 6000, guest houses for LKR 1500 to 4000. Those which are within the range of LKR 1000 to 1500 are in cheap condition, damp, not very clean and hygienic. Hotels and guest houses that are close to the beach are in Uppuveli, 6 k.m. from town on way to Nilaveli. They are known as 'Chayya Blu' (4 star, Lotus Park (mediocre), Italian Guest house (4000), Sivas guest house (6000), Palm Beach (1500), French Garden/Pragash (1000-1500) etc. Most of them are right on the beach or close proximity to beach (3/4 minutes walk).

Apart from Beach, there is nothing much to see in Trinco. It takes about 6 to 7 hours by bus to come to Trinco from Colombo and from Kandy 4 hours.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines