Trincomalee Travel Answers

change location

The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

by Stonesheygate Online Now May 8, 2004 at 9:26 AM

Does anyone know whether the Sea Angler's Club in China Bay is open? Is it possible to make reservations? Does it still have motor boats for rod and line fishing? I am hoping to be in Trinco in August with a family of four - and the Sea Angler's Club is where we would like to stay if possible.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Nilanka's Profile Photo

Re: The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

by Nilanka Online Now May 9, 2004 at 2:59 AM

The club is open but I heard it is only for members. But I think you can use the facilities but not stay there. Let me know if you require me to get more info for you. nilankap@sltnet.lk Cheers, Nilanka

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

by Stonesheygate Online Now May 25, 2004 at 4:43 AM

Hi Nilanka Can you find out any mor details for me about the Sea Angler's Club? Maybe it is possible to register as a temporary member? Also if not, how do you find out about the facilities and their costs? Thanks

• Nilanka's Profile Photo

Re: Re: The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

by Nilanka Online Now May 25, 2004 at 7:05 AM

Hi Do send me an e-mail on nilankap@sltnet.lk and I will get some info for you. Cheers, Nilanka

• Re: The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

by JasperW Online Now Nov 1, 2004 at 5:08 AM

I stayed at Sea Anglers Club in 2002: I regularly stayed as a child in the 70's and my father was one of the early members.. Contiki are the booking agent based in Colombo - you can book but members have preference and that can mean staying at weekends is difficult. You will pay 'Tourist rates' which are still exceptional cheap. On the downside, the club has taken a battering during the Civil War and although it was never plush, it has lost its veneer... The wooden furntiure is gone with only a few plastic chairs in their place - The jetty has all but been destroyed - you get the picture The larger boats (such as 'Tuna') are no longer there, only a couple of small 20+ft boats. The Navy are also reluctant to let anyone go fishing without permission (at least in 2002) - we did, but caught nothing and also got seen off by a patrol boat: Also, in 2002 the water was barren: There used to be thousands of fish and marine life in Clappenburg Bay and in 2002 not even sea urchins.. I don't know whether the problem is El Nino or dynamiting or whatever. Still a fabulous place to stir up some nostalgia, although with a tinge of sadness. Ex members or those with fond memories should club together and get the place back to its semi former glory. When all is said it is a tribute to the various committes that the place has even survived over the last 20 years

• Re: The Sea Angler's Club Trincomalee

by beady1 Online Now Mar 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I would also like to know if this club is still open

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines