Trincomalee Travel Answers

change location

Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

by Emma10 Online Now Feb 24, 2004 at 7:14 AM

I am going to Sri Lanka in July for my honeymoon and wanted to stay in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli for a few days. I wondered if anyone had any hotel recommendations - The Nilaveli Beach hotel doesn't look that great, and I have read mixed reviews, although I understand it is on the most beautiful beach. I was thinking about the French Garden Guesthouse (maybe a bit basic????) or the Club Oceanic. Has anyone stayed in any of these? Any advice much apprecitated!! Emma

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Nilanka's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

by Nilanka Online Now Feb 24, 2004 at 8:11 PM

The Nilaveli is a good hotel considering the class of accommodation you get in the Are. Club Oceanic is in Uppuveli which is just before Nilaveli. This is also a good place. Do let me know if you need info on travel etc. Nilanka

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

by Emma10 Online Now Feb 26, 2004 at 6:07 AM

Thanks, Do you have any recommendations for car and driver hire from Kandy? We would like to hire someone for 8 days to take us from Kandy to Sigyuria, where we are staying for three days while we do the cultural triangle, up to Trinco for four days and then back to the airport.

• Re: Re: Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

by Emma10 Online Now Feb 26, 2004 at 6:08 AM

Thanks, Do you have any recommendations for car and driver hire from Kandy? We would like to hire someone for 8 days to take us from Kandy to Sigyuria, where we are staying for three days while we do the cultural triangle, up to Trincomalee for four days and then back to the airport.

• Nilanka's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

by Nilanka Online Now Feb 26, 2004 at 7:23 AM

Yes. An A/C Minivan can be provided for Rs.25/- km and you will pay for only what you use. If you require it please do e-mail me on nilankap@sltnet.lk Cheers, Nilanka

• Randaleros's Profile Photo

RE: Hotels in Trincomalee/ Nilaveli

by Randaleros Online Now Mar 24, 2005 at 7:47 PM

Hi Emma, Ijust return from Trincomalee on the 25th of Feb. 05. I had 2 dinners at the Oceanic Resort and also at the Hotel Lotus Park. Both are open and in business but are in the process of re-building after the tsunami damage.
    The Lotus Park was in good shape but I hve heard that the NGO's have booked most available rooms in the area. The small cabanas at the Lotus shuld be rebuilt by the time you arrive. The area around Nilaveli and Uppevali have suffered much damage but much is in the process of rebuilding. I had a wonderful time working alongside members of the ADT installing water systems as relief aid. Unfortunatley the diaster is what brought me to that country. Now I cannot wait to back- so many friends were made and the people are wonderful.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines