Triglav Nacionalni Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hiking in June

by yuvalko Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I'm considering a hike in mid June which includes crossing the higher part of the park, from Dom na Komni via Triglavskih Jezerih to Trenta. Is that feasible considering snow conditions? I do have winter hiking experience but I don't plan to carry full winter gear - will have some traction ("microspikes") and poles, as well as good 3-season waterproof boots etc.

Thanks!

more
    • Hiking in June

by yuvalko Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I'm considering a hike in mid June which includes crossing the higher part of the park, from Dom na Komni via Triglavskih Jezerih to Trenta. Is that feasible considering snow conditions? I do have winter hiking experience but I don't plan to carry full winter gear - will have some traction ("microspikes") and poles, as well as good 3-season waterproof boots etc.

Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    • Hiking to triglav

by wouterVers Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Hi, a couple of friends and I are thinking about hiking in Triglav national park. We would like to climb Triglav mountain as far as we can before needing any sort of special equipment. We would be taking the route from Savica Waterfall, via Koca pri Triglavskih Jezerih or from Stara Fuzina, via Vodnikov Dom na Velem Polju. After getting as close to the top of triglav as possible with limited equipment, we would then descend to Bled. Is this possible and how far up the mountain can we then hike?

Greetings and thanks in advance

2 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 3:29 AM
    • maria25's Profile Photo

Mount Triglav

by maria25 Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Is there a cable car to get up Mount Triglav? And from where please?

Thanks alot

5 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    • Vrsic pass possible with big motorhome?

by MyriamWagemans Online Now May 24, 2013 at 3:56 AM

We would like to make a 3 week tour in Slovenia and we would like to know whether it is possible to do the Vrsic pass with a motorhome of about 8 meter long ...

3 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    • Raolyn's Profile Photo

Trailrun

by Raolyn Online Now Dec 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I'm a enthousiastic trailrunner, I have experience in running distances untill 80km. I have done trailruns up to 65km with 2500m altitude difference. Now I am planning to run/climb Triglav.... I don't know what to expect. I have hiked up to Vodnikov dom and back to Savica in one day. That was with my girlfriend an mother. So I do know the terain a little. The year before I've been up to Prsivec and Visevnik without any difficulties. Now I want to start in at the church in Ribcev Laz go up to the top by Voje, Vodnikov. Descending, that I am planning to do through the lakes plateau, passing Zasavska and Koca pri Triglavskih to Savici and back to the starting point.

Ho long should I plann to do this? Taking in account that I run and don't walk. Can someone make a guess how many kilometers/miles this is? Maybe how many ours hiking it is? Do I need any specific climbing gear? The other climbs I have done, I did ony with a backpack with food and drinks.

1 Answer Dec 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    • Triglav in april

by stoikata Online Now Mar 18, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Hi,
      i have some questions about Mt. Triglav. is it difficult to climb Triglav in april 05-06.04.2009. Is there avalanch risk on the way KRM-Kredarica-Triglav?
      What other i have to know about Triglav climb, is it steep and is there a dangerous to fall from the wall of triglav.

2 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    • Best/Easiest route to climb Triglav

by HeidyNovak Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 5:17 AM

Hi, have 11, 13, 15 year olds and going to climb Triglav Mid August. 11 year old daughter not the most athletic type. what is the easiest route up Triglav. How long should it take at an easy pace and how steep is the walking. I want to be prepared. - Can you tell me the actual Km's that will be walked taking the easiest route up Triglav? Thanks, H

• mountain huts in late october

by ktboundary1 Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 10:57 AM

wanting to do at least 2 decent hikes in late october - around the triglav lakes (i think this is at least 2 days; stay at Kredarici or planika?) and from kranjska gora to bovec over vrsic pass (also at least 2 days; stay at izviru soce or ticarjev dom?).
      will it be too wintery? we like winter hiking but...
      what huts are available at this time of year?
      everyone says to make reservations, but where do you make them?
      we don't need sleeping bags?
      but bring some food just in case?

one of the sites said that their huts are open through mid october but with minimal provisions after that...??????

lots of questions!
      thanks!!
      ~katie

1 Answer Sep 1, 2007 at 8:54 PM
    • Hoping to climb Triglav in May?

by snagode Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 10:40 PM

I am visiting the week of May 13th to 20th. A climb of Triglav on this trip would be a wonderful experience.

I am hoping that since this is a lower than average snow year, some of the higher huts may be open. I know there is a webpage with hut information, but I do not speak Slovenian yet.

My desired route has to be a short one, based on what I have read either Kot valley or from Rudno Polje. A one day climb is an option, but would like the experience of staing in a hut if possible. My climbing experience is high, and I am comfortable using crampons and an ice axe. I know going solo is not recommended so if there are other options - please inform me!

If it matters I am from the Seattle Washington, USA area.

Thanks STEVE

Thanks for any help or advice-

2 Answers Oct 6, 2007 at 12:02 PM
    • Northern or Western Routes

by md_transplant Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Hello. We are hiking a portion of the Via Alpina trail in September and would like to access and climb Mt Triglav from the trail. We would either go Trzaska koca na Dolicu - Triglav - Aljazev dom, or in the opposite direction. Can anyone recommend a non-technical route for ascent and descent? We will be carrying full packs (12-15kg) and will have only boots and hiking poles. Thank you.

• Triglav in one day

by Zel_B Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 12:16 AM

Hello,

My intention is to climb to the summit of Triglav in one day in July (any day between the 20th and 23rd ). Based on what I found on the web, the best ways to climb are from Mojstrana or Krnica. I am wondering is there any better starting point for a one day climb?

As recommended by any Triglav resourcea, a person shouldn’t attempt the climb alone. As I am visiting Slovenia alone, are there any groups or individual out there who intend to climb Triglav between the 20th and 23rd July 2006 to join? Also, is there any guide service that I can approach?

I am an accomplished hiker and long distance cross country runner who runs 60-90 km per week.

Please respond or just point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Zel

3 Answers Jul 8, 2006 at 2:01 AM
    • Maps

by agalea Online Now May 14, 2006 at 5:03 PM

Hello. I will be travelling to Triglav national park towards the end of may. Can anybody tell me where I can get a few maps for grade 2* walks around the park?
      Many thanks! Arthur.

2 Answers May 18, 2006 at 4:57 AM
    • Triglav and Garmin GPS

by Ricard01G Online Now Jul 29, 2005 at 7:14 PM

Hi,

I would like to plot my route to the top of Triglav on my Garmin GPS.

I cannot find any information about this.

Can anybody help me?

2 Answers Aug 5, 2005 at 7:55 AM
    • whirleybird's Profile Photo

Climbing Triglav-about those ledges...

by whirleybird Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 3:10 PM

Greetings, My husband and I plan to climb Triglav in early Sept., we are not rock climbers, but are avid hikers, and have trekked the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal. I am hearing some conflicting reports on the technical skills needed, as well as bravery (I hate narrow ledges). Is there a particular trail that has the fewest ledges? Or am I in over my head? thanks, Jules

4 Answers Aug 13, 2004 at 1:25 PM
    • Climbing Triglav

by kevin699 Online Now Jul 29, 2004 at 3:55 PM

I've been searching around for some basic research on climbing Triglav, but still have a few questions. . . How long is the tourist route (miles if possible)? Elevation gain (in feet if possible)? Can it be done in a day? Any recommended huts along the way? How technical is the easy way up? I'm travelling to Slovenia for a short time and am travelling light and will not bring any rock equipment . . . I've climbed Mt. Rainier and am fairly comfortable with big elevation gains. I'd appreciate any and all helpfull info that you could provide. Thanks!!

5 Answers Aug 5, 2004 at 11:25 AM
    • Adelle123's Profile Photo

What equipment do i need?

by Adelle123 Online Now May 19, 2004 at 9:07 AM

I've got a last minute trip to the julian alps in mid June, and i've read in several places that there can be snow well into the summer. Is this just soft slushy snow? or should bring my ice axe? Also, do the mountain huts tend to fill up in June? Should i call ahead? Thanks :)

3 Answers May 26, 2004 at 11:16 PM
    • Mt. Huts

by mattpiercy Online Now Oct 14, 2003 at 7:18 AM

I'll be heading over to do some hiking at Triglav and want to be sure some of the huts will be open. Next week, the 21st we should be entering the park. Would like to get up on Triglav. Any problems like the huts being shut already? If so, which ones would still be open? Still possible to climb freely and pitch a tent? Snow? Suggestions and comments welcome. Thank you! --Mj

3 Answers Apr 21, 2004 at 10:57 AM