Trieste Travel Answers

change location

taxi in trieste or any other night transportation

by greenarakis Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 2:04 AM

we are planning to visit Trieste and will stay in the Youth Hostel Miramare which is 7 km away from the center. How to get there at some time in the night and what's the price if taxi is the only night transport?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: taxi in trieste or any other night transportation

by leics Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I can't find a 'Youth Hostel Miramare'.

Do you mean the Tergeste YH on Viale Miramare? If so, directions on the HI website:

hihostels.com/dba/hostels-Tr...

say bus 36 stops 200m away and bus 51 ( from the airport ) stops 500 m away.

Timetables here:

triestetrasporti.it/index.ph...

If that is not the hostel then you can find other Trieste bus timetables here:

Without knowing which hostel, when you will be arriving and where you will be arriving (railway station? airport?) it is difficult to give an idea of taxi fare...maybe 15 euro ish, depending on time of day, number of bags etc.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: taxi in trieste or any other night transportation

by greenarakis Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM

yes, this is the hostel in Viale Miramare, as I saw on the map. it is cca 7 km away from the center. We will arrive to Trieste with the car as the hostel has parking in front of the hostel and then we'll go to the city center in the evening, and leave the car at the hostel. As I can see on the bus timetable, there's no busses after midnight.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I understand. The hostel should be able to tell you how much a taxi should cost and may also be able to give you the number of a local firm, so you can phone for a taxi rather than having to look for one.

1 member found this helpful

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

by oriettaIT Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM

greenarakis wrote:
    yes, this is the hostel in Viale Miramare, as I saw on the map. it is cca 7 km away from the center. We will arrive to Trieste with the car as the hostel has parking in front of the hostel and then we'll go to the city center in the evening, and leave the car at the hostel. As I can see on the bus timetable, there's no busses after midnight.

you wont regret your choice for the Tergest hostel, we stayed there last year and found it perfect. I was also by car and I actually used it to go to the center even if I figured in advance that I would take the bus instead.. On Sundays and Italian holidays all day and after 8 pm during weekdays most of the parking places are free of charge and I was able to park without much trouble almost every time. The hostel's people will be able to show you on a map where you can leave the car during the night while you visit the center. My review of the hostel is here Trieste Hotel Tips by oriettaIT

as you are there I also highly reccomend you to drive to Muggia one night, we went to a wonderful fish restaurant called Alla Marina and had a pleasant stroll around the village, it is maybe 20 minutes drive from the hostel, my Muggia page for more info is here "Muggia so close to Trieste but so different" - M├╣ggia by oriettaIT

Happy travel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines