Treasure Beach Travel Answers

change location
queenscout's Profile Photo

Living in Jamaice

by queenscout Online Now Oct 3, 2005 at 8:01 AM

This one is aimed at Asgotti. but feedback from anybody else welcome. Signed up with VT today, so forgive me if muck up on any protocols. Worked in Jamaica for four years from Jan 1976. UK since then. In common with Asgotti got married out there. Honeymoon in Negril. Now thirty years, four children later still married to same woman, but looking to retire back to the sun. Never spent any time in TB when i was there, probably drove through it a couple of times on my way to Sav la Mar from Kingston. Find the prospect of buying a property there and living nine months of the year in the sun very attractive. Treasure Beach seems ideal. Comments anyone, on any aspect at all? tia Tony

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • chakachaka's Profile Photo

RE: Living in Jamaice

by chakachaka Online Now Oct 23, 2005 at 7:23 AM

Treasure Beach is gaining popularity as a place for returning residents and expatriots for many reasons. Crime free, scenic, quiet, overall relaxing.
    Close enough to Southfield, Black River and Mandeville for major shopping.
    A real melting pot, lots of "red" jamaicans, so fairer skinned people don't stick out like a sore thumb, as they may in other areas of Jamaica.

Land is still relativelly affordable.

My advice, if you build in Treasure Beach (or anywhere in JA) use alternative energy sources. Solar and wind. The electric company's service continues to get more expensive and less reliable. Easier to build such a power system from the ground up rather than convert from an existing system.

Also, building costs continue to climb. Better to jump on it now, don't delay. You may find materials 50% more expensive a year from now (it's happened before).

THere are some opportunities to buy existing properties with house/land/business on them. That is a good thing to explore as well.

In summary, Treasure Beach is probably the best choice for Jamaica right now. It is like an island unto itself, containing the beauty of Jamaica, and not many of the problems.

Youcanemailmeat:Questions@ItalJamaica.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • queenscout's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Living in Jamaica

by queenscout Online Now Oct 28, 2005 at 10:10 AM

Hiya, Chakachaka

Thanks for taking the trouble with your input - most appreciated.

Maybe i'll come and see you in May next year and stay at the Viking House.

Regards,

Tony

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Treasure Beach