Treasure Beach Travel Answers

change location

Utilities in Treasure Beach

by babichou Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 12:21 PM

We have booked a stay in Billy's bay at the end of July /beginning of August. Remoteness and off the beaten path... few tourist accomodation sounds great as long as ... utilities like electricity and water are readily available. We are travelling with kids who might not take it stride if we spend days w/o electrical power. Anyone have any comments or experience to share? Thank you very much!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • stangray's Profile Photo

Re: Utilities in Treasure Beach

by stangray Online Now Jun 24, 2003 at 6:58 PM

I dont know Billy's Bay but I have heards good things about the place. I too own a country villa in St. Anns Bay near Ocho Rios. Its not remote,but very quiet and not far removed from the beach and other attractions. (Dunns River) All the utililties are available in any tourist lodging in Jamaica. So dont worry about a thing. Go and and enjoy. Here is my website if you are in Ocho. Rios. www.geocities.com/stangraystangray. You can email me for further help if needed.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Rasta_Rob's Profile Photo

Re: Utilities in Treasure Beach

by Rasta_Rob Online Now Jul 25, 2003 at 9:50 PM

I stayed at the Treasure Beach Hotel many years ago. While the "town" itself is pretty basic and isolated, the infrastructure is fine, and hotels in Jamaica always have electricity and running water. If you are worried about drinking water from the tap, just get bottled water at the hotel's restaurant. When I lived in Jamaica (left in 1996), there were several very nice hotels in Treasure Beach (e.g. Jake's) and Sandals owner Butch Stuart (who also owns Air Jamaica and half the island) was talking about bringing big all-inclusive resorts to the south side of the island, but I have heard this never actually happened. Good thing, since the main attraction of Treasure Beach is the fact that is quiet and (mostly) undeveloped.

• RE: RE: Utilities in Treasure Beach

by Susi54 Online Now Jul 24, 2005 at 4:29 AM

I can offer a very nice, cozy jamaican-style cottage for two in Treasure Beach / Fort Charles. Lovely unspoilt natural surroundings, oceanfront, self catering, inaugural price, doesn´t blow your bank account.... For more info and pictures please e-mail me at moonlight13@gmx.de

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Treasure Beach