Trazegnies Travel Answers

change location

room and board

by bolaetrapo Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM

where can me and wife find a room to stay four to six months?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: room and board

by Beausoleil Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Without knowing your country of citizenship, we can't really answer this. If you aren't a citizen of a Schengen country, you are limited to 3 months residence unless you get a visa. Until you get an answer, type the town into the VT Search window and check Travel Pages for Accommodations. Be patient because VT covers all the time zones so it can take a while to get answers. Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • by bolaetrapo Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I am a retired citizen of usa,i want to stay a while where my mother was born(Trazgnies) get to know her way of life and possibly meet someone who may have known my grandparents

• Re: room and board

by bolaetrapo Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Bon your,quest que je suis besoin d'avoir pour restes chez vous pour quelles temps?Je suis ness a Colombie, Amerique du Sud;la famille de ma mere a nees a Trazegnies je aux prove des cest lui la,je voudrais bien arrete an Belgique et habite avec vous seulment por reconte les memoires de ma mere..Jai me escuxe de mon ecriture que ce nest pas si bien...j'ai regrette beaoucup des ne savoir pa l'ecrire...C'est vraiement mon plasir de vous ecrire,la meme chose des etrre tres content de ecrire come jai parle...mery bien...a tout a leuer

• christine.j's Profile Photo

by christine.j Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Since you have a USA passport, you can stay for up to 90 days out of 180 in Belgium without a visa. Which passport does your wife have? After these 90 days are over, you have to leave Belgium and the whole Schengen area for another 90 days. You can try to get a long-term visa for Belgium, ask the consulate or embassy. You may also be entitled to a passport from Belgium through your mother. I don't know the rules about this in Belgium, again best ask the consulate. Without any long-term visa or Belgium passport, you cannot legally stay more than 90 days at a time.

by Beausoleil Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Here's the Schengen web site. Perhaps it will help you. http://www.schengenvisa.cc/

Good luck.

• Re: room and board

by bolaetrapo Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Thank you for your answer to my needs.Yes I have the papers from the consulate but am having problems finding the right authority to translate and verify with the proper seals..In any case we could apply for a visa with the Belgian Embassy so we could stay longer than planned...Having said this we are planning to be there in May 2014, and perhaps you could give us an idea how much it would cost to leave at your house,of course you could always at our 2 bedroom,2 bath apt. It's very nice over looking the golf course...Mercy bien

by Beausoleil Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I'm not sure whose house you wish to stay in, but Christine is from Germany and I live in the USA, neither one of which will help you in Belgium. You need to apply for rentals at HomeAway or something similar. We've used VRBO and HomeAway and been quite happy with both. Here are the web sites: holiday-rentals.com/World/r1... http://www.vrbo.com

Good luck.

1 member found this helpful

• by bolaetrapo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Thank you

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines