Travel Answers
Trat

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Smaney5's Profile Photo

Thai travel vaccination clinic recommendation?

Bangkok Apr 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Has anyone been to the Thai travel clinic to get shots? I'm looking to get my typhoid shot, and this seems like the cheapest yet most reliable place to get it. If you haven't been there, have you been somewhere else that you could recommend ? Tia

more
    • Gulliver's Tavern: A new pub on Sukhumvit

Bangkok Apr 15, 2015 at 7:29 AM

I m going to bangkok for the 1st time as a solo traveler. Can I go to Gulliver's tavern ? Will I be welcomed there as an Indian?

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Bus from Suvarnabhumi to Khaosan at night

Bangkok Apr 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I'll arrive at 12:30 am. Is it possible to take the bus to somewhere close to Khaosan road at this late hours? I'm guessing taxi would be too expensive from the airport at night

more
    • Sai Yok Yai Falls

Kanchanaburi Apr 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I'm planning to go to Kanchanaburi and I would like to do the Death Railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls + Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting) without a tour!

Does anyone know what would be the best route to take?
      - arriving Kanchanaburi, next day do the death railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls + return for 1 more night in Kanchanaburi and next day go to Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting)
      OR
      - one night in Kanchanaburi next day death railway + Golden Buddha - Krasae Cave + Sai Yok Nai falls and continue to Sai Yok Yai Falls (stay one night at raft house + bamboo rafting)

Also: is there conections between the two falls? and anyone know how long does it take from Sai Yok Yai to Bangkok?

Thanks!!

more
    • booking hotels now or waiting until in Thailand?

Bangkok Apr 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM

My husband and I will be arriving and leaving from Bangkok (12/20/15-1/2/16). We would like to also visit Angkor Wat and Ko Samui. We are on a budget. My husband is comfortable booking a couple of nights in Bangkok and then just playing it by ear. My concern is that we are traveling during the busy season and that we will have difficulty finding decent (and cost friendly) places to stay unless we book in advance. What do you recommend?

more
    • windDirection's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam from Bangkok

Bangkok Apr 27, 2015 at 12:53 PM

travelling to Bangkok Mid of June, I don't know where to start but I would like to go to Cambodia (Phnom Phen) from Bangkok, then to Laos (not sure where to in Laos yet) and from Laos  to Hanoi Vietnam I'd like to spend 4 days each and back to Bangkok. Highly appreciate itinerary and transportation recommendations about 10 -15 days travel. Thanks

more

Cheap reliable websites to purchase bus/train/flights

Bangkok Apr 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM

What are some good reputable websites to purchase bus tickets, train rides, and airline tickets? Tia

more
    • oxta's Profile Photo

Tour to Angkor Wat from Bangkok

Bangkok Apr 16, 2015 at 3:19 AM

Hi, I am from Indonesia. This is my first trip to Bangkok.
      I want to arrange trip to Angkor Wat on May 6th with my friend. So, it's only both of us.
      Since I can't speak Thai, I feel worry If I am not accompanied by tour guide.
      Could anyone please advise me if there are any tour to angkor wat (from bangkok) i can join with?
      I was look on http://www.thailandtourscenter.com/ but I think the price is too much.....
      Otherwise, if I can't join any tour perhaps anyone could advise me where I can find a tour guide from Bangkok (English/Bahasa Indonesia speaking)

more

Cheapest food options

Bangkok Apr 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM

What would be the cheapest way to eat while in Bangkok? I'm looking for things that are less than 30 baht per meal. Would it be better to shop at markets and buying bulkier foods(fruits,veggies,& meats)? Or purchase smaller meals from street vendors? I need the absolute cheapest options. If you list some of the cheapest food and the prices I would appreciate it, I'm not a picky eater at all. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Transportation from Trat Airport to Trat City

by MarcD01 Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 5:30 AM

Does anyone know if there are songtaews from Trat Airport to Trat City. If so, does anyone by any chance have the phone number of a reliable songtaew?

I will be going there in April 2015. So far the only transportation I have been able to find is the overpriced service by Bangkok Airways and Koh Chang Minibus.

Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Feb 6, 2015 at 4:31 AM
    • Trat city apartments

by eoinca Online Now May 16, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hello,I just moved to Trat City on mainland and wondering does anyone know how I can find an apartment to rent per month

3 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • Trat city apartments

by eoinca Online Now May 16, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hello,I just moved to Trat City on mainland and wondering does anyone know how I can find an apartment to rent per month

1 Answer May 18, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    • Teaching in Trat city

by eoinca Online Now May 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Hello, has anyone lived and being teaching in Trat city? Can you advise if it was a good experience and worth doing? I have a job offer to work there from next week and dont know much about the area, only what I can read on internet.
      Cheers Eoin

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • jitkaceska's Profile Photo

How to get from Bangkok to the Koh Kood Island

by jitkaceska Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I want to travel with 5 years old boy, that is why we need as comfortable as possible way.
      Thanks a lot for every advice.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 2:53 AM
    • taxi connection between siem reap and trat

by dkasabov Online Now Oct 26, 2012 at 6:07 AM

After Siem Reap, we have to go to TRAT in THAILAND and we decided to cross the land border. Is it possible to arrange a transportation from Siem Reap to the border. In fact we would like to know which is the nearest and best border to cross, how much time the jurney will take and how much it will cost. We do not want to take a public bus, so if we can find a car/taxi/minivan, do you know any agency that we could contact?

1 Answer Nov 2, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    • jt01's Profile Photo

Trat to Hua Hin

by jt01 Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 8:46 AM

We are having a few days on Koh Mak and then have 4 days free until we meet up with friends in Hua Hin. Any suggestions on how to best spend these 4 days. Are there any recomended places between Trat and Bangkok? We are happy to fly back to Bangkok and the make our way to Hua Hin with a couple of stops. (We have been to Kwai, Petchaburi & Ratchaburi. Any help much appreciated, John

2 Answers Dec 31, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    • Sunshine_1's Profile Photo

Away Resort !!! Have anyone been there?

by Sunshine_1 Online Now Jun 26, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Hello, I plan to go Koh Kood, and plan to stay at Away Resort. Who can suggest this accommodation? Good or not!!!

Thank you in advance.

1 Answer Jun 26, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    • Hotels in Trat

by finnishguy Online Now Oct 25, 2005 at 12:35 AM

Me and my girlfriend are travelling From Bangkok to Trat by bus on November 3rd.
      We are on our way to Ko Chang, but we are arriving so late to Trat ( at 10 pm) that we have to stay one night in Trat. Could you recommend a nice, clean hotel in town for one night. A room with own bathroom and AC is a must.

1 Answer Oct 25, 2005 at 8:12 PM
    • which bay / beach?

by utan Online Now Oct 18, 2003 at 9:23 AM

Just curious, Will be on Ko Chang early February. Who has been there and can recommend a certain beach / bay to stay. What bay did you think is the most beautiful one? Why did you choose to stay at a certain beach or why not?

5 Answers Jun 26, 2008 at 8:15 AM