Trang Travel Answers

change location
ultimateangling's Profile Photo

Where to go in Trang

by ultimateangling Online Now Feb 7, 2007 at 1:17 AM

We are thinking of stopping in the Trang area in early April on our way down the coast from Krabi to Langkawi. Has anyone done this, is it worth while or should we go straight onto Langkawi? I have heard there are some nice beaches but have no idea what the state of tourism is like in this area.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • wondersF's Profile Photo

Re: Where to go in Trang

by wondersF Online Now Aug 3, 2008 at 11:47 PM

My apologies. I just saw this querry left unanswered. After 18 months, may not be of any meaning to the originator but for others who dropped by.

Yes, there are lots to do in Trang. Depending on what is interesting to you.
    First, Trang is known for its Waterfalls. There are plenty. Waterfalls meant jungle trekking in real tropical country.Not on tourist beaten trails I am afraid. But very safe.
    Next on the agenda, are Asian food. There is a better choice here than many parts of Southern Thailand.

Of course, there are the usual Islands hopping tours and smaller caves, cave temples etc.
    To me, other than the Waterfalls, you would not be meeting any niche here in Trang. A very clean city and most of all, I feel important to me is in knowing the place well.
    More pricey place but being a nature lover, this place is the third of my favorite towns apart from Kanchanaburi and Krabi.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines