Trang Travel Answers

change location

Kradan to lanta

by TimLowe Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 1:55 PM

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get a boat from Kradan to Lanta? I've heard it might be possible to catch a ride with one of the tour boats that go to kradan to snorkel. Anybody done this before? Am actually going to be going to Phi Phi, but don't think I could get a direct boat from Kradan to Phi Phi. If anybody knows different, please let me know.

Thanks

Tim

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Sergeyu's Profile Photo

RE: Kradan to lanta

by Sergeyu Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 7:12 AM

Yes, itš correct that there is no dierct baots fropm PhiPhi to Koh Kradan. From Karadn you cabn get on a kind of regular boat only to Trang,as it is the nearest big piece of land to that. I afraid it would be not so easy to get one-day DIY snorkelling tour to Koh Kradan, since from Phi Phi at first you nee dto get to Koh Lanta and then join some tour (theer are number of them ) that departs to so called 4 iaslands trip - Ko Ngai, Ko Muk, Koh Kradan and smth. else, this boast leave Koh Lanta around 09:30-10:00am and come back at around 4-5pm. I 've been on Koh Lnata two times , I never heard that there are been organized tours to Koh Kradan only, but may be I'm wrong.

So to be able to catch early morning boat fro Lanta and then back to Phi pHi it seems you'd need to spend one or two nights on Koh Lanta.

Alternatively, you can hire private speedboat from Phi PHi, it woudl takes , I guess 1.5-2.5 h one way, but as costs are high in Phuket area, depending on the engine it could cost 500-1000 USD per trip. If you fdind companion for teh trip, then you could share these costs.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Kradan to lanta

by anna-y1456 Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM

From Koh kradan you can get on a kind of regular boat only to Trang,as it is the nearest big piece of land to that. I afraid it would be not so easy to get one-day DIY snorkelling tour to Koh Kradan, since from Phi Phi at first you nee dto get to Koh Lanta and then join some tour (theer are number of them ) that departs to so called 4 iaslands trip - Ko Ngai, Ko Muk, Koh Kradan and smth. else, this boast leave Koh Lanta around 09:30-10:00am and come back at around 4-5pm. I 've been on Koh Lnata two times , I never heard that there are been organized tours to Koh Kradan only, but may be I'm wrong.

anna

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines