change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• amiya's Profile Photo

Travelling with kids in Futami area

Ise Dec 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Hi, we are planning to visit Futami area (Bunka mura and wedded rock) this winter. We will come from Yokkaichi and get off at Ise station. What would be the best way to go to Bunka Mura. I read that there is a bus that we can take to go there. How easy is it to use the bus? And from Bunka Mura to the rock, will it be possible to walk?

more
    • Haircut in Kyoto

Kyoto Yesterday

Does anyone here know a place where I can get a good haircut?
      I'm going to my friends wedding on Sunday and I need a haircut ASAP. Thanks in advance

more
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Kumano kodo pilgrimage

Japan Dec 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Looking forward to do the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage in April.. I don't have that much time, so this 4 days and 3 nights package seems perfect..but I do have a lot of questions about it..

kumano-travel.com/index/en/a...

Has anybody done this tour with them or do you have another recommendation for something similar?

more
    • rakmedeiros's Profile Photo

Train Travel

Japan Dec 21, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Can I get to Tsuwano from Tokyo by train, without going all the way south to Shin Yamaguchi? Is there a train that goes across Japan? Looks like a train may go to the west coast from Fukuyama but cannot find the information. All of the websites I checked route me down to Shin Yamaguchi.
      Thank you

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

to Osaka Castle

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Hi!

From Namba Subway Station how to go to Osaka Castle?

thanks

more
    • Where to travel in Japan in April

Japan Yesterday

Hi

For our honeymoon, myself and my husband are going to Japan for 13 days at the beginning of April. We fly in to Tokyo and would obviously like to spend a few days there but beyond that have no ideas as yet on where to explore.

We will be travelling by train (or other local transport) and would like any advice on what to see and what to do whilst we are there. We would like to see some of the amazing places Japan has to offer, whether larger cities or more off-the-beaten-track, as well as any cultural events that might be of interest.

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

Kansai Airport to Namba Oriental Hotel

Osaka Dec 11, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi!

How to go to Namba Oriental Hotel (near Namba Subway Station) from Kansai Airport? What are the options? thanks much

more
    • Last Min Trip- Urgent help needed for 7 day Tokyo itinerary

Tokyo Dec 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

Need some urgent help. Last minute change in plans and I am now travelling to Tokyo with hubby and a 6 yr old girl from 8-14th Dec. I have some places in mind to cover and would be great if you could help string the itinerary together that is most efficient. I arrive at Narita Airport at 5pm on the 8th Dec. Thanks!!

Disneyland- 1 day
      Disney Sea- 1 day
      Universal Studios
      Tokyo Tower or Sky Tree
      Hakone (would I need to stay over if i want a full day in the gotemba outlet?)
      Mt Fuji
      Lake Ashi Pirate Ship Cruise
      Gotemba Premium Outlets- 1 day
      Shibuya, Ginza

Doughnut Plant & Magnolia Cupcake & Clinton Street Baking Company (when and how to include these three given their location)

Anything else that could fit in that I missed that you would recommend for a first timer? Pls suggest if any.

Thanks for your help.

more
    • Jesper's Profile Photo

Okinawa Islands itinerary

Japan Nov 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Hi! First trip to the Islands :-) We are arriving Naha an early morning in the end of March. We have 4 nights before going to Kyoto. I know it’s a bit early going to the beach, but we want to go to Kerama Islands. Aka-Jima ? I’m a diver and want to spend a day diving. A half day whale watching if it’s not to late at the end of March ? Some suggestions for a 4 night itinerary ? Going straight from the airport to Kerama Islands and spend the last day / night in Naha ? Or is 3 night ”too much” on a small island ? Thank you very much ☺

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to keep feet warm

Osaka Dec 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Will be departing to Osaka/Kyoto next week. Knowing that the it will be pretty cold, what should I wear to keep my feet warm? thanks.

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

from Osaka (Namba) to Kyoto

Kyoto Dec 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Hi guys!

What's the easiest and fastest way to go from Osaka to Kyoto? and also, From Kyoto station, which is nearer to go to - Golden Pavilon or Nijo Castle? Can we visit that 2 in one day? How can we go there? Thanks much

more
    • 2 day trip around Kyoto

Kyoto Nov 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hi,
      Where we should go -for 2 days- around Kyoto?
      (Not Nara or Osaka, cause they are already in my travel plan)
      Do you know another interesting village/city/interesting place 10-50 km around Kyoto?
      Thank you!

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Concept Hotel Waq vs Route Inn Toyam

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Nov 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Has anyone stayed at both the Concept Hotel Waq (Wakyu) AND Route Inn Toyama? I want to stay one night before an early departure for the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route (8-9am). In general, Wakyu definitely looks better but it also costs Y1500-2000 more. Anyway, we won't be staying in much. But what I am interested in is the breakfast. I like Japanese style breakfast but it will be even better if there are also Western selection. The pics show nice presentation at Wakyu but I don't know if they have lesser choices than Route Inn or not... It looks that way from the photos. So if anyone can give me some input?

Thanks!

Firefly Squid (Hotaruika) at Namerikawa (Toyama Prefecture)

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 16, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Hi Guys,
      I want to find out more abour the firefly squid (Hotaruika) at Namerikawa (Toyama Prefecture) but it is very hard to find details. I really hope someone would be able to assist and provide these info :
      1. Is the Hotaruika Museum worth a visit?
      2. If I go during season (2nd half of April) would I be seeing real life squid at the museum? What else is shown there?
      3. The Hotaruika Sightseeing Boat Tour - Is it worth the 3am trip?
      4. How much is the tour per person?
      5. What time will we be sent back to the port?
      6. What are the options to access the Namerikawa Fishing Port at 3am from Toyama?
      7 . Reservations for the boat ride go on sale in March and sell out quickly. How to make reservation?

I really want to find out more so I know whether to add 1 more night to Toyama stay next spring.

Thanks!
      Mel

1 Answer Dec 29, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Tonami Tulip Fair (Toyama Prefecture)

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 16, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Hi Guys,

Has anyone visited this Tulip Fair? Is it worth a visit if I happen to be in Toyama? I have been to Kuekenhof (Holland) before but not my friends. Also, maybe being in Japan, the garden design may be different. The Japanese are so artistic!

I really want to find out more so I know whether to add 1 more day to my Toyama stay next spring.

Thanks!
      Mel

5 Answers Dec 29, 2011 at 5:02 AM
    • Premium outlets near of toyama

by ahalawany Online Now Aug 16, 2008 at 7:45 AM

hi, i am in toyama, i want to ask if there is any premium outlet near of toyama as i knew that there is a discount from 22 to 30 Aug., if anyone can help me and tell me about a near one.
      Thank u very much

1 Answer Sep 16, 2011 at 7:51 PM