Townsville Travel Answers

change location

Migrating to Townsville

by chegutu Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I am from Zimbabwe and am considering to study for my masters program at James Cook University Townsville. I would like to know about the cost of living, job prospects and entertainment in Townsvilles. We are a family of 4.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Migrating to Townsville

by Donna_in_India Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Hi - Until you hear from some locals, try googling "expats Townsville". The expats are a great source of information for everything from apartments to jobs to getting together for holidays, to child care, etc.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ettiewyn's Profile Photo

Re: Migrating to Townsville

by ettiewyn Online Now Apr 1, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Hi,

I have studied at James Cook University, but at the campus in Cairns, not in Townsville. I can't help you with information on Townsville (I have been there but not long enough to answer your questions), but if you do not get sufficient anwers here, I am sure that the university will help you! As you might already know they have staff particularly employed to help foreign students and if you email them with your questions I am sure they will help you. Atmosphere at this university is very open-minded and friendly, and they always replied very fast to my emails when I had problems with my enrolement or other questions. It is a wonderful university and although I don't know which subjects you study and how that subject is at JCU, I can absolutely recommend it from the humane perspective - very friendly staff and teachers, best facilities in the libraries, computer rooms etc, and of course the beautiful tropical surroundings which add so much to the quality of living there.

Good luck with your decision!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines