Townsville Travel Answers

change location

Nude Beaches

by Marsketa Online Now Aug 6, 2004 at 11:36 PM

I'm heading up North this September/ October on a holiday. I am a naturist and was wondering if you know of any nude beaches in the Townsville area? I heard there might be one on Magnetic Island.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • australia2's Profile Photo

Re: Nude Beaches

by australia2 Online Now Aug 7, 2004 at 6:26 PM

Google comes up with amazing stuff. Try cheef.com/nudist news. But I think you might be disappointed - maybe topless but ???....L.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RogerW1nz's Profile Photo

Re: Nude Beaches

by RogerW1nz Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 2:43 AM

Hi Marsketa. I was on Magnetic Island a few years ago, and most beaches then seemed to be "anything goes" as long as you respect others. It's a beautiful spot and well suited to nude swimming. Hire a moke and scoot around the island. Try this site: http://www.users.tpg.com.au/tnclub/ for more info. cheers Roger

• Re: Nude Beaches

by nearlyalwaysnaked Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 11:19 PM

Hi Marsketa, There is possibly the most beautiful little beach you'll ever visit on Magnetic Island and it is a nude (Unofficial) beach! You have to go to Balding Bay! It is ~45mins walk from Horseshoe Bay and generally half the beach is for 'clothing optional' beachgoers. There has always been others with no gear on when i go there. Anyway...enjoy!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines