Tours

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trains from Tours

Chenonceau Jul 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Which station in Tours do trains depart from to Chenonceaux?

more
    • bike on train Orleans - Nevers

Orléans Jun 22, 2014 at 1:14 PM

We want to travel by bike from Saumur to Nevers, along the river Loire.
      After having arrived in Nevers, we want to put our bikes on the train and return to Saumur.
      Between Orleans and Saumur is a train-accommodation for bikes, but we cannot find that possibility between Nevers and Orleans.
      On internet we see some trainconnections between Nevers and Orleans.

Question: can we put our bikes on the train there and and travel in a fast way along the river by train.
      Or do we have to change more times the train.

Thanks in advance,
      Peter Smit (Netherlands)
      mail:
      smitruimtelijkontwerp@gmail.com

more
    • bus into Paris from Orleans

Orléans Jun 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Is there a bus from Orleans thats direct to Paris i am staying Across the river from Notre Dame

more
    • Accommodation in tours or nearby

by bevhenry1960 Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 9:27 AM

my daughter and I are going visit tours 19th 0 26th June.
      We urgently require somewhere to stay as place we had booked looks TOTALLY unsuitable on google map - ie 1.5km from centre but down an unlit road with no public transport.

I am partially disabled though only 54 so we would like a place that we feel safe in even if near Tours but with access to transportation or reasonable Taxi fare would prefer SC in a small flat etc but would consider anything at the moment.
      We have never been to France before except of course Paris so we are unsure of what to do.

any information - help - would be appreciated

Thank you

7 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • The road to take

by fusune7 Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Hi!
      Planning a trip to the Loire. Will be staying in Amboise and would like to spend a full day in Tours. So; 3 questions: Which would be the more scenic route to take from Amboise to Tours? Which would provide an easier access to the old town? Where do we park?
      I'd be greatful i,f you can help.
      Thanks
      fusune7

1 Answer Mar 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    • Events in Tours 2014

by jasperstephen2009 Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Hi,
      Are there any events in Tours in early September 2014?

2 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Car Rental

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Just testing the site, as I am having difficulty in posting!

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Car Rental

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Can anyone recommend a car rental company in Tours? Or one to avoid? What is the best location for pick-up and drop-off if staying in the centre of town?

Thank you.

16 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    • Shuttle bus at Tours Airport

by darcysbeau Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Will be arriving at the airport on Wed Nov 6th, has anyone any recent experience of taking the shuttle to Tours centre from the airport? How much does it cost, what is the timetable etc? Thanks in advance
      Elizabeth

11 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    • Cost of taxi to Le Petit Prssigny

by c.rice Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Can anyone tell us the approximate cost of a taxi (6/7 people) from Tours rail station to the village of Le Petit Pressigny (about 45 minute drive)?
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • Transport from Tour Airport to Boce

by DaveWilloughby Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I am travelling from tour Airport to Boce and wanted to know the best and cheapest way of doing this; can you please help?

15 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    • Taxi from Paris port to Tours

by jager1212 Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM

We are 5 adults (with luggage) who will be disembarking at Port de Grenelle and traveling to Tours in Sept. We thought it would be easier to take a taxi from the boat, rather than a taxi to the train. Is there a taxi or car service that could accommodate us?

6 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    • Barbara85's Profile Photo

Things to do in Tours

by Barbara85 Online Now Oct 22, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Hi I am coming over on a business trip and wanted to see what can I see after 5 around Tours, or is it dangerous for a single woman to go late in the evening?

8 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • How to go to Villandry Chateau from Tours?

by chihang28 Online Now Aug 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I would like to have a day trip to Villandry Chateau, and would like to know how to get to the Chataeu from Tours if not driving. Thanks

2 Answers Aug 29, 2012 at 5:53 AM
    • DeborahB12's Profile Photo

Taxi from Tours train station to Amboise

by DeborahB12 Online Now Jul 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM

For reasons too complicated to explain here, I need to take a shuttle or a taxi from the train station in Tours to Amboise on a Saturday evening at about 8:45. Does anyone have any information on available shuttles? Are there taxis available at the train station? Thank you!

2 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    • Châteaux in the Loire Valley

by denizeft Online Now Mar 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I have only 4 days to visit the Loire Valley. So, I would like to know which cities should I stay and how many castles could I go? Which of them? Please, I need a help! Denize.

5 Answers Mar 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    • 3 days in Tours, 1 in Lyon

by travisFL Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Hello!

I will be visiting Tours with my wife and 4-year old son next week and would greatly appreciate input on favorite family-oriented activities. If you had two days to spend, how would you fill the time? Obviously with a 4-year old we will unfortunately not be doing any bike rides but we are open to hiking and touring by car. My wife wants to see gardens and castles... I'd like to see interesting architectures and areas of historical importance.

Staying at the Clarion Chateau Belmont.

Would it make sense for us to hire a car during the day for tours? Take a bus? Arrange tours at the hotel? I'm basically starting from scratch.

Also a specific question on the train... we will take a train from Paris to Tours on the first day... what is the best way to get to hotels from the train station in Tours? Are there plenty of taxis or should we arrange something ahead of time?

I will continue to read through this forum for ideas, but wanted to get this posted given the trip is next week.

Thanks for your input!!
      Travis

4 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    • Looking for the best option for a day in Tours and around

by sgrover100 Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 2:10 AM

I will be visiting Tours in September 2011 with my wife and two teenaged children. We arrive at the Tours Train Station at around 9.30 a.m. and will be returning the same evening. Does the Tours City Council or the Tourism department operate any half or full day bus excursions to the nearby Chateaus? I have been checking the private tour operators and they seem to be a bit steep to me simply for travel from Tours to one or two chateaus!

Also, which would be the best option to have lunch in Tours?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Sanjay GROVER

1 Answer Aug 21, 2011 at 5:19 AM
    • Looking for the best option for a day in Tours and around

by sgrover100 Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I will be visiting Tours in September 2011 with my wife and two teenaged children. We arrive at the Tours Train Station at around 9.30 a.m. and will be returning the same evening. Does the Tours City Council or the Tourism department operate any half or full day bus excursions to the nearby Chateaus? I have been checking the private tour operators and they seem to be a bit steep to me simply for travel from Tours to one or two chateaus!

Also, which would be the best option to have lunch in Tours?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Sanjay GROVER

2 Answers Aug 21, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    • kayrk's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Tours, France

by kayrk Online Now Aug 18, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Stopping at Tours for one night. Need twin accommodation near station (we do not have a car) costing no more than 108 euros. Any suggestions please?

4 Answers Aug 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    • Driver wanted

by PennyMills Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 3:37 AM

I plan a holiday in the Tours area and would like an English speaking driver for day trips, vineyard/restaurant visits etc. Does anyone know of such a service that is not too expensive?

1 Answer Aug 6, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    • Transport from St Pierre des Corps into Tours

by Sara317 Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I arrive at St Pierre des Corps at 10:31 PM, but according to my schedule, a shuttle does not head to Tours center until 10:54. It seems kind of silly to have to wait almost 25 minutes for a 5-minute shuttle. Is there a faster way to get into Tours? A bus? I'm sure a taxi probably wouldn't be worth it...

7 Answers May 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Private car & driver?

by SandiM Online Now Jan 8, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I've looked at the Ligeris (Tours) website and saw what they have to offer for tours of the chateaux, however I'm pretty picky about what I want to see and when. We (mother and I) are staying right at Chambord at the St Michel hotel for 1 night, and browsing the chateau & grounds in the early morning. Then, we'll take the train and head to Tours for the afternoon and stay 1 night. I really want to find a tour group that will take good ol' ma and me to Azay le Rideau and Chenenonceau in the early morning for some photos of the (uncrowded) grounds and exterior of these 2 chateaux (not really necessary to view the interior), however I see that the Ligeris website doesn't offer this kind of tour. We don't drive (can't) and we don't really want to be hustled around in a van at 930am (we're ready to go at 7am). Are there any private (reliable) companies out there who can fulfill our demands? I don't think trains or buses go that way that early in the morning, do they? Thanks!

4 Answers Aug 6, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    • Chateaux de Jallenges

by ozzymick Online Now Dec 16, 2010 at 4:37 AM

My wife and I will be going to Europe for 3 weeks or so next September and driving from Switzerland to Paris via Tours.

We were hoping to spend two nights in Tours and stay at a castle or chateaux. I found the Chateaux de Jallanges on my internet search but would be interested in any comments from those who may know that chateaux or can recommend an alternative in the area.

4 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    • slurpeee76's Profile Photo

chateaux bed and breakfast

by slurpeee76 Online Now Nov 15, 2010 at 6:27 PM

hello
      i stayed in a chateaux in the loire valley about 8 years back and i don't remember the name of it. it was a small chateaux (we were the only ones who stayed there). there is a long straight tree-lined driveway. the room was immaculate - very deep red tapestry and decorated like a royal chamber. the town was *very* quiet - only one restaurant in town and we were the only ones there that night too.
      does anyone know the chateaux i am speaking of? the most distinct memory i have is the long tree-lined driveway.
      thanks so much!

2 Answers Nov 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    • neycamargo's Profile Photo

Sleeping in a Chateau de la Bourdaisière

by neycamargo Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Hi,

We would like spending one night in the Hotel Château de la Bourdaisière.
      What you think about this? Is Interesting to do this?
      We have read in the hotel´s site, that some rooms have no toilet inside, is that true?
      Do someone knows about this?
      Tks.
      Ney

6 Answers Aug 6, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    • taxi tours to amboise

by jun3000 Online Now May 3, 2010 at 7:43 AM

How much is a taxi for 2 people plus luggage from the Tours station to Amboise?

• Music shop in Tours?

by awonga Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I am coming to Tours on holiday and and wondered if there were any music shops in Tours where you could buy sheet music for the cello and maybe look at some stringed instruments too?

2 Answers Dec 6, 2011 at 12:08 AM
    • Accommodation near Tours

by gordonledingham Online Now Jan 21, 2010 at 7:27 AM

I am travelling down through France with family in July and want to find cool affordable overnight accommodation near Tours - any suggestions

• availability of wheelchair for handicap person

by rchitekt Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM

We are planning to visit chateau of Amboise, Chenonceaux, Chombard and Blois.
      My wife had a recent surgery. She is doing OK. But in case she gets tired while walking big areas of different chateau grounds will there be a wheelchair available for rent at these places.

I would also like to know whether we can drink water from the tap or only bottled water should be used??

3 Answers Sep 6, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    • baggage storage in Tours

by joehimmatwala Online Now Aug 17, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Hello,

I will be arriving at the Tours station in the morning from Paris to join a 1-day (9.30 AM to 6.30 PM) excursion. I plan to go the following evening to Bordeaux. Are there any baggage storage facilities at Tours (at either of the two stations or at some hotel near the stations) that I could use? Any pointers will be appreciated.

thanks!

2 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 4:50 AM
    • train stations

by rchitekt Online Now Jun 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I will be arriving at St.Pierre Des Corp.(Tours) from paris on TGV at 10:35 am. I have a train connection to Tours at 10:40 AM
      Is that possible to make. Most probably not. In that case do trains run often between these two stations?

Is SNCF station located in the town? How far apart are these stations.

Next day I want to take train to Amboise and Chennonceau. Will that be from the SNCF station or from St. Pierre Des Corp.

9 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    • Tours to Paris late at night

by danijels Online Now Apr 10, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Hi all

We are a group of friends travelling to Tours for a concert. We need to find a way to return to Paris where we will be staying after the concert which will probably last until past 11pm. I've checked the train schedule on http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ and it appears that the latest train goes around 10.30 which is too early.

Does anyone have any tips on alternate travel methods that might take us back to Paris around 11.30pm or even after midnight? Buss maybe, or something else. We don't really care as long as we dont have to spend the night there.

Thanks a lot.

2 Answers Apr 11, 2009 at 12:11 AM