Toulouse Travel Answers

change location

Train travel + price Toulouse - Carcassone

by artdoctor Online Now Jul 28, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Hello: I want to go from Toulouse to Lezignan Corbieres, and in looking at the SNCF site saw an option to stop at Carcassonne. Clicking the link takes me to TEOZ site. Seems to say I have to get a separate ticket for this (Toulouse / Carcassonne / Lezignan) and that I must purchase that ticket before getting on the train in Toulouse.
Is this correct?
also -
Is it correct that if I don't want the Carcassonne option, but just to go from Toulouse to Lezignan, that I do not have to buy the ticket before: I simply get on the train I want and pay on the train?
Thank you: I love this site, have just found it and joined up. Great resource!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: Train travel + price Toulouse - Carcassone

by puerto_lover Online Now Jul 28, 2011 at 10:14 AM

You can buy the ticket from Toulouse to Lezignan either for the direct service on the regional train service TER or go first to Carcasonne on a TGV or TEOZ then change onto the TER. The TER train does not require any 'reservation' for seats but the TGV and TEOZ do. Obviously easier to go TER if the times are right.

The Map of the TER region including Carcasonne in the Languedoc-Rousillon area:

ter-sncf.com/Regions/langued...

Toulouse is in the Midi Pyrenees region.

I use http://www.voyages-sncf.com for looking at timings. For this journey you won't need to book in advance just go to Toulouse station and buy whatever you need in advance of getting on the train. The normal TER fare is €20 but you pay a bit more if you travel first on TGV or TEOZ because these are different standard trains.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines