Toulouse Travel Answers

change location

Early Morning Taxi Service

by RLWolff Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM

I will need to be at TLS airport at 05hr00 for 07h00 flight on Thursday morning and wanted to know if I will be able to arrange for taxis from Mecure Hotel on Lascrosses Blvd for 4 people and much luggage - probably 2 cabs. Will this be possible? About how much will it cost and how much time should I allow?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Early Morning Taxi Service

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Hi. We had to do this last year. Your hotel can arrange the taxi and you should do it a day ahead of time because of the early hour. Our hotel was closer to the airport than yours and we paid 17 euros so you will have to pay at least that much.

Here is a web site to calculate taxi fares. You can try it and see if they give you an estimate. http://www.worldtaximeter.com/

That won't give you information on extra luggage, etc. but will give you an idea. We just had two carryon bags and two small backpacks.

BTW, our hotel advertised a shuttle to the airport but it didn't run on weekends and the fellow didn't arrive in time for our flight on a Monday morning. Hence, we took a taxi because fortunately a taxi driver was eating breakfast at our hotel when we panicked. You might check about a shuttle service at your hotel, but that early, it probably won't happen. Arranging a taxi ahead of time is safest if you need to make your flight.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines