Tossa Travel Answers

change location

Barselona Airport transfer

by vala1 Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 7:07 AM

I will need to go from Barselona Airport to Tossa in mid-May. I plan to take a shuttle to Lloret De Mar (which is GBP 21.25) and then a taxi to Tossa. Will that be OK? Is it possible to take the same route on return? Are there better ways? Many thanks.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

Re: Barselona Airport transfer

by Belsaita Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 8:34 AM

21.25 GBP(+ taxi) looks a bit expensive. From Lloret bus station there are frequent buses to Tossa too.

You or can take the train an El Prat aeroport to Barcelona estacio de Sants(c10), then change train to Arc de Triomf (c1, c3 or c4). Get out and walk to Estacio del Nord bus station (is just there) and take a bus to Tossa (thee are about 10 buses per day)
    Train (you can use the same ticket)= 1,25 euro
    Bus Barcelona - Tossa: i'm not sure about the price as the website is not working right now, but I doubt it would be more than 15 euros
    www.sarfa.com

have a look here for more info: http://www.infotossa.com/an/situa.htm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Barselona Airport transfer

by vala1 Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 9:14 AM

Many thanks, Belsaita. I see that my option is quite reasonable.

I was looking for the least 'fragmented' trip, as I have a heavy suitcase. GBP 21.25 is return, not so bad... It looks that the taxi fare from Lloret to Tossa is around EUR 15.

by Belsaita Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Ok, I though your quote was for a single trip. I don't understand your question about return route then :)
    Yours look easier, and especially with heavy suitcases I would not reccomend anyone going up and down the train stations.

• chrisisclub's Profile Photo

by chrisisclub Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 12:38 PM

You should still be able to get a bus from Lloret (yuk!) to Tossa - the taxi is likely to be steep due to the large number of tourist making the trip.

By the way, there is a very good beach on the edge of Lloret (not the Tossa side). I can't remember the name, but it is down a road from the last roundabout on the edge of Lloret. The road island has some kind of big Disney style tree or something just next to it - advertising a small kids play centre or soemthing - as I recall.

Anyway, the beach is located a short walk from the end of the road - superb - with just a couple of beach bar/restaurants...

• Re: Barselona Airport transfer

by butchill Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 6:02 AM

the taxi fares are the same for all the tourist bit does not apply

by Belsaita Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 6:18 AM

yes taxi fares are as the taximeter shows and they are highly regulated, so it's the same if there are 1 o 100 tourist waiting on the line. Besides, if there are more people waiting you can propose them to share the ride.

If any taxi driver proposes you any "bargain", be suspicious (there was a scam here in Barcelona with 'false' taxis)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines