change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• crewrower's Profile Photo

Advice for 4 days in Tokyo with a 4 year old

Tokyo Feb 2, 2016 at 3:47 AM

Hi - arriving in Tokyo Sunday Feb 7th at 330pm (Narita), departing late Thursday afternoon on Feb 11th. With 4 days, what to do? We live in a big city as it is, so was thinking of mostly skipping Tokyo and going straight to Hakone and spending the first 3 of the 4 total nights there (last night in Tokyo). Happy to hear other suggestions (though ideally you'll be familiar with Hakone and can take that knowledge into consideration if suggesting other itineraries -- but appreciate all thoughts).

My son even though only 4 is a veteran and easy traveler.

more
    • lunaachan's Profile Photo

7 days in Tokyo; train tips, get a suica card or JR pass?

Tokyo Jan 13, 2016 at 3:54 PM

My family and I are going to Tokyo for the first time in a few weeks and we're wondering which one to get so we won't have to fuss around the ticket machines everytime. Furthermore, we're worrying about getting lost because everyone who's gone there seems to get confused a lot because there are a lot of trains. So if you have any tips or advice that would be very helpful >.

These are the places we want to go to (which pass would suit best for our trip? And would they cover everywhere we want to go to?)

Shinjuku
      Shibuya
      Harajuku
      Omotesando
      Ikebukuro
      Odaiba
      Asakusa
      Akasaka
      Tokyo station area
      Yokohama
      Disney Sea

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Help with Tokyo, leaving soon

Tokyo Jan 10, 2016 at 8:34 AM

We are stopping in Tokyo later this month on a layover on our way to Singapore. I've got a hotel booked, as suggested in responses in my earlier post, in Asakusa although all of the hotels you suggested were fully booked so I found a different hotel in the same area. We are flying into Narita at 8:30pm Saturday after a long international flight so I think we will head to the hotel and go to sleep. We will have all day Sunday and then fly out 6:05pm on Monday so 1 1/2 days in total for some sightseeing.

1) airport to hotel, I think I'm between several metro station and someone suggested the skyliner and then transfer to the metro for one stop

2) sightseeing, my short list has the Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple and the Edo Tokyo Museum. There's a fish market that looked interesting but it's early morning, maybe Monday. Anything else that I should really make a point of seeing? Not interested in shopping, I like architecture, I like gardens but will they still be nice to visit in January?

3) dining, any place around the Asakusa area for dinner? Nothing high end and nothing that my Western tastebuds would be horrified by. :-)

Thanks for any help, I've not had time to do much planning and now I'm panicking a bit!!!

more