change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Turtle Nesting

by grandmaR Online Now Dec 31, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I have been told that the guides use infra-red light for the tourists to see the turtle nesting. I would like to observe and photograph this, but the websites say that no cameras are permitted. Is there any way I could get permission to use a non-flash digital camera?

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Turtle Nesting

by grandmaR Online Now Dec 31, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I have been told that the guides use infra-red light for the tourists to see the turtle nesting. I would like to observe and photograph this, but the websites say that no cameras are permitted. Is there any way I could get permission to use a non-flash digital camera?

5 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 5:35 AM
    • Travel from Monteverde

by pownkat Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

We will be leaving Monteverde early in the morning and would like to get to Tortuguero in the evening, so we can see the turtles that night. We will have a rental car. What is the best way to travel to Tortuguero, and the best place to stay in order to see the turtles?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    • camping at ranger stations

by Richardlockey Online Now Jun 11, 2009 at 5:03 AM

Please could anyone tell me if the ranger stations within the Tortuguero national
      park allow camping in hammocks. I am planning to travel to the park in July and
      did not wish to carry a tent when a hammock is much smaller and more
      comfortable.

Thank you

• Best way to get to and away from Tortuguero

by terrirob Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 7:51 AM

We are planning on visiting Tortuguero in August and was wondering if the best way to get there is the jeep/boat through Limon? I read that you can also get there via jeep/boat via Cariari, though, that doesn't seem to be the standard route. We will be traveling with our school-age kids.

We also were thinking of traveling to Arenal and Monteverde and was wondering if there was a reasonable route to get to either one directly from Tortuguero without having to go back to San Jose?

Thanks. Terri

1 Answer Nov 18, 2008 at 1:36 AM
    • jungle tom safaris

by sianm Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 7:11 AM

jungletomsafaris.com/package...
      - does anyone have experience of this?

• Tortuguero Accomodations and Tours

by yadidim Online Now Sep 27, 2006 at 5:08 AM

Hi!

Did anyone take the Tortuguero tour with BARBARA HARTUNG or stayed at the Miss miriam 2 or Miss Junie's hotel? I thinking of taking this tour but there's very little info on it or the hotels.

Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 27, 2006 at 11:37 AM
    • Quiquog's Profile Photo

Do I need a 4X4 car?

by Quiquog Online Now Sep 23, 2006 at 6:12 AM

We are 6 people touring Costa Rica from Tortugero to Arenal, then Manuel Antonio and finally Poas.
      We start on November 9th. The tour agency offered us a non 4X4, 12 seats car.
      Is this enough or do we need a 4X4 car?

Thanks for all answers

Quiquog

5 Answers Sep 28, 2006 at 12:06 AM
    • Where are the hotels?

by Viktorm Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 12:33 PM

I am going to this area in December, and I am rather confused about the lodging
      in Tortugero. I keep finding lodges which include bus transport, boat transport, and lodging as one price. Is there no way to fly in from San Jose,
      stay in a hotel, hire a guide for the area, without paying the high price of the all-inclusive packages?
      Anyone been there to help me plan this out?
      Thanks.
      Viktor

1 Answer Aug 6, 2006 at 3:22 PM