Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• prescription eyeglasses

San José Nov 9, 2015 at 10:42 AM

I am from Canada, planning to be in San Jose in January for dental work. I need new glasses with progressive lenses. Does anyone know the cost and the quality and a good place to go for this?

• taxi from san jose to monteverde

Costa Rica Nov 17, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Hi! Is it possible to take a san jose city taxi to monteverde and what would they charge?

• Things to do in San Jose

San José Nov 4, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Any suggestions as to any highlights a person should not miss while visiting San Jose

• Panama/Costa Rica Cruise

Costa Rica Nov 7, 2015 at 7:38 PM

We will be arriving in Puerto Caldero after completing our Panama Cruise and would like to spend a few more days exploring other areas of Costa Rica before heading to the airport in San Jose. What would be the highlights we should not miss. We have never travelled to this area before so suggestions would be helpful.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Turtle Nesting

by grandmaR Online Now Dec 31, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I have been told that the guides use infra-red light for the tourists to see the turtle nesting. I would like to observe and photograph this, but the websites say that no cameras are permitted. Is there any way I could get permission to use a non-flash digital camera?

5 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 5:35 AM
    • Travel from Monteverde

by pownkat Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

We will be leaving Monteverde early in the morning and would like to get to Tortuguero in the evening, so we can see the turtles that night. We will have a rental car. What is the best way to travel to Tortuguero, and the best place to stay in order to see the turtles?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    • camping at ranger stations

by Richardlockey Online Now Jun 11, 2009 at 5:03 AM

Please could anyone tell me if the ranger stations within the Tortuguero national
      park allow camping in hammocks. I am planning to travel to the park in July and
      did not wish to carry a tent when a hammock is much smaller and more

Thank you

• Best way to get to and away from Tortuguero

by terrirob Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 7:51 AM

We are planning on visiting Tortuguero in August and was wondering if the best way to get there is the jeep/boat through Limon? I read that you can also get there via jeep/boat via Cariari, though, that doesn't seem to be the standard route. We will be traveling with our school-age kids.

We also were thinking of traveling to Arenal and Monteverde and was wondering if there was a reasonable route to get to either one directly from Tortuguero without having to go back to San Jose?

Thanks. Terri

1 Answer Nov 18, 2008 at 1:36 AM
    • jungle tom safaris

by sianm Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 7:11 AM
      - does anyone have experience of this?

• Tortuguero Accomodations and Tours

by yadidim Online Now Sep 27, 2006 at 5:08 AM

Did anyone take the Tortuguero tour with BARBARA HARTUNG or stayed at the Miss miriam 2 or Miss Junie's hotel? I thinking of taking this tour but there's very little info on it or the hotels.

1 Answer Sep 27, 2006 at 11:37 AM
    • Quiquog's Profile Photo

Do I need a 4X4 car?

by Quiquog Online Now Sep 23, 2006 at 6:12 AM

We are 6 people touring Costa Rica from Tortugero to Arenal, then Manuel Antonio and finally Poas.
      We start on November 9th. The tour agency offered us a non 4X4, 12 seats car.
      Is this enough or do we need a 4X4 car?

Thanks for all answers

5 Answers Sep 28, 2006 at 12:06 AM
    • Where are the hotels?

by Viktorm Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 12:33 PM

I am going to this area in December, and I am rather confused about the lodging
      in Tortugero. I keep finding lodges which include bus transport, boat transport, and lodging as one price. Is there no way to fly in from San Jose,
      stay in a hotel, hire a guide for the area, without paying the high price of the all-inclusive packages?
      Anyone been there to help me plan this out?

1 Answer Aug 6, 2006 at 3:22 PM