Tortola

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Medical elective accommodation.

by medic91 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Hello, a colleague and I are planning to do a four week placement at Peebles hospital during this coming summer. We're looking for accommodation for roughly 6-8 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knows of people who will take lodgers as staying in hotels for this amount of time would be beyond our price range.

Thanks in advance for the help!

more
    • Medical elective accommodation.

by medic91 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Hello, a colleague and I are planning to do a four week placement at Peebles hospital during this coming summer. We're looking for accommodation for roughly 6-8 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knows of people who will take lodgers as staying in hotels for this amount of time would be beyond our price range.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    • family vacation

by ajjls35 Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I would like to take my family to Tortola (daughter and son in law and teenage grandchildren 16, 17, 19). I would like to stay on the island of Tortola and travel to Virgin Gorda for the day and possibly a day visiting Norman caves and St John. I would like to stay on or very near to a calm, swimming beach where there are water sports activities for my grandchildren. Would you suggest a resort or would a villa be a better idea? On the beach would be preferable. Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:08 AM
    • Is there a place to store luggage for about 3 hours at the ferry terminal?

by beachnut2014 Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 6:24 PM

looking for a place to store luggage around ferry terminal in Tortola? Wanting to wander around in between ferry times. Thanks in advance!

• 2giants's Profile Photo

Island info

by 2giants Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM

If we travel to Tortola in October, where on the island would be the best place to find a beach front small bed & breakfast, guest house or cottage? Interested in good beaches, and safe spots - any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • Taxi or bus price

by ramezrassy Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hi,
      We are a group of 4 ,and we want to go to cane bay and have a fast scenery and very little shopping,we wiil be arriving on carnival breeze.we want to do it by taxi or open bus.What would you suggest and what is the cost.

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    • roscrea1972's Profile Photo

Jet Ski rental

by roscrea1972 Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hello,
      I am travelling to Tortola at the end of July, and I was wondering if I can rent Jet Ski's while there. I have researched on the internet and come across some old posts stating "They are illegal" then I saw another post saying you can rent them at Cane Garden bay but no renal name etc was included in the post. I was wondering if anyone on here might shed some light!
      Cheers,

Mark

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    • TORTOLA PUB CRAWL

by colin101 Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Hi, trying to find detils of the Pub tour, we are coming to Island for day as part of cruise in December 2011

2 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    • Travel from Tortola to Costa Rica

by SallySimmel Online Now Dec 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I want to leave Tortola for San Jose, Costa Rica (by any means) on February 12 or 13, 2011. Trying not to come back through U.S. Any one have any suggestions or referrals?

• Charter to the Baths

by jtirpak Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 12:25 PM

We will be arriving in Tortola at 7:30 am on a NCL cruise. We have 14+ people in our group and are looking for a charter to the baths that leaves about 8 am or so. Speedy & Smiths ferry services do not depart until 9 am. We need to be back to the ship by 2:30 & would like as much time there as possible & not have to stay with a tour group.

2 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    • Rhymers Cane Garden Beach Motel

by sdb33 Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 7:26 PM

My wife and I will be staying at Rhymer's in July- I would love to hear comments good or bad and what important items we would want to pack that we may not consider..

2 Answers Mar 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    • Baths

by minnicold Online Now Feb 6, 2009 at 6:20 AM

I am arriving on NCL Dawn cruise on Tortula. The snorkel trip to the baths is sold out. Are there local tour providers at the dock that will take you to the baths for snorkeling?

• Baths

by minnicold Online Now Feb 6, 2009 at 6:20 AM

I am arriving on NCL Dawn cruise on Tortula. The snorkel trip to the baths is sold out. Are there local tour providers at the dock that will take you to the baths for snorkeling?

• BVIs for New Years Eve

by gwiztx Online Now May 10, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Last July 2006 I chartered a Logoon 440 for 13 days and had a wonderful time. We are returning in Dec 2007 and have a few questions; 1) Is foxy's where we want to be for New Years Eve? How soon do we need to get there for good anchorage? 2) How crowded is it, realley? Compared to July 3) Any place to totally avoid 4)any tips on how to avoid crowds?

• juanlucas's Profile Photo

what's the life in Tortola made of?

by juanlucas Online Now Jan 25, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Hello Vmembers,
      I would like to know how much it's necessary to afford monthly for an average standard of life in your Island for 2 people. Housing, amenities, food, car. What are the average incomes by inhabitant a year?
      What are the transportation regular means to Guadeloupe, FWI or Sint Maarten?
      What are the international banks established there?
      Thanks a lot.
      Friendly.

1 Answer Jan 25, 2007 at 9:11 PM
    • help on where to stay..

by Victoruruguay Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 7:22 AM

Hi everybody,
      My wife and me are planning our first trip to BVI, we've been to several islands in the past and never yet to this location.
      We like to be as close to the beach as possible and also with calm waters, we like snorkeling and sunbathing, I read there is surfing on the island ?..so I guess we should be on the opposite side ?...which side is calm and which one is rough ?.
      Any help you can give us will certainly be appreciated, we are coming from Uruguay (South America), both in our 40's.
      If you want you can answer directly to my email at : compras@miami-box.com, or if not I'll check again here, this is my first time in this forum.
      Many thanks.
      Rgds.
      Victor

1 Answer Jul 19, 2006 at 9:47 AM
    • Emmjai's Profile Photo

What to do in 24 hours

by Emmjai Online Now Jul 12, 2006 at 11:52 PM

Hi
      We're off to BVI next week, for a yacht charter, but have 24 hours in tortola first. Any suggestions as to what we shouldn't miss?

MJ

6 Answers Oct 10, 2006 at 8:05 AM
    • Which charter company is best for bareboating?

by Saltwhistle Online Now Nov 28, 2005 at 4:44 PM

We're planning a spring sailing vacation to Tortola. We're looking at Moorings, Horizon, and Sunsail in a 40'. Moorings offers newer and older boats and has a dependable reputation. Horizon and Sunsail seem to be cheaper. Which charter company is best for bareboating in Tortola?

2 Answers Jan 2, 2007 at 1:44 PM
    • Safe in Road Town for lady alone?

by joyfortraveling Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 6:35 PM

I will be in Road Town by myself for two days. Anyone had any problems as far as safety, theft etc. Walking around with a backpack O.K.? I have had an incident in Costa Rica and wanted to know if this is a concern in Tortola? Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 2, 2007 at 7:42 AM
    • ldilauro's Profile Photo

Johnny Hill Villas or Serendipity House - Need Inf

by ldilauro Online Now Dec 23, 2002 at 8:28 PM

Hi, I am trying to decide between Johnny Hill Villas (on a hill overlooking Cane Garden Bay) or the Serendipity House (overlooking Josiah's Bay). If anyone has any comments (good or bad) on either property, I would love to hear from you. Thanks, Lori

3 Answers Jul 16, 2006 at 8:59 AM