change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tour 7 people Faroe Islands

by ElenaPalma Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Good afternoon,

First, I want to apologize for my bad English. We are a Spanish group of 7 people, July 30 we will be us in the Faroe Islands for a few hours. We want to take a tour and we look transportation.

We arrived at Torshavn on July 30 at 8 am, we assume that about 8.30 we could start the tour, we would go to Nordradalur, Kollafjørður, Saksun and especially go to Vágar to pass Sandavágur, get to lake Sørvagsvatn, Bøsdalafossur and Gasadalur. Then we need some time to visit and Tinganes Tórshavn, the tour should end in the capital at 3:30 pm. making a total of 7 hours.

Do you can offer this service or to report a contact?

Yours sincerely

Elena

8 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • looking for wool shop called IGLOO

by Ditsy Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I was there earlier this year and need two more balls of her lovely wool but have not her address the shop is called Igloo - have you her email please

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • Torshavn, Faroe Islands

by yankonina Online Now May 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Hi, We're arriving in the port of Torshavn and we are staying there one day. Can we book a land trip in the port or it's better to buy a guided tour on the ship?

• One Day in Torshavn, Sept. 1, 2011

by clinda Online Now May 3, 2011 at 4:53 AM

Hi,
      My friends and I will be arriving into the port of Torshavn for a one day visit. Our ship arrives 7AM and departs 5PM. I know there is alot of beautiful scenery to see and I was hoping someone could give us some guidance.

I have read about the Bird Cliffs and I know they sponsor a tour from the ship here. Does anyone know if this is a difficult trip for someone using a cane? I just had hip surgery and would love to see the cliffs they mention, but I am afraid if it is too rough I will injure my hip.

Can you hire a taxi or van to take you on a land tour to see the cliffs and other scenery?

What other suggestions would you give for this amount of time in Torshavn? I understand all of the islands offer beauty, but any special places you can tell me about?

Also, unfortunately to some, I love to shop! I look for items that are unique to the place I am visiting, along with T-shirts, post cards and such for the little ones at home. Any suggestions?

I am hoping to be able to do some walking and wonder if it is easy enough to get around the town from the pier.

I would appreciate any info that you can give me. I can't wait to arrive.

Thank-you, Linda

1 Answer May 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    • Taxi available?

by dwelsh Online Now Nov 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Looking to hire a taxi for a tour in Torvshavn Site would be appreciated

3 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    • Antfra's Profile Photo

Iceland - Faroe Islands!

by Antfra Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Hi!
      I would like to visit the Faroes,and i need to know the cheapest way, via london, iceland or Oslo?
      Thanks!Obrigado!

3 Answers Aug 7, 2010 at 12:53 AM
    • touring

by warrenbk Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 5:48 AM

Are there tour guides available to offer a 2 or 3 hour tour of this area on Aug 18th? If so, would they meet us at the ship? What is the cost? Thank you for any information you can offer. W.B. Kardon

• national football shirt

by herbieacheson Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM

can anyone help me source a faroese national football shirt ?. i spent 3 months in torshavn late last year and early into this year, i manage to purchase a beautiful blue football shirt for my son who has worn it out with use and i wish to buy him another. can anyone give me the address (phone number) of the sports shop just up the street from the information centre and opposite the little outdoor stage ? the shop i bought from was there. i would appreciate any help as i cannot seem to buy a shirt online ....odd !! but there you go, many regards and your islands are totally stunning , herbie

1 Answer Jul 21, 2008 at 11:46 PM
    • Ideas for a Day in Torshavn

by jeana-r Online Now May 12, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

Will be visiting Torshavn as part of a cruise (I work on the ship) and unfortunately will only be in town one day. I would like to see some of the town/countryside as well as a ferry ride and was wondering if anyone has some information on local tours in the area.

Thanks
      Jeana

2 Answers Jul 14, 2008 at 11:58 PM
    • faroe island international football shirt

by weenan Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 9:55 AM

Wondering if there is any sports shop i can purchase by mail order,the faroe
      international shirt X Large.

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 11:57 PM
    • faroe island international football shirt

by weenan Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 9:51 AM

Wondering if there is any sports shop i can purchase by mail order,the faroe
      international shirt X Large.