Tórshavn Travel Answers

change location
Antfra's Profile Photo

Iceland - Faroe Islands!

by Antfra Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Hi!
I would like to visit the Faroes,and i need to know the cheapest way, via london, iceland or Oslo?
Thanks!Obrigado!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Iceland - Faroe Islands!

by leics Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM

You can fly from London Stansted to Sorvagur with Atlantic Airways, but it's not cheap.....at the moment July fares are 1100+ Danish Krone (around 1500+ euro). www.atlantic.fo

Check their site for flights from other airports: Atalantic are the only carrier to the Faroes, as far as I can see from the official tourist info site:

visit-faroeislands.com/Defau...

Smyril Line ferry info here:

smyril-line.com/Sailing_Sche...

Again, this seems to be the only ferry serving the islands.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Iceland - Faroe Islands!

by Aosten Online Now Aug 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM

You seem to have got your currency rates abit wrong there mate (maybe it was a typo), 1100 DKK is around 150 Euro.

Just incase anyone is still curious, you can either fly from London or Denmark, there's also a ferry from Denmark (i assume that would be cheaper? Depending where you're coming from of course).
    If you lived in a neighboring country and was lucky enough to know a fisherman from or going that way, then you could hitch a lift on boat, that would be cheapest way to get there (well you did ask). I think that's proof that cheapest isn't always best.

• leics's Profile Photo

Re: Iceland - Faroe Islands!

by leics Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Yes, it was a typo. Thank you for pointing it out.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines