Tórshavn Travel Answers

change location

Ideas for a Day in Torshavn

by jeana-r Online Now May 12, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

Will be visiting Torshavn as part of a cruise (I work on the ship) and unfortunately will only be in town one day. I would like to see some of the town/countryside as well as a ferry ride and was wondering if anyone has some information on local tours in the area.

Thanks
Jeana

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gordonilla's Profile Photo

Re: Ideas for a Day in Torshavn

by gordonilla Online Now Jun 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Hi, porbably missed your visit. I made a trip to torshavn earlier this year. The town is small enough to walk almost everywhere, and i suppose it depends on what day you are in town. Try taking a trip to the Nordic House and then perhhaps just go to the Hotel Foroyar. It has an excellent view over the twon and harbour across to Nolsoy.

Not sure about tours or trips around though.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Ideas for a Day in Torshavn

by angiebabe Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 11:58 PM

Hi you might have been already but theres an excellent Tourist office just up the main street heading up from off the arriving boats - they have all the info needed - but as previous reply the Nordic house is good but so is the old area just over from the main centre - the T.O would send you there anyway. a trip over the water to ?Norvoy island was good too to visit a puffin stuffer and so on!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines