Torres del Paine Travel Answers

change location

New to Torres Del Paine - need idea

by sap_lees Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I'll arrive from 12 - 18 April in P Arenas. I prefer to see Glacier (if possible without Trekking) but back to P Natales every day and only sight seeing (incl. to be close to the Glacier/iceberg of e.g. Grey, P Moreno, Balmaceda or Serrano). Is this a right way to spend 5 days in South patagonia? or should I take a trek? Thanks in advance. regards, William (Note: any special offer for tour package during April/Easter shoulder season)?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ba31182's Profile Photo

Re: New to Torres Del Paine - need idea

by ba31182 Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Hello!

There is a nice trip by boat from P natales to the Balmaceda Glacier. One day starts in the morning at 8:00 am from P Natales and comes back at ca. 6 pm to PNat. It is expensive but if you like glaciers you will love it (66.000 CLP). Serrano is close to Balmaceda. Perito Moreno is close to El calafate (not to Puerto Natales). El calafate is in Argentina and the bus trip from Pnat to Cala takes ca 7 hours. in torres del paine you could take a boat trip to the Grey glacier, but in this case you have to stay at Hosteria Lago Grey. I think that these are the glaciers which can be accessed easily and without trekking.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • UlughBeg's Profile Photo

Re: New to Torres Del Paine - need idea

by UlughBeg Online Now May 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

From P Natales you can easily visit the Grey Glacier in one day. Maybe the best option is to hire a car and ride until the Hosteria Lago Grey. Then walk a little by the lake, and come back to P Natales in the evening.

Maybe this is useful to you: 210countries.com/destination...

Sincerely, I would change my plan and take a hike, or stay in some of the hotels within the Torres del Paine National Park, instead of staying in P Natales.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines