Torres del Paine Travel Answers

change location

Boat Transport on Lago Grey

by MJPlante Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I will be staying at Refugio Grey at the north end of Lago Grey, and I wish to travel to Hosteria Lago Grey at the south end of the lake. Is there a boat that I can take between these locations? Do you know the schedule and cost? The maps imply that the boat from Hosteria Lago Grey sail near the glacier face, but don't stop at the refugio.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Josilver's Profile Photo

Re: Boat Transport on Lago Grey

by Josilver Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Hmmmm I traveled on a boat across lago grey but it was 5 or so years ago now and I am struggling to remember. I was on a tour. I think we were driven to near glacier grey where we did a short hike in, pitched out tents and camped near the glacier (which was I assume Refugio grey) the next morning we hiked 3-4 hours to the south end of the lake to catch a ferry - so from my very scetchy memory there was no ferry that went across the front of the glacier - though things might have changed in 5 years. Thanks for the trip down memory lane - the evening spent watching the sun go down over the glacier is one of my favourite memories of the trip, sorry I couldnt be more help.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines