Torres del Paine Travel Answers

change location

Torres del Paine - for beginners

by tishya Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I have 3 nights to spend in Torres del Paines and am looking for some sort of tour that offers me a little treking and perhaps a little horseback riding. I am not an avid hiker so I am not looking for anything too intense but a chance to see some of the key sights in an interesting way (hiking, rafting, horseback riding, 4by4 all acceptable). Any suggestions? Looking to travel mid-March and would be coming from El Calafete

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Torres del Paine - for beginners

by Huentetu Online Now Dec 31, 2010 at 6:14 AM

You have plenty of time, so go checking out websites and costs. January and February are high season but things quieten down in March.
    torresdelpaine.com/ingles/se...

An alternative to the bigger tour companies is to use the services of one of the guesthouses in Puerto Natales which also do tours. These usually work out a lot cheaper.
    http://www.casaceciliahostal.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Torres del Paine - for beginners

by IgnaciaRuiz Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 6:36 AM

I worked in Torres del paine so i can give some tips and good travel agency in Puerto natales and santiago.
    Hiking; you must go to base of the Tower, its a long way(8 hours round trip)but it´s the most beatiful place in the park.Also you can do the hiking to French Valley, its a short way to arrive to Italian Camp and French glacier. A short hiking it´s the horn viewpoint hiking, its a short way (about 1:30 one way)and you could find the better places to watch the Horns of Paine.
    Zodiac: Down in the river zodicas Serrano to Puerto Natales, is incredible landscapes and glaciers you can see.
    Horse Ride, You can do for the areas of lagoon Amarga and Lagoon Azul, Rio Serrano (the most beautiful in my opinion)

Travel agency
    www.ecotripschile.com -- Travel, hiking, Hotels.
    www.baqueanozamora.com--- Horse Ride.
    http://www.fullpatagoniatour.com-- Zodiac

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines