Toronto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Barkersville Historic Goldrush town

Province of British Columbia Yesterday

Is it worth putting on a 13 hour return trip and 2 over night stops to see this town. Planning to drive up from Revelstoke and Kamloops then head back to Whistler. Yes the town looks interesting but in all practicality can we justify the mileage and cost - roughly how long will it take to see - possibly compare it to Colonial Williamsburg USA. May be there are interesting places on route to justify this journey. Also thought of visiting Sandon Ghost town - is this like Bodie in the USA

All help greatly appreciated

more
    • Parking passes

Banff National Park Nov 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

We were caught in a snow storm and and got stuck in the wrong lane at the gate. Is there anywhere to get a parking pass in the town of banff

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

Quebec Dec 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

more
    • Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

The best spot in Vancouver to watch northern lights?

Vancouver Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Northern lights and winter storms...Is there a specific spot where you can actually watch it happen in Vancouver or anywhere in B.C.?

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more
    • Wheelchair accesibility of the North market antique sale on sundays

by Barba52 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Is the North Market building, where the sunday antique market is held, wheelchair accessible?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    • aqazi's Profile Photo

Late Bar close to YYZ

by aqazi Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM

We arrive at 12.30am and then have a flight at 6.30am, are there any hotel bars with shuttles that open late around the airport?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    • dongix's Profile Photo

Public transport from Eglinton to North York

by dongix Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hello all :) My family and I are relocating to Toronto and will live in the Yonge and Eglinton area. I am not driving so we are relying on public transportation. We have already arranged an apartment before we arrive there and one of the big things to do is to furnish it. After comparing the prices among the affordable furniture shops, we found IKEA to be the most affordably priced. The nearest one is located in North York. May I please know if it's possible to take any form of public transport from Eglinton Avenue East to Provonst Drive in North York? I have already lookep it up on Google maps. There seems to be a good walking distance from the nearest Bus Stop to IKEA in North York but we don't mind the walk. As long as we can go to Provonst from Eglinton via public transport, it should be ok (I guess). Any help/input from you guys is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

10 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

toronto to niagara falls

by iam1wthee Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Looking for a way to go from toronto to niagara falls. One company charges $151 and makes stops to places I do not want to go. Plus it leaves before they turn on the light show. What tour companies do you know of that is cheaper? Or is it best that I take the train or bus over there? If the latter, is the train or bus stations in both Toronto and Niagara safe or ratchet?

6 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

What is the cheapest way to make phone calls in Toronto Ca

by iam1wthee Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I have an unlocked phone and I refuse to sign a contract. I will be in Canada for a week and not staying with family this time, so I need a cost effective way to use my cell phone. Please let me know what provider you use and or phone card you use. I plan on calling only Ajax and NYC phone numbers.

4 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    • Commute from YTZ

by sm2707 Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I am landing into YTZ airport and I am trying to find out most economical way to get to Niagara falls...We are two adults and a 2 years old. Please advise?

8 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    • madfortravelling's Profile Photo

Toronto map

by madfortravelling Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Hey, I am planning a trip to Toronto next month. Can somebody help me in getting a detailed map of Toronto?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    • limledi's Profile Photo

US & Canada East Coast Tour From Toronto

by limledi Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Hi. Am looking for 2 weeks budget bus tour of US & Canada East Coast departing from & going back to Toronto. Most of the tours I found are rush with lesser days. I want it not too rush. US includes Boston,Washington DC, Philadelphia & New York City. Canada includes Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Niagara Falls & Toronto. Hope someone can recommend. I've already looked into Comfort Tour & Take Tours. Tours4fun has 14 days but departs from New York. Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
    • miki64's Profile Photo

Hamilton falls

by miki64 Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Hello I'm planning my travel to Canada and I saw that around the Hamilton city there are beautiful waterfalls. I'm going to reach the city by public transport, but my question is. How to visit the waterfalls? renting a car to Hamilton? It's possible to see some falls hiking or the distance are to much. Thanks for your help

5 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    • Planning a daytrip with group of friends

by gymbummers Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I'm looking to plan a bus trip with 25+ friends (30+ Moms) within 1.5 hours of Toronto. I'm looking for some unique stops along the way including an icebreaker stop (something fun), an activity, shopping, tour and food!! Aiming towards mid September. Any suggestions? Hoping to spend $50.

8 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    • bar and club recommendations in York area of Toronto

by moonmorals Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Would be grateful for any good bar/club recommendations for the York area of Toronto. I'm Working at the rexall centre in August and will be finishing pretty late so looking for places to grab a drink on the way back to the hotel.
      Thanks

3 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    • triniyve's Profile Photo

Hotels

by triniyve Online Now May 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

What would you recommend in hotels as close as possible to an address of 42 Lakeview Avenue, Toronto?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Departing Toronto Airport

by GentleSpirit Online Now May 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

airline gives about 2.5 hours transfer time in Toronto, this would be on a flight destined for IAD. I would have to clear Canadian customs and American customs and go to a different terminal? is that enough time?

Has anyone noticed if the lines at TSA are much longer than before?

22 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    • Best way to get around Toronto?

by raven.dmensah Online Now May 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Ok, so I have searched through several of the threads for suggestions for this, and I have found some. In July, four of my friends and I are visiting Toronto. We are wondering if it is worth it to use the TTC pass? Or would it be better for us to go by Taxi? We will be staying near the airport, but we will definitely be checking out the city. We will be there for four nights, and five days.

4 Answers May 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    • deb101's Profile Photo

Itinerary ideas 10 day in Toronto region

by deb101 Online Now May 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I have relatives in Toronto but dont want to spent the full 10 days there
      Thinking of
      3-4 days Toronto
      3-4 days lakes area ? Lake Huron
      2-3 days Niagara-on-lake do day trip to the falls

any suggestions on where to go in the lakes area, i have no idea what towns to go to or what is nice or what the region is called.

All must sees in Toronto?

8 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    • History

by hcps-jiangs Online Now May 1, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Who founded Toronto, Canada?

9 Answers May 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to stay for 1 night?

by mickey.p Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Hi, I am visiting friends in Barrie for 3 nights and then I'm thinking of staying 1 night in Toronto before leaving for Niagara.

It will be December and I am wondering where's best to stay for just 1 night after a day sight seeing in Toronto?
      Central but on a budget?

Any pointers on what to visit too? We are not into Museums or Galleries etc.

4 Answers May 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    • bzulu67's Profile Photo

Travel on TTC subway from Super 8 hotel at Spadina ave/Dundas to Kipling station

by bzulu67 Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 4:42 AM

What subway line should I take to get from my hotel to Kipling station. so I can then get the 192 rocket bus to Pearson International airport?
      Many thanks

15 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    • harangozo's Profile Photo

Ingersol to Toronto Airport by car.

by harangozo Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM

How long does it take to drive to the main Toronto international airport from Ingersol.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Niagra Falls tour and Blue Jays baseball game.

by bzulu67 Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Hi all,
      Looking to do a Niagra Falls with Lady of the Mist organised day tour by bus, with pick-up from hotel, at the beginning of September. Would it be cheaper to book online now or wait until I get to Toronto. What tour company would you recommend?

Would like to see the Toronto Blue Jays baseball game on Saturday, 31st August at 1:07pm. I have looked at ticket prices online with MLB Tickets Experts (baseball-tickets-now.com. The ticket price I chose is $24 + $4.08 service fee + $40 delivery, $68.08 total. Ticket price although way back in the arena is good, but the delivery charge is extortionate. Thinking of waiting until I get there to book, or would all the tickets have been sold by then?

Many thanks,
      Keith

20 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    • DavidH117's Profile Photo

corporate housing Toronto

by DavidH117 Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:37 AM

"i am going for a trip to Canada as part of my business..i would like to have a furnished rental for the stay like Mac suites.Please share your reviews and experiences about the stay and their service.
      "

2 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM
    • andri's Profile Photo

Toronto Antique shops

by andri Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Hi,

I will visit Toronto.
      I am interesting to look some antiques during my visit to Toronto.
      Any idea about good place to look for antiques in Toronto?
      Which is better, look antiques around King Street or around Mount Pleasant Road (such as Bernardi's antique)?

Thank you

3 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    • China Town and Silk Lanterns

by brenkmeg Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I'm planning a trip to China Town and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for purchasing Silk Lanterns of various sizes and colors. I'm also interested in great suggestions for silk or satin fabric.

Thanks, Buffalo Gal

2 Answers Mar 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Recommended hotel and location.

by bzulu67 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Hi all,
      Arriving in Toronto by Megabus on Friday 30th August at 5:50pm and departing from Toronto On Canada airport on Tuesday 3rd September at 12:35 pm.
      What cheapish hotel would you recommend for my four nights stay. I will be doing a day trip by bus (pick-up hotel) to the Niagra Falls. I want to be convenient for the popular attractions such as CN tower, Toronto Island Park, Underground Mall and the Skydome to possibly see a ice hockey match etc
      How far from the recommended hotel to Toronto On Canada airport and what would be cheapest transport to get there?

13 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • RebeccaM17's Profile Photo

Ride sharing in Ontario ?

by RebeccaM17 Online Now Jan 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Hi!

I often use ride sharing and carpooling to travel for many reasons and i'm a member of a ride sharing community ( www.kangaride.com ) they are pretty reliable and cheap and I was wondering if there is other communities or other options to ride share so I could have more & more options to travel around as a passenger and sometimes as a driver.

im looking for rides through ontario like toronto, ottawa, kingston..

thanks guys

Reb

• yavili's Profile Photo

Bus from NYC?

by yavili Online Now Dec 27, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Hi. I am thinking of taking a night bus from NYC to Toronto. I know Megabus company. The ticket is around50s. Can you suggest me other bus companies with similar prices? Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 27, 2012 at 2:39 AM
    • Footwear in December

by Tarundas13 Online Now Dec 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I will be in Toronto for few days in last of December.i would be using public transport also.what kind of footwear would be suitable? Regular outdoor shoes, boots or sports shoes? Do they have to be ankle lengths?

4 Answers Dec 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    • Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Don Mills/Finch Ave E

by Lighthouseman Online Now Nov 25, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Hi!
      I am going to visit Toronto in January 2013 and I have to stay in Don Mills neighborhood close to Finch Ave.
      Could you guys fill me in, is this a safe neighborhood? I found controversial information about it on Internet.

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 Answers Dec 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    • AidenCullen's Profile Photo

Golfing in Muskoka! Where to go?

by AidenCullen Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Hey guys,

I'm planning an end of the year trip up to Muskoka with some friends to do some golfing before we lose the season. I have never been up there before, I just moved up from Baltimore and need to know some good tactical courses that won't cost me a fortune!

Thanks!!

Aiden

1 Answer Oct 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

Island Airport shuttle

by glenn57 Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 4:39 AM

I will be flying on Air Canada from the Island Airport to Montreal. Can I take Porter's shuttle from the Royal York Hotel, or is that reserved for Porter Airlines customers only ?

3 Answers Sep 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM