change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• triniyve's Profile Photo

Hotels

by triniyve Online Now May 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

What would you recommend in hotels as close as possible to an address of 42 Lakeview Avenue, Toronto?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Departing Toronto Airport

by GentleSpirit Online Now May 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

airline gives about 2.5 hours transfer time in Toronto, this would be on a flight destined for IAD. I would have to clear Canadian customs and American customs and go to a different terminal? is that enough time?

Has anyone noticed if the lines at TSA are much longer than before?

17 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 3:01 AM
    • Best way to get around Toronto?

by raven.dmensah Online Now May 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Ok, so I have searched through several of the threads for suggestions for this, and I have found some. In July, four of my friends and I are visiting Toronto. We are wondering if it is worth it to use the TTC pass? Or would it be better for us to go by Taxi? We will be staying near the airport, but we will definitely be checking out the city. We will be there for four nights, and five days.

4 Answers May 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    • deb101's Profile Photo

Itinerary ideas 10 day in Toronto region

by deb101 Online Now May 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I have relatives in Toronto but dont want to spent the full 10 days there
      Thinking of
      3-4 days Toronto
      3-4 days lakes area ? Lake Huron
      2-3 days Niagara-on-lake do day trip to the falls

any suggestions on where to go in the lakes area, i have no idea what towns to go to or what is nice or what the region is called.

All must sees in Toronto?

8 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    • History

by hcps-jiangs Online Now May 1, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Who founded Toronto, Canada?

9 Answers May 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to stay for 1 night?

by mickey.p Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Hi, I am visiting friends in Barrie for 3 nights and then I'm thinking of staying 1 night in Toronto before leaving for Niagara.

It will be December and I am wondering where's best to stay for just 1 night after a day sight seeing in Toronto?
      Central but on a budget?

Any pointers on what to visit too? We are not into Museums or Galleries etc.

4 Answers May 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    • bzulu67's Profile Photo

Travel on TTC subway from Super 8 hotel at Spadina ave/Dundas to Kipling station

by bzulu67 Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 4:42 AM

What subway line should I take to get from my hotel to Kipling station. so I can then get the 192 rocket bus to Pearson International airport?
      Many thanks

15 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    • harangozo's Profile Photo

Ingersol to Toronto Airport by car.

by harangozo Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM

How long does it take to drive to the main Toronto international airport from Ingersol.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Niagra Falls tour and Blue Jays baseball game.

by bzulu67 Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Hi all,
      Looking to do a Niagra Falls with Lady of the Mist organised day tour by bus, with pick-up from hotel, at the beginning of September. Would it be cheaper to book online now or wait until I get to Toronto. What tour company would you recommend?

Would like to see the Toronto Blue Jays baseball game on Saturday, 31st August at 1:07pm. I have looked at ticket prices online with MLB Tickets Experts (baseball-tickets-now.com. The ticket price I chose is $24 + $4.08 service fee + $40 delivery, $68.08 total. Ticket price although way back in the arena is good, but the delivery charge is extortionate. Thinking of waiting until I get there to book, or would all the tickets have been sold by then?

Many thanks,
      Keith

20 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    • DavidH117's Profile Photo

corporate housing Toronto

by DavidH117 Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:37 AM

"i am going for a trip to Canada as part of my business..i would like to have a furnished rental for the stay like Mac suites.Please share your reviews and experiences about the stay and their service.
      "

2 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM
    • andri's Profile Photo

Toronto Antique shops

by andri Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Hi,

I will visit Toronto.
      I am interesting to look some antiques during my visit to Toronto.
      Any idea about good place to look for antiques in Toronto?
      Which is better, look antiques around King Street or around Mount Pleasant Road (such as Bernardi's antique)?

Thank you

3 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    • China Town and Silk Lanterns

by brenkmeg Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I'm planning a trip to China Town and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for purchasing Silk Lanterns of various sizes and colors. I'm also interested in great suggestions for silk or satin fabric.

Thanks, Buffalo Gal

2 Answers Mar 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Recommended hotel and location.

by bzulu67 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Hi all,
      Arriving in Toronto by Megabus on Friday 30th August at 5:50pm and departing from Toronto On Canada airport on Tuesday 3rd September at 12:35 pm.
      What cheapish hotel would you recommend for my four nights stay. I will be doing a day trip by bus (pick-up hotel) to the Niagra Falls. I want to be convenient for the popular attractions such as CN tower, Toronto Island Park, Underground Mall and the Skydome to possibly see a ice hockey match etc
      How far from the recommended hotel to Toronto On Canada airport and what would be cheapest transport to get there?

13 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • RebeccaM17's Profile Photo

Ride sharing in Ontario ?

by RebeccaM17 Online Now Jan 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Hi!

I often use ride sharing and carpooling to travel for many reasons and i'm a member of a ride sharing community ( www.kangaride.com ) they are pretty reliable and cheap and I was wondering if there is other communities or other options to ride share so I could have more & more options to travel around as a passenger and sometimes as a driver.

im looking for rides through ontario like toronto, ottawa, kingston..

thanks guys

Reb

• yavili's Profile Photo

Bus from NYC?

by yavili Online Now Dec 27, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Hi. I am thinking of taking a night bus from NYC to Toronto. I know Megabus company. The ticket is around50s. Can you suggest me other bus companies with similar prices? Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 27, 2012 at 2:39 AM
    • Footwear in December

by Tarundas13 Online Now Dec 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I will be in Toronto for few days in last of December.i would be using public transport also.what kind of footwear would be suitable? Regular outdoor shoes, boots or sports shoes? Do they have to be ankle lengths?

4 Answers Dec 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    • Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Don Mills/Finch Ave E

by Lighthouseman Online Now Nov 25, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Hi!
      I am going to visit Toronto in January 2013 and I have to stay in Don Mills neighborhood close to Finch Ave.
      Could you guys fill me in, is this a safe neighborhood? I found controversial information about it on Internet.

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 Answers Dec 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    • AidenCullen's Profile Photo

Golfing in Muskoka! Where to go?

by AidenCullen Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Hey guys,

I'm planning an end of the year trip up to Muskoka with some friends to do some golfing before we lose the season. I have never been up there before, I just moved up from Baltimore and need to know some good tactical courses that won't cost me a fortune!

Thanks!!

Aiden

1 Answer Oct 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

Island Airport shuttle

by glenn57 Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 4:39 AM

I will be flying on Air Canada from the Island Airport to Montreal. Can I take Porter's shuttle from the Royal York Hotel, or is that reserved for Porter Airlines customers only ?

3 Answers Sep 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    • Toronto

by Priory101 Online Now Jul 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I am travelling to Toronto for 3 days at the end of August with my 2 sons aged 19 and 20 then onto London and Windsor.
      Please can anybody suggest any cool things to do and good places to eat for hungry, active young men!
      We are doing the Niagara Falls trip so got that covered!
      Many thanks....

7 Answers Aug 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    • Toronto to Pennsylvania

by pbdancing Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Can anyone recommend the best places to see in and around Toronto and any interesting small towns along the way to Pennsylvania in the US.

Many thanks,

Peter

5 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    • tuna_on_rye's Profile Photo

Don Valley neighorhood area in Toronto?

by tuna_on_rye Online Now Jul 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Can anyone tell me what the Don Valley neighborhood is like? I am looking for an affordable hotel and a friend said that they had heard it was an okay area.

Thank you,
      Joe

3 Answers Jul 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Good Toronto Neighborhoods To Get A Hotel

by tuna_on_rye Online Now Jun 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Can anyone recommend a good neighborhood besides downtown? In a better class of hotel if possible (better than I normally stay in, that is).

Thanks!
      Joe

5 Answers Jul 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

What is a preferable place to get a hotel? Downtown Toronto North or Downtown Toronto South

by tuna_on_rye Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I am going to Toronto for a weekend in August. What is a preferable place to get a hotel? Downtown Toronto North or Downtown Toronto South. Or is there a better area?

Thanks!
      Joe

3 Answers Jun 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

YYZ or YTZ?

by tuna_on_rye Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Is one of these airports preferable to the other? i am flying from Chicago to Toronto next moth and I want to make sure that I do not make a disastrous error. I have never been to Toronto and don't know much (read "anything") about the airports there.

Best,
      Joe

4 Answers Aug 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    • SilvetteB's Profile Photo

should we rent a car, or use trains/shuttles/cabs during our trip?

by SilvetteB Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

My husband and I are travelling to Niagara Falls, NY, and Toronto. Never visited either. We are flying into Buffalo and planned to travel to Toronto and spend 4 days there, then 3 days in Niagara Falls. What modes of transportation would be the best? Do we need a car? By best, I'm looking for convenience and cheapest. We were looking at hotels in downtown Toronto, but if we rent a car, we'll look to stay at a B&B to save the35.00/nightly parking fee.

3 Answers Nov 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

"Cool Places" in Toronto

by WhiteMughal Online Now Jun 8, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I've been in Toronto when it was cool (as in temperature) but also when it was quite hot, which surprised me given the proximity to a huge lake. Guess I don't know my meteorology. Anyway, which places might I visit if I need a break from heat? If I grab an Indian movie, that'll be one place. Are there places with more cool breezes than others? Underground attractions (no, not the subway)? I suppose there's that food court in Eaton Centre (haha, kidding). I don't intend to run away from the heat all the time, but my mom's ancestors came from the Arctic Circle, so heat and I aren't on the best of terms.

3 Answers Jun 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

5 Days In Toronto

by WhiteMughal Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I've been to Toronto 3 times, last time was 2005. All trips have been connected to South Asian cinema in some way. This time it is just to see the city. I'm going by train (train is my number 1 choice now), and I've got lodgings. Should have come here to get lodgings recommendations, but its water over the cataract now.

So, what are top things to see and do in Toronto. Went up in the CN tower. Took a bus tour around the city. Rode the subway LOTS (love that way of travel, in fact love the whole transit arrangement). But I know from various reading that I've not even scratched the surface. If you had 5 days in Toronto, what would you do? I know I'm going to Little India because I always go there. But then other than random wandering (a favorite thing on my other trips), what to do?

6 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    • sayyah's Profile Photo

Looking for a house less than one hour from Toronto

by sayyah Online Now May 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM

We are a family of 6 member, 4 adults and two teen(14&10) looking for a house from 13 July till 31 Aug, to have 3 bedroom and at least 2 bath.We are not looking for any city center house and prefer to be in countryside to enjoy nature.May you please advise us?

4 Answers May 29, 2012 at 5:27 AM
    • Canada Rail

by sdcatraveler Online Now May 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM

How much ahead of time do you need to buy the Canadian rail tickets from Toronto to Montreal (will 24 hours do)? Is it cheaper to buy these online than at the station? Are there any discounts from AAA or for Seniors?

Looking at the website, it looks like food can be purchased. Are there any restrictions as to what food or things can be brought on board? I am going to buy the cheapest grade ticket. Is seating assigned? Is it like flying where there are days of the week that are cheaper to travel on? Are there any tips from those who use the rail frequently?

Thanks for any insight.I have only traveled on rail once before but never in Canada.

3 Answers May 15, 2012 at 3:08 AM