Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lcat61's Profile Photo

Rogers Cup tennis tournament

by lcat61 Online Now May 7, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Hello fellow VTers,
      I will be in Toronto for a week in August attending the Rogers Cup tennis tournament. I will need a prepaid SIM card for my unlocked GSM phone. Can you recommend a carrier?
      I will not have a car. Is there any public transit to Rexall Center from Yorkville?

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

What is the current process for Customs and Immigration at Toronto Pearson from the US?

by mccalpin Online Now May 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Guys, who has recently been through Terminal 1 at Pearson from outside Canada? The Official Spousal Unit is flying from DFW to Pearson this weekend, and we are trying to determine the process for Customs and Immigration.

We have often been through C & I in T3 on American Airlines, but not on Air Canada, a different terminal.

In the US, we now have Automated Passport Control kiosks ( cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/a... ) which supposedly speed things up nicely. But so far, what little that I can find suggests that the kiosks in Toronto for inbound people is only for Canadian residents.The airport website, Canadian Immigration website and Air Canada website have all been remarkably unhelpful...

Anyone with recent experience?

Bill

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

What is the current process for Customs and Immigration at Toronto Pearson from the US?

by mccalpin Online Now May 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Guys, who has recently been through Terminal 1 at Pearson from outside Canada? The Official Spousal Unit is flying from DFW to Pearson this weekend, and we are trying to determine the process for Customs and Immigration.

We have often been through C & I in T3 on American Airlines, but not on Air Canada, a different terminal.

In the US, we now have Automated Passport Control kiosks ( cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/a... ) which supposedly speed things up nicely. But so far, what little that I can find suggests that the kiosks in Toronto for inbound people is only for Canadian residents.The airport website, Canadian Immigration website and Air Canada website have all been remarkably unhelpful...

Anyone with recent experience?

Bill

9 Answers May 10, 2015 at 7:58 PM
    • lcat61's Profile Photo

Rogers Cup tennis tournament

by lcat61 Online Now May 7, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Hello fellow VTers,
      I will be in Toronto for a week in August attending the Rogers Cup tennis tournament. I will need a prepaid SIM card for my unlocked GSM phone. Can you recommend a carrier?
      I will not have a car. Is there any public transit to Rexall Center from Yorkville?

1 Answer May 7, 2015 at 1:27 PM
    • loose_motion's Profile Photo

Friday 7pm VT meet !!

by loose_motion Online Now Apr 29, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Travellers and fellow residents, lets meetup at 7-44 pub and lounge. Its a pub at mt pleasant and eglinton . 2mins bus ride from eglinton subway station .
      Here's the website

http://www.seven44.com

• Drugness's Profile Photo

A few basic questions for a future first time visitor to Toronto!

by Drugness Online Now Apr 4, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Hello everyone!
      I'm doing a little pre-trip research on Toronto and had a few questions which I hope ye can help me with!

Is there only 1 airport near the city? And I presume that has several terminals?
      What is the area of Corktown like? I presume that is well outside the touristy area/most popular districts?
      Is it fair to say that the Downtown area is where it's all happening?
      Should we base ourselves there to be close to all the main attractions?
      Are there any areas of Toronto which should be avoided? (Sorry if this is a silly question!)
      Are there regular daily organised visits to Niagara Falls from Toronto?
      Can you tell me the best (and the biggest) shopping malls in Toronto? Starting with the most central :)
      Hotels are looking very very pricey in the Downtown area. Is this the norm? Are there more reasonable mid-range options also located centrally?

As you can see from these questions, I am struggling in these early stages of my research :)

DG

13 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 4:57 AM
    • alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

Places to stop in Districts

by alexloves2travel Online Now Apr 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM

We will be traveling to Toroanto for for a short trip Thurs (4/2)- Sunday (4/5). We are staying right outside of China Town and are looking to explore some of the different districts (little Italy, China town, garden district, etc). Along with visiting the Toroanto islands and CN Tower.

Are there any recommendations on an specific places to stop in little Italy, China town ect.? Along with any other "hidden gems" in the area worth visiting.

Thank you!!

2 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 4:59 AM
    • Home stay or corporate Housing ?

by Rachel26 Online Now Mar 31, 2015 at 4:27 AM

We're visiting Ontario next month and are planning a stay of one week. Any recommended home-stay or motels ? I have heard that corporate housing is a growing trend in Toronto. I even heard about one particular establishment called Mac suites ( http://www.macsuites.ca/real-estate/ ) proving a reliable service. How effective is this ? Valuable suggestions are appreciated.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2015 at 5:19 AM
    • alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

Toronto city vs Niagara falls stay?

by alexloves2travel Online Now Mar 24, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Earlier this week, I posted a question asking for tips on things to do in Niagara falls during the first week of April, since many of the amenities will still be closed due to the season. and received a lot of very helpful feedback! Now i'm wondering- would it be better to just stay in the city of Toronto, and just do a day trip to Niagara falls while there? Would there be more to do/things to see during this time in Toronto city, than in NIagara falls? Any tips or advice on things to do or see in the city of Toronto?

9 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 5:01 AM
    • University

by jennyfersanchez Online Now Mar 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM

good night I want to know what kind of universities are there in Toronto or Canada? For studying languages.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM
    • University

by jennyfersanchez Online Now Mar 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM

good night I want to know what kind of universities are there in Toronto or Canada? For studying languages.

6 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    • Detroit to Vancouver, layover in Toronto, what the process?

by mdoucette Online Now Mar 9, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Hello! First time poster, but I've used your site for answers before. I live in the US. In June, I'm traveling to Vancouver for a week. I'm flying out of Detroit on Air Canada with a layover in Toronto. I've never flown to Canada before, so I"m wondering what the process is for custom's etc. I'm assuming I have to go through customs when I get there in Toronto, but does that mean I have to exit and then go through security again? Any tips or tricks or experiences you think I could learn from? Any thing at all! I appreciate your help ahead of time! Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 9:37 PM
    • Interactive Documentary about Toronto Night Life

by Stasroud Online Now Jan 29, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Hey guys,

Originally when I was moving to Toronto, part of the appeal was a city that didn't sleep at night. When I finally got here, I discovered that - apart from the bar and club scene - it was difficult to find interesting things to do at night. Thus began the search for some of the hidden night-time gems Toronto has to offer - from activities to locations to small and unknown communities, and the types of characters that you'll meet.

My crew and I decided to make an interactive documentary about this topic. This will allow you to visit a website and see what takes place near you at night. It will shed some light on the unexposed. Do you know any interesting night communities that most people do not now about? Please comment below.

We also just launched the Indiegogo campaign for the project. Check it out, we would really appreciate any contributions you might be able to make. Every dollar counts. Thanks.
      indiegogo.com/projects/night...

• Changing planes

by Kantischueler Online Now Nov 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM

I'm going to travel to Toronto in January, arriving from Zurich (Switzerland) with a Change of planes in Montreal. (ZRH - YUL - YYZ). Do I have to go through customs in Montreal, after I first arrived in Canada, or in Toronto, my final destination? Both flights are Air Canada flights.

3 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • Connecting flight Toronto

by Trudy2411 Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 12:01 AM

We'll be arriving at Toronto Pearson on British Airways at T3, and connecting through T1 on Air Canada. We have exactly 2 hours. Is that doable?

6 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Six hours in the airport. Easy to get to the city and see some?

by carloarg02 Online Now Aug 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Wondering if with a six hour layover in the airport (1pm - 7pm) it's possible to get to the city and go up to the CN tower? Or is it too tight in terms of time?

6 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 5:04 AM
    • Staying in Toronto

by Dolores14 Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM

With regards to staying in Downtown Toronto for 4 nights, I've been looking at Holiday Inn and Eaton Chelsea hotel. Eaton Chelsea seems to have better reviews. Any advice? Which would be best? Thanks

10 Answers May 1, 2015 at 4:42 AM
    • Hotel at Niagara

by Dolores14 Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Can anyone recommend a nice, cheap /non tacky hotel to stay at Niagara Falls please? Thanks

8 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • technology

by jhorvathcello Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 6:55 AM

My son who is 20 is a technology professional in the US. Can you recommend any sites that feature technology or technological advances in Toronto? We have been here often and have see the "typical" tourist attractions.

3 Answers Aug 16, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • trvstar's Profile Photo

Reasonably priced accomodation for a family of four closer to public transport.

by trvstar Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Hi guys.We will be in Toronto for10 to15 days.We are looking for a reasonably priced place,Hotel,Hostel etc which is closer to metro/bus ,thus is easier to commute (20-30 minutes walk maximum) One room with 4 or two doubles any suggestions.Thank you.

11 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 1:26 AM
    • Save Money on Airfare.

by ITravelNow Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM

How can I save money on airfare and where can I look for the best fares? Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM
    • heading over on a working holiday from New Zealand next year

by BlakeD4 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi my names Blake im heading over for a working holiday next year nd want to know were the best clubs are nd i love country music so would like to know what clubs and bars have this and also cheap drinks all help would be great

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    • entertainment

by diannebersh Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 6:31 PM

is there live theater? what will be playing in july

7 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    • Short layover in Toronto

by villasgirl Online Now May 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM

We have a 5 hour lay-over in Toronto before heading to Philadelphia. Any ideas for spending some time in town, maybe an early dinner? How much time is needed to get into town and the best way to get there. Thank you!

4 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

by anthonywastrinh Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hello< I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

Here are some links I've looked up

1. yelp.ca/biz/kipling-subway-s...
      2. thestar.com/opinion/columnis...
      3. forums.redflagdeals.com/psa-...

2 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

by anthonywastrinh Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hello
      I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

1 Answer Apr 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM
    • Buses from Buffalo Airport to Toronto Downtown after 10 pm

by Sandipank Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Hi,
      My flight will land Buffalo airport at 9.45 PM. And I need to come to Toronto downtown from Buffalo airport. The last greyhound bus from Buffalo to toronto is at 9.30 pm. And next bus is 3 am next day.

Cab you guys please suggest me what are the other cheapest option to come to toronto after landing buffalo at 9.45 pm?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer May 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM
    • Layover in Canada

by brownstone1 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I have a 1 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Copenhagen, is that amble time to make my connecting flight?

11 Answers May 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    • Jack5750's Profile Photo

YYZ - AHU - KUL

by Jack5750 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi guys, how are all doing? Well I have a quick question as this is my first time flying in 14 yrs. I am going to Kuala Lumpur from Toronto. I am flying with Etihad Airways and it stops at Abu Dubai for 6 hrs.. Do I have to clear customs, and pick up my luggages when I land? What is the procedure in Dubai since the stop over is for 6 hrs? I appreciate all your help and as much answers would be helpful. Thank you all and have a nice day.

2 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    • eversure's Profile Photo

overnight stay in Toronto

by eversure Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hello, we will arrive Toronto at Pearson airport late at night. Then plan to see Niagara falls the following day before flying out of Pearson again at 11pm the same day. Would it be better to stay near the airport or near the downtown for our purpose? Thanks all.

Jen

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • susannee1979's Profile Photo

Toronto affordable?

by susannee1979 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Hi everyone. I am thinking of taking my family on a vacation in October (planning in advance :) ), and I was considering Toronto. We like to go places we have never been, and we like to see a variety of things. We went to NYC last October. We aren't the sit on the beach for 5 days type of family. I have heard that Toronto can be pricey. Does anyone have input for me? I am considering airbnb.com to rent an apartment or home for a week. What areas would anyone recommend we stay or avoid? Any free or affordable things my family should see?
      Thanks!
      Susanne

9 Answers May 30, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • Sadwings25's Profile Photo

Dinnertime at the 360.

by Sadwings25 Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I'm planning a trip to the CN Tower, as well as dinner at the 360, reservations were for 5pm. Would I have time to explore the CN Tower after dinner (it closes at 10pm), or should I do all the exploring before dinner?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 3:09 AM