change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ThisWorldAndI's Profile Photo

Vancouver - view from the tallest building

Vancouver 8 hours ago

My dad is visiting Vancouver and he has been asking me if it would be possible to view the city from some of the tallest buildings in Vancouver Downtown.
      Would someone by any chance know if this is possible and how is one supposed to go about it?

Thanks.

more
    • Barkersville Historic Goldrush town

Province of British Columbia Dec 21, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Is it worth putting on a 13 hour return trip and 2 over night stops to see this town. Planning to drive up from Revelstoke and Kamloops then head back to Whistler. Yes the town looks interesting but in all practicality can we justify the mileage and cost - roughly how long will it take to see - possibly compare it to Colonial Williamsburg USA. May be there are interesting places on route to justify this journey. Also thought of visiting Sandon Ghost town - is this like Bodie in the USA

All help greatly appreciated

more
    • Parking passes

Banff National Park Nov 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

We were caught in a snow storm and and got stuck in the wrong lane at the gate. Is there anywhere to get a parking pass in the town of banff

more
    • Quebec City in late December

Quebec Dec 26, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Any tips on fun things to do in Quebec City in late December?

Our group is 3 adults and a 5 year old.

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

Quebec Dec 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

more
    • Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • Roadtrip renting a minivan with 2 + mattress in the back

Canada 4 hours ago

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are planning a roadtrip from 13 july untill the 3rd of august. The trip would start in vancouver going to jasper-banff-glacier-yellowstone-and back to vancouver. We have endlessly been looking for a low budget campervan for 2 persons. So far the only thing coming close to what we are looking for the is the campervans wicked is renting out, but actually those are still a bit expensive for us.

So we recently got this crazy idea to rent a minivan like a chrysler town & country or a Dodge Grand Caravan and just dump a double mattress in the back of the car. This way we should be able to save over 1300$.

So i was wondering if you guys think this is a good idea or not? For example do you think it is doable to just stand on a parking lot somewhere or on the side of the road and sleep there ? We would like to be completely 'free' and just drive and see where we end up not always having to look for a campsite every night.

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more
    • Changing planes

by Kantischueler Online Now Nov 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM

I'm going to travel to Toronto in January, arriving from Zurich (Switzerland) with a Change of planes in Montreal. (ZRH - YUL - YYZ). Do I have to go through customs in Montreal, after I first arrived in Canada, or in Toronto, my final destination? Both flights are Air Canada flights.

3 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • Connecting flight Toronto

by Trudy2411 Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 12:01 AM

We'll be arriving at Toronto Pearson on British Airways at T3, and connecting through T1 on Air Canada. We have exactly 2 hours. Is that doable?

6 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Six hours in the airport. Easy to get to the city and see some?

by carloarg02 Online Now Aug 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Wondering if with a six hour layover in the airport (1pm - 7pm) it's possible to get to the city and go up to the CN tower? Or is it too tight in terms of time?

5 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM
    • Staying in Toronto

by Dolores14 Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM

With regards to staying in Downtown Toronto for 4 nights, I've been looking at Holiday Inn and Eaton Chelsea hotel. Eaton Chelsea seems to have better reviews. Any advice? Which would be best? Thanks

8 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    • Hotel at Niagara

by Dolores14 Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Can anyone recommend a nice, cheap /non tacky hotel to stay at Niagara Falls please? Thanks

8 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • technology

by jhorvathcello Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 6:55 AM

My son who is 20 is a technology professional in the US. Can you recommend any sites that feature technology or technological advances in Toronto? We have been here often and have see the "typical" tourist attractions.

3 Answers Aug 16, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • trvstar's Profile Photo

Reasonably priced accomodation for a family of four closer to public transport.

by trvstar Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Hi guys.We will be in Toronto for10 to15 days.We are looking for a reasonably priced place,Hotel,Hostel etc which is closer to metro/bus ,thus is easier to commute (20-30 minutes walk maximum) One room with 4 or two doubles any suggestions.Thank you.

11 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 1:26 AM
    • Save Money on Airfare.

by ITravelNow Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM

How can I save money on airfare and where can I look for the best fares? Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM
    • heading over on a working holiday from New Zealand next year

by BlakeD4 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi my names Blake im heading over for a working holiday next year nd want to know were the best clubs are nd i love country music so would like to know what clubs and bars have this and also cheap drinks all help would be great

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    • entertainment

by diannebersh Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 6:31 PM

is there live theater? what will be playing in july

7 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    • Short layover in Toronto

by villasgirl Online Now May 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM

We have a 5 hour lay-over in Toronto before heading to Philadelphia. Any ideas for spending some time in town, maybe an early dinner? How much time is needed to get into town and the best way to get there. Thank you!

4 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

by anthonywastrinh Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hello< I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

Here are some links I've looked up

1. yelp.ca/biz/kipling-subway-s...
      2. thestar.com/opinion/columnis...
      3. forums.redflagdeals.com/psa-...

2 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

by anthonywastrinh Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hello
      I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

1 Answer Apr 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM
    • Buses from Buffalo Airport to Toronto Downtown after 10 pm

by Sandipank Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Hi,
      My flight will land Buffalo airport at 9.45 PM. And I need to come to Toronto downtown from Buffalo airport. The last greyhound bus from Buffalo to toronto is at 9.30 pm. And next bus is 3 am next day.

Cab you guys please suggest me what are the other cheapest option to come to toronto after landing buffalo at 9.45 pm?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer May 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM
    • Layover in Canada

by brownstone1 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I have a 1 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Copenhagen, is that amble time to make my connecting flight?

11 Answers May 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    • Jack5750's Profile Photo

YYZ - AHU - KUL

by Jack5750 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi guys, how are all doing? Well I have a quick question as this is my first time flying in 14 yrs. I am going to Kuala Lumpur from Toronto. I am flying with Etihad Airways and it stops at Abu Dubai for 6 hrs.. Do I have to clear customs, and pick up my luggages when I land? What is the procedure in Dubai since the stop over is for 6 hrs? I appreciate all your help and as much answers would be helpful. Thank you all and have a nice day.

2 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    • eversure's Profile Photo

overnight stay in Toronto

by eversure Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hello, we will arrive Toronto at Pearson airport late at night. Then plan to see Niagara falls the following day before flying out of Pearson again at 11pm the same day. Would it be better to stay near the airport or near the downtown for our purpose? Thanks all.

Jen

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • susannee1979's Profile Photo

Toronto affordable?

by susannee1979 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Hi everyone. I am thinking of taking my family on a vacation in October (planning in advance :) ), and I was considering Toronto. We like to go places we have never been, and we like to see a variety of things. We went to NYC last October. We aren't the sit on the beach for 5 days type of family. I have heard that Toronto can be pricey. Does anyone have input for me? I am considering airbnb.com to rent an apartment or home for a week. What areas would anyone recommend we stay or avoid? Any free or affordable things my family should see?
      Thanks!
      Susanne

9 Answers May 30, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • Sadwings25's Profile Photo

Dinnertime at the 360.

by Sadwings25 Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I'm planning a trip to the CN Tower, as well as dinner at the 360, reservations were for 5pm. Would I have time to explore the CN Tower after dinner (it closes at 10pm), or should I do all the exploring before dinner?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    • frygtloes's Profile Photo

One day layover with 4 year old

by frygtloes Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Hi good people. Flying from new york to copenhagen my daughter and i have a full day in toronto. From 5 am til 11 pm.
      My daugther will just have turned 4. She is well travled and pretty hardcore but i gues february is still cold and dark so any suggestions on what to do are welcome.
      I do consider going to niagara falls. I domt have drivres licens so rentinga car not an option.
      Thank ypu for your help

17 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • Paris-Toronto-Calgary

by new_flyer Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I have 1 hour and 40 mins transit time in Toronto before my next flight AIRCANADA for my final destination. Is the time enough to catch the flight with hand luggae? given that i hv to clear
      IMMIGRATION and customs.

What if i have baggage luggage on carousel, will that surely make me LATE..?

12 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    • March 2014

by jones23 Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Hi,I'm seriously thinking of visiting Toronto next March as this is the only leave i can obtain from work.I understand that month can be very cold and having possibly snow.My query is-Is it so cold that we cannot ' do the touristy ' bits ?.I am also thining of staying at the Econolodge in Downtown Toronto.However upon looking at guest reviews some state that it is located in an undesirable part.Can you shed any light on these comments ?
      Regards,
      Colin Jones Wales UK

7 Answers May 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM
    • Where to eat out?

by gosia_h92 Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Hello everyone! I am going to stay in Toronto for a few days.  I was wondering which restaurants are the best to try different cuisines. Looking forward for your answers! 

Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

What to do..........................

by mickey.p Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Myself, partner and our 14 year old son (who has Aspergers) are coming to Canada in late December - around 20th.
      We have friends who live in 20km from Barrie and we are spending lots of time with them and just wondering what people can suggest to do.

Our loose plans are to spend 2-3 nights in Toronto on arrival - my friend has suggested the following in Toronto: Nathan Philips Square, Eaton Centre, CN Tower, Kensington Market, Snow Valley(may have that one mixed up!)?

Then to Barrie to stay for around 5-6 days - possibly visiting Blue Mountains? but 25th and 26th would be spend not doing much, just normal Christmas Celebrations.

We are flying out of Buffalo on 31st so thinking 2 nights in Niagara on 29th and 30th?

My friends son also has ASD so considering staying in American or Great Wolf but only if we can get good rates!

We are not Museum or Gallery type people but love shopping - chain stores, malls, markets and thrift stores!
      We love to people watch and if we didn't have a teenager to entertain we would spend hours in Starbucks just watching the world go by.

Any recommendations on places to visit, things to do and places to eat could be good!

Also be great for recommendations of where to stay in these places, we are on a budget - nothing too fancy but will pay more for better standard/location etc.

Thanking you in advance for advice etc!

6 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • Rent an appartment

by Albyita Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Hello. in November myself and 3 friends will come for a month in Toronto. Should I rent an apartment, I preferred to central areas like downtown, with 3 beds, bathroom and kitchen. would be perfect if it had a nice apartment with wifi. What do you recommend, also as a site to book? we would like to spend $ 1,700 maximum. thanks

3 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • Courses to learn English

by Albyita Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Hi, i'm Alberto.
      I'm a italian student. In November i go in Toronto for a learn english and explore the city. I wish live there in the future.
      I have much problems to talking in english.
      I wanted to know if there are English courses for tourists not too expensive. if you advise me to attend these courses or better to go around and talk to people?
      now I'm helping with google translator to make me understand better

please help. I also thank you for any advice

11 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    • dongix's Profile Photo

Transport from Pearson Airport to Yonge and Eglinton with 8 pieces of big luggage

by dongix Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Hello guys. We are a family of four and will be relocating to Toronto this coming Friday. We have eight pieces of huge luggage and four carry-ons with us. We thought of taking a van. I tried looking up on google but the ones that I can find are those sharing ones and definitely we won't be allowed with the amount of luggage that we have. Could anyone please suggest how I can find a transportation that's suitable for us? Thanks in advance and I appreciate your help.

7 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    • transportation

by oldytomy Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Is there rail/bus service from Niagara Fall Airport to Toronto Rail Station?

4 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    • Best/Cheap hotels in Downtown Toronto?

by Steve1. Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Best place to stay for around 5/6 days, IDEALLY no more than £1000. We're looking at the Holiday Inn as it's pretty much 30 minutes in each direction from all the best attractions. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

3 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • Wheelchair accesibility of the North market antique sale on sundays

by Barba52 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Is the North Market building, where the sunday antique market is held, wheelchair accessible?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM