Toronto Travel Answers

change location
eve_d's Profile Photo

12h in Toronto

by eve_d Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Hello Everyone !
My bf and I are travelling to Mexico in June with 12h stopover in Toronto. We are landing there around 9pm on Sunday and we were wondering what should we see during those hours. It's at night so it's kind off hard to know where to go apart from clubs etc. I know Toronto has an amazing skyline, could you give me any tips where should we be heading to make the most out of those 12h? also how the transport works there? Is there a good transport between the airports and the city center? Hopefully it's even worth going out, I'm not looking forward to spend 12h on the airport...

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: 12h in Toronto

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 3:35 AM

There are some pretty nice upscale pubs in the center of town very close to the CN tower.
    I would go there if it was me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eve_d's Profile Photo

by eve_d Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 4:17 AM

thanks for the reply. How about the transport? Do we have any options? or the only way is to get a taxi? how much that would be?

• milliturtle's Profile Photo

by milliturtle Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM

There aren't a lot of choices to get downtown from Toronto Pearson Airport. The most direct ways are by taxi or the Toronto Airport Express buses. Since there will be 2 of you, I'm not sure you're saving much money taking the airport express as the return fare for each person is close to40. Also, the hours are probably not going to work for you unless you plan to stay out all night. The bus basically drop you off near Union Station in the downtown core, then you'll need to find the places for the clubs.

torontoairportexpress.com/sc...

Here are the taxi costs. It's based on travel zone. The zone you want is53 according to the map plus tip.
    torontopearson.com/en/toandf...

If you want to take public transport, you basically have to take the bus then switch to subway to get to downtown core. The subway stops running at 1:30am on Sunday and resumes at 6:00am on Monday. There are night buses, but you'll need to figure this out on the TTC website. This is probably quite time consuming.

www3.ttc.ca/Riding_the_TTC/A...

• GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM

The airport is in Mississauga, so there really is not much to do there. If you want to go cheap, the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) runs bus 192 to Kipling Station. Cash fare is3 CDn which will take you downtown. If you want to see the skyline, head to Union Station and then take the ferry ($6.50) to Toronto Island; the dock is beside the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel. This is the best view of the Toronto skyline. This should take around an hour r so.

As per previous comments, you can grab a taxi to the downtown Toronto area too.

• RACCOON1's Profile Photo

by RACCOON1 Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM

You arrive at 9:00 pm on a Sunday and leave at 9:00 am on Monday.
    That's a problem.

Most , if not all things will be closed at 11:00 PM.
    Check the CN Tower closing time ( summer schedule).

Check the schedule for the Airport Express shuttle.
    You will probably end up taking a taxi or limo.

The Toronto Island ferries stop at 11:00 pm ( winter hours) , maybe 1:00 am for summer hours. The summer schedule is not up at this time.

Best bet is to take a taxi in , walk along the centre of downtown for two hours and return.( Yonge to Spadina / Queen ST. to the Waterfront).

You might burn off four hours.An hour to get out of the airport and back by 2:00 am.

• RACCOON1's Profile Photo

by RACCOON1 Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM

June 12,2012 is a Tuesday not a Sunday

• clareabee's Profile Photo

by clareabee Online Now Apr 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I would get a taxi - we used the airport bus when we came for our honeymoon as there was a drop off at our hotel - but there were quite a few other drops as well so you won't have the time.

Also you have to get out of the airport - where are you going to store your luggage?

I would go to Canoe for a drink or the CN tower - but as others have said check the times as not too sure what they are.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines