Torino Travel Answers

change location
Gemi-Buffon's Profile Photo

From Genoa To Torino

by Gemi-Buffon Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Guys .. I'm an Egyptian and i will be in Genoa in 16 March coming with (SPLENDIDA CRUISE) and i wanna go to Torino from Genoa Then Return Back in The Same Day

So My Questions >>

1- Where is The Nearest Train Station From Genoa Port
2- Which Station is the closest to Juventus Stadium
3- How Much Train Tickets Will Cost ?
4- Best Website to Reserve Train Tickets ?

Thaaanks So Much 3

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • craic's Profile Photo

Re: From Genoa To Torino

by craic Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM

hi

trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.j...

this is the site you should look at

principe is probably closer than brignole - but both stations are pretty close

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM

My preferred link for Trenitalia is:

trenitalia.com/homepage_en.h...

3 & 4 You do not have to book tickets online in advance. You may find a good fare deal (they are available only for some routes, dates and departures) but remember that will tie you to specific departure times. If you miss the train you will have to buy another ticket.

Most trains Genoa>Turin are regional, so you won't find any special online tickets for them. There is no point in buying regional tickets online in advance anyway as regional train cannot get full-up.

It's quite a long journey from Genoa to Turin. If you can manage to catch the 0912 that would be best, as it's only 1h 43m. That is an Intercity train, one of the trains on which you can get an economy fare of 9 euro if you book well in advance online.

You can catch the trains either at Genoa Porta Principe or Genoa Brignole. I think P Principe is probably a bit nearer, but it depends on where your ship berths.

The Juventus website gives you details for how to get here by public transport, in English:

juventus.com/juve/en/stadio/...

Trains from Genoa go to Turin Porta Nuova station.

• Gemi-Buffon's Profile Photo

by Gemi-Buffon Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Thaaanks Craic :)
    And Leics ... I Can't Describe how i wanna thank you with ur way of discussing everything for me :)

but can u tell me how i can contact you to ask u if i get lost :D
    by the way i never speak Italian ... :D

*** Is it easy to start and finish all this case from 10:00 AM till 17:00 PM :D
    From Genoa to Torino Then The Juventus Tour ... Then Back To Genoa ?!
    Or I'm a Crazy Guy :D ???

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM

You can't contact me if you get lost (I'll be at work). :-) But you won't get lost if you a) get hold of a good guidebook and b) learn the basic courtesies in Italian (please, thank you, sorry). Many Italians speak at least a little English, especially younger ones, and many speak it very well.

But I don't think you'll be able to do this within the times you have given. You will miss the 0912 (from Genoa Piazza Principe) fastest train, so the earliest you can be in Turin is 1355 (a 3+ hour journey, including a change in Savona) or 1440 if you take the next direct train at 1228.

To get back to Genoa by 1700 you would need to catch the 1405 (arrives 1555). The next train (1520) does not arrive until 1732.

Look at trenitalia.com/homepage_en.h... to confirm the train times.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines