Travel Answers
Torcy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it possible to walk across bridge over seine from Esplanade de la Defense to Nueilly sur Seine

Paris 11 hours ago

Is it possible to walk across bridge over seine from Esplanade de la Defense to Nueilly sur Seine and restaurants in rue de Longchamp

/

more
    • New years eve

Paris Dec 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM

What to do on new years eve? We already booked a restaurant but wonder what to do after..

more
    • Ethan55's Profile Photo

Advice on Paris Cocktail week?

Paris Jan 23, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hey guys, I saw that it's Paris Cocktail Week starting this weekend. Anyone know if it's worth it or just a marketing scam for the bars to get more clients? I found one video talking about it (http://youtu.be/9xEmJENRxK8) but curious to hear other pieces of advice. Thanks!

more
    • SylviaA's Profile Photo

Foodie Walking Tour

Paris Jan 7, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Any recommendations for a 3-hour foodie tour in Paris? Thanks!

more
    • footstool's Profile Photo

Le Pas Mur

Paris 10 hours ago

How do I find this landmark statue of the man passing through the wall in order to avoid a jealous husband?! I've visited it before, but can't remember where it is. Thanks.

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Aussie couple in Paris for a week in June 2015.

Paris Jan 15, 2015 at 10:52 PM

We are both aged late 60's and have been to beautiful Paris before.We anticipate getting a hotel room (or similar) with a kitchenette so we can do our own cooking sometimes.We love the baguette/goats cheese/red wine on the balcony in the evening.We love the alfresco coffee/dining thing.Just some local knowledge to get the real Parisian experience more so than in the past.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Merci.

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Bus line 72. Hotel de Ville

Paris Dec 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hi everyone.
      I will be staying very close to Hotel de Ville and I´m planning on taking the bus line 72 from Hotel de Ville to the Eiffel Tower because I want to be on the surface and do some sightseeing instead of travelling underground.
      I checked out the route plan and on RATP and the stop for hotel the Ville seems to be the end of the line, so I want to know if I can board the bus there as well as the exact location of the bus stop.
      Thanks!!!

more
    • JA05's Profile Photo

Best (and economical) form of transportation for two seniors from CDG to the Montparnasse

Paris Jan 16, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Hi VTs, My parents (who are over 60) will be arriving at CDG and need to travel to Montparnasse. Aside from the taking the RER and the Taxi, what other options do they have? They need something that is easy. Is there a shuttle bus that drops off multiple people within a certain neighborhood for a reasonable price?

Thank you in advance for your responses. JA05

more
    • NadineK5's Profile Photo

Best time of day to go up Eiffel Tower - end of April

Paris Dec 27, 2014 at 3:00 AM

What is the best time to go up the Eiffel Tower at the end of May?

I am pre-booking tickets, so its more a question of what time of day is the view the most beautiful?

more
    • info neede

Paris Jan 8, 2015 at 2:10 AM

We have never been to Paris and will only be there for 4 days what are a must see and do and what is a skip
      Thanks
      Daphne

more

Paris Museum pass over 1st of May

Paris Dec 29, 2014 at 12:52 AM

We will be arriving in Paris on the 29th of April next year and we'll be there until 4 May. We only realised yesterday that 1 May is a holiday and most sites will be closed.

The Paris Museum Pass needs to be used consecutively. If we buy a 4/6 day pass on the 29th, does that mean we cannot use it after 1 May as we won't be able to use it the the 1st because most sites are closed?

more
    • Transport up the hill to montmartre

Paris Yesterday

Where do I get the electric bus from abbsesses metro to montmartre

more
    • Paris in 2 days

Paris Jan 12, 2015 at 2:05 AM

Me and my wife are planning to visit Paris in April for 2 days. As there are many beautiful destinations in Paris, I am not sure which I can complete within 2 days. Well 1st day, I be reaching Paris around 1pm from UK. So plus check in to hotel most likely we be free after 3pm onward. 2nd day we have one whole day. Last day half a day as our flight back is at 4pm from CDG. ( I am surely going for Eiffel Tower and most likely at night. I'll be skipping all the Museums as we are more intrested into sight seeing & bit of shopping)
      1.Can you guys please suggest some great idea to explore Paris.
      2. I be staying somewhere around Montmarte area
      3. What is the best mode of transport to move around Paris
      4. Interested to visit La Vallee Village. How do i get there
      Thks in advanced

more
    • Arial_27's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower visit

Paris Jan 16, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Bonjour à tous,

I'm going to be in Paris for the Valentines weekend this year (not for that purpose though.)
      I'd like to visit the Eiffel tower at night. I tried to book tickets in advance, but they are already all booked up for that entire weekend - even the Monday. 9:30am -11pm is completely sold out.

Does anyone know if that means it will be impossible to visit the Eiffel tower that weekend, or do they also allow some space for drop-ins who didn't book online in advance?

Been a while since I visited and am not sure how it works now.

Merci à l'avance!
      Kristin

more
    • Transportation

Paris Jan 9, 2015 at 11:21 AM

To get around in paris can we use cash? or do we need a card to be able to ride the metro, bikes etc?

more

Skipping lines - Paris Museum Pass and Pre-booked Eiffel Tower Tivkets

Paris Dec 27, 2014 at 2:58 AM

We'll be in Paris end of April and will by a Conciergerie Pass (which includes the Paris Museum Pass) and we will pre-book our Eiffel Tower Tickets.

With these passes/pre-booked tickets you're supposed to be able to skip the lines. My husband has used these passes before, but said that you still wait in very long ques. I think he just used it wrongly tbh :)

My question is how do you use your Patois Museum Pass and pre-bookes Eiffel Tower tickets to avoid the long ques?

more

Paris - Spending money for meals per day

Paris Dec 29, 2014 at 5:21 AM

How much spending money for mainly meals and snacks is sufficient per person a day in Paris. Not eating at fancy restaurants?

Also, any tips on how to save money on meals on our trip? :)

more