Travel Answers
Tonghae

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Living in Mungyeong, near Sangju, what can I expect?

Sangju 18 hours ago

I will be teaching at a school in Mungyeong, which is near Sangju, what can I expect in terms of the weather for August to January?

more
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

South Korea trip during Chuseok holidays

South Korea Jul 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Hello everybody!

I booked my flight and stay in South Korea and unfortunately did not consider the major holiday, Chuseok, on September 8 this year. At this time I will be in Seoul but want to start my roun trip on September 9 already, via Andong, Gwangzu, Busan and Mokpo.

Can anybody tell me what is the safest way to have a reliable and fast public transport at this time? I guess everything will be crowded. How can I book bus tickets in advance, or is it advisable to buy a KR Rail Pass so that I don´t have to worry and get a fixed reserved seat immediately?

If locals can help me with information, that would be great. Thank you.

more
    • Looking for friends

Busan Jul 20, 2014 at 4:38 AM

Hey :) I am planning to go to Busan for few days and will be there alone. It will be my first trip to Korean and I have no idea what to do in Busan. I dont speak or read Korean at all... Maybe someboy can keep me company or be a guide? It would be very nice to make friends :)

more
    • Jeju Island inquiries

Jeju-do Jul 20, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Is there a direct way to travel from Jeonju to Jeju? And what are the common modes of transportation within Jeju island during the day tours?

more
    • madmatg's Profile Photo

22 hour layover a few questions...

Incheon Jul 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM

1. I can leave my checked bags at one of the storage places from when i arrive, 11am, until i get back the next day around 7am. Is that correct?

2. I'm going back to america and since I'm in seoul for just 22 hours am wondering if I can just stay out all night (not getting plastered) and just come back early to the airport. Any suggestions on what i can do during the wee morning hours? Thanks!

more

transportation around South Korea - pass?

South Korea Jul 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Hello,

I forgot to ask about the cheapest way of transportation between the cities in South Korea? I will be there for about 12 days, should I buy a tour pass which includes all bus fares ? is there anything like this and should I use it? Or does this only exist for the trains and are trains a better / cheaper option ?

I will go from Seoul - Independence Hall and back - Andong - Guangzu - Busan - Mokpo - Seoul.

Please let me know the best option!
      Thank you.

more
    • Shopping Eelskin Walllets, Shoes + Ladies clothes

Seoul Jul 9, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I will be in Seoul on 27/8 July and on 23 August, each for 1 day.
      My friend and I are interested in purchasing Eelskin Wallets, Bags and Shoes.
      + western clothes (ladies). We would be size 14/16 in Aussie. clothes, so that
      would be XXL in Korean sizes, I think.Which area(s) would be the best places
      to find ready-made clothes is our sizes.
      Where would we find quality Eelskin Ladies/Gents Wallets? Many years ago I
      visited Seoul and was able to order Eelskin shoes....I am hoping it would be possible
      to order shoes and collect when we return end August? If I have the design of a
      special Ladies wallet, where do u suggest I go to order these products.
      This is a great website, I hope u will be able to help us. We will stay one o/night
      near airport, believe it is possible to come to city by train. Any tips appreciated,
      also best currency if not using CC. T/u, Mary

more
    • madmatg's Profile Photo

all nighter in seoul, what to do after midnight? where to see sunrise?

Seoul Jul 16, 2014 at 8:12 AM

I'm going back to america and figure I can get an early start on defeating jet lag by staying up all night, my flight back is at 9am. I got until midnight covered but after midnight is it possible to go to some kind of all night arcade(like they have in japan) or some other options? Would also like to see the sunrise if anyone could recommend a place.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

more
    • Jaxxy's Profile Photo

Need help with area's of Seoul to stay for September, 2014.

Seoul Jul 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I'm looking to travel to Seoul in September, 2014 for the first time!! I'm traveling alone and would like some advice on good areas of the city for a solo American female traveler to stay. I plan on airbnb-ing it but need recommendations of neighborhoods that isn't too touristy but allows me access to things I'll need. THANK YOU!!!!!

more
    • Kimchee Sinchon guesthouse to Nami Island/Lotte World. How to get there?

Seoul Jul 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Hey, i'm going to stay at Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse this August.

I was planning to go to the Nami Island from the guesthouse for the 2nd day.

3rd day i was planning to go to the Lotte world from the guesthouse.

4th day i was planning to go to the Gwanghwamun Gate / Square from the guesthouse.

Do you have any recommendation of transportation for me to reach all of those places?

Please advice. Thank you

more
    • what is the way of seeing many things easily.

South Korea Jul 7, 2014 at 8:26 PM

On arrival to seoul how can we look around without much difficulty. I mean is there any round trip
      of interesting places by any agency ?

more
    • Booking accomodation in advance neccesary?

South Korea Jul 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Hello,

We (a dutch couple of 2) are planning a trip around South Korea for about three weeks (mid september till mid october 2014). We want to hire a car and find accomodations ourselves. Will we be facing any trouble booking at the day we arrive in a city/village or must we book in advance (via internet)? We want to book our flight in advance and also some hotels the first and last days. In between we want our freedom of travelling and finding accomodations.
      Thanks for your time and answer!

Frans

more
    • star aveune

Seoul Jul 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Theres a place call Star Aveune in Korea is there anything to see or do over there?

more
    • shore tour from cruise ship

Jeju-do Jul 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM

any tips on shore tour from cruise ship arriving oct. 2014 for +4 hrs.?

more
    • AdeleGoh's Profile Photo

1st time & solo trip to Seoul

Seoul Jul 18, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I will be travelling to Seoul early October, this is what i have planned>>1st night stay at mapo-gu(shopping around hongdae & ewha), 2nd & 3rd night at Jongno-gu(palaces, cultural, nami island & shopping) and last 2nights at Myeongdong(shopping & sightseeing), it's feasible? Any VTers care to share with me their itinerary?
      Thank you in advance!

more

Which is the best DMZ tour from Seoul?

South Korea Jul 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Hello everybody!

I am traveling to South Korea in September and definitely would like to do a 1 day excursion from Seoul to the border to North Korea, the DMZ.

I heard there are package tours, but not every tour is as good as it promises to be.

Please, all those of you who have done it, let me know which is the best and most recommedable tour to the border, what is a reasonable price for what is included and a must-see ?

Thank you!!

Kind regards,
      travelthrough

more
    • goodvy810807's Profile Photo

best places to visit in Korea?

South Korea Jun 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Hello,
      my friend and I will visit Korea in September for 9 days
      we will stay in Seoul but we aren't sure where to visit, anything recommend?

more