Tongariro National Park Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation for Tongarrio Crossing

by Famfour Online Now Jan 5, 2005 at 3:34 PM

We (ma, pa, kids 11 & 13) are going to (weather permitting) do the crossing Feb. 23 or 24. I have looked into various accommodation choices and am looking to send inquiries possibly to Howards Lodge (nation park village), or Club Habitat and Parklands Motor Lodge (Turangi) or Ohakune Top 10 Holiday Park and The Hobbit Motor Lodge (Ohakune). Just wondering if anyone has any insights/comments on any of these accommodations and/or pros/cons of basing out of Turangi vs. Ohakune vs. National Park Village for the crossing. Looks like shuttles for crossing are available from all locations. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation for Tongarrio Crossing

by vtveen Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 7:53 AM

Hi I have something else for you. A real homestay in Ohakune in a home called Kohinoor. We have been there twice and it is really a five star accommodation. You have never seen such a beautifull garden with view on the volcano MT.Ruapehu. Very friendly hosts, who will help you to plan your crossing. More info: www.travelwise.co.nz/listings/Kohinoor.html www.homestays.co.nz/listings/165 Have fun in New Zealand and with your crossing !!! Jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Accommodation for Tongarrio Crossing

by Famfour Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 9:12 AM

Thank you very much Jaap, I will certainly check it out. Famfour

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tongariro National Park