Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Tonga Travel Answer Locations

• leanneedwards's Profile Photo

Cash before I go

Tonga Apr 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Where can I get money for tonga in honolulu or can I just us U.S. Currency?? Thanks

• bonnyk's Profile Photo

Visiting Tonga

Tonga Jan 25, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Do I need a visa to visit Tonga for 10 days, we are going sailing there

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • Cocomo Vava'u project land lease 99 years

Tonga Sep 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hi ya can anyone in that lives in Cocomo or Vava'u tell me if there is a project for the leasing of land in Cocomo Village, for leasing of land for 99 years to build a home. I have confirmation by email from the Lord Governor upon my enquiries but need to know from someone that lives there. I am very interested in being self sufficient solar panels catching my own rain water etc. and can someone also tell me what life is like living in Cocomo village. Thanks
      Elaine

• Ferry schedule Tongatapu to Pangai, Lifuka

Uoleva Island Sep 12, 2013 at 5:20 PM

After some further research I can now come up with a more meaningful question.
      I need to catch a ferry from Tongatapu to Pangai, Lifuka, Apparently the ferry goes twice a week. Can anybody give me the days - i.e. from TongaTapu to Pangai and from Pangai back to Tanga Tapu? The only other option would be to phone the companies. Anyone out there that knows? cheers

• Ferry schedule

Tonga Sep 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Does anybody know when I can catch a ferry from Tonga Tapu to Uoleva? Thx Ina

2 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    • Captain Cookes hideaway

Uoleva Island Jun 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Anybody been there lately? All review that I've read very outdated. any contribution will be helpful Thanks

• Uolevu Captain Cooks hideaway

Tonga Jun 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I have heard that this place has an amazing location. This would be our first island vacation and I want it to be special. The reviews, however, are not so flash but then they are very outdated. Can someone out there please enligthen us?
      Thanks

• Nuku'faloa dilemma

Tonga Sep 2, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Hi all,

After a week in Ha'apai, we have a 1-day layover in Nuku'alofa before catching an early morning flight to New Zealand. The flight is at 5.50am which means that theoretically we are supposed to be at the airport by 3.50am.

The current plan is to get a hotel room, spend the day in town, wake up early and head out to the airport. But I'm wondering if it even makes sense to pay for a room under these circumstances. We could probably just catch a late night taxi to the airport straight form downtown, and wait for our flight there...

I have never been to Tonga, so I don't know what to expect. Do we really have to be at the airport 2 hours in advance for our flight? Honestly, I'd be surprised if this rule was enforced in Tonga! Is it a relatively short drive between Nuku'alofa and the airport? How late do restaurants and bars stay open on a Friday night?

I'm still leaning toward getting a hotel room because it would be convenient to leave our bags somewhere and get some rest. However, if we have to wake up at 2.30am to catch the flight, I'm not sure it's worth it. Any advice?

And an unrelated question: should I purchase Pa'Anga before I get to Tonga, or just take NZ dollars as cash? I seem to have read somewhere that they often accept NZD and AUD as payment - is that really true? If so maybe there's no need to exchange money?

Thanks!

6 Answers Sep 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    • raandaka's Profile Photo

Money issues / best currency to take to Tonga

Tonga Jul 1, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I'm wondering how to best take money for our trip and in what currency. Would it be best to takeUS in cash? I would also appreciate other advice re ATM accessibility / functionality; how widely credit card or EFPOS might be accepted?

Many thanks.

2 Answers Jul 1, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    • Moving to Tonga

Tonga Sep 24, 2010 at 7:25 AM

I am an American moving to Tonga and I want to take my dog. I have tried several avenues to get information about the regulations of bringing an animal into the country, without success. Also, is there a vet in Nuku'alofa?

7 Answers Nov 14, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    • booming's Profile Photo

Where is fast country to get Tonga visitor visa

Tonga Sep 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM

We are students going for a good tour on Papua New Guinea, fiji and Tonga, we have PNG visa and our passports are visa fee to fiji, but Tonga visa, we have not get the visa, because i did not know where to send our travelling documents for the visas, please if any one know the fastest place for the visa help out, the trip to this countries is close.

1 Answer Sep 9, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    • Traveling to Vava'u

Vava`u Jun 20, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Any suggestions on how to get to Vava'u? Plan on backpacking around Tonga for a few days, and I was told Vava'u was the place to be, but it seems pretty expensive to get there. Is it possible to hire a boat? Take a ferry? Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 21, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    • SOLO MAFI

Tonga Nov 12, 2008 at 12:15 AM

bonjour je voudré savoir a qui apartien cette hotel et si je pouvé avoir lenuméros et l' adresse de l' hotel merci de rependre sur mon adresse mail daymonsolove@hotmail.fr amicalement solo MAFI

• Where to stay in Tonga ?

Tonga Oct 12, 2008 at 3:44 AM

I am hoping you can give me some advice/tips on where to stay in Tonga please ?

Basically we have flights ( courtesy of frequent flyer pts to use up before expiry ) to Tongatapu in Feb. next year for a 7 night stay and am now trying to work out where would be best to spend our time.

We are keen on snorkelling ....... is there any coral and/or plenty of fish life to view near the shore off the main island of Tongatapu or would we need to head to an offshore island ?

Also Tongatapu seems to offer more places of interest to visit than an offshore island :

e.g.

• The Royal Palace and the Royal Tombs
      • Ancient Capital of Mu’a
      • Ha’amonga
      • Blowholes

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

2 Answers Feb 25, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    • Family resorts?

Tonga Jul 13, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Hi there

I am taking my 8yo daughter over to Tonga for 4 nights in November and were wondering where the best family accommodation would be? I have noticed that no hotels/resorts have kids clubs so need something with plenty of things to do to keep her occupied.

• cybergenic's Profile Photo

Kayaking tours?

Tonga Feb 22, 2008 at 6:16 PM

g'day anybody know of any good kayak tour companies by experience?
      I have seen a few on the internet and they all seem to be very similar.
      Maybe even the same mob under different names.
      Any advice will be appreciated, good or bad experiences.

Thanks

chris

2 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    • Tonga Bob's

Tonga Jan 2, 2008 at 11:42 PM

We're staying in Neifu for one night (a Tuesday) in a couple of weeks. By looking at the websites we'll miss all the traditional/kava ceremonies. To keep us entertained I thought Tonga Bob's looked like fun. Do you recommend his "cantina" as a night out for a group of people in their late 20s? We're staying at Puatanave (sic) Hotel. Can you recommend any other activities? (keeping in mind we'll be heading onto a boat the next day so won't be needing any water sports)

• GoodKiwi's Profile Photo

Pangaimotu Island

Tonga Nov 13, 2007 at 4:40 PM

We are due to stay at this island, anything I need to know. Can I take food from NZ with me to Tonga.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers karleen

1 Answer Nov 13, 2007 at 5:56 PM
    • What do you think ok Fafa Island resort?

Tonga Aug 28, 2007 at 9:43 AM

My family will be there for a few days next year...is that one of the better places to stay in Tonga?

Any other suggestions for Tonga would also be appreciated.

4 Answers Nov 5, 2008 at 5:26 AM
    • Newspaper or Fotoagency at Tonga

Tonga Apr 18, 2007 at 7:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of an unusual question. I work as photographer and journalist and I'm wondering whether I could work at Tonga. I would like to know whether there are any photo agengies at Tonga (if so please let me know the internet address or other contact details).

What about newspapers at Tonga? Are there any in English language? Any specially for foreign tourists?

Thanks very much in advance.

• Ha'apai

Tonga Feb 21, 2007 at 9:44 AM

In July i will be in Tonga. I will be in the hap'ai group for 10 days and hope to move around about 5/6 islands around lifuka (uiha, uoleva). Is 10 days in ha'apai too much? I'l b on tongatapu for around 3 days

3 Answers Jun 23, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    • shore snorkelling tonga

Tonga Jan 10, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Where can I stay in budget accomodation and have great shore snorkelling fairly nearby?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

What to do in Tonga

Tonga Oct 1, 2006 at 4:03 PM

Hi
      We're going to Tonga for a few days on our way to New Zealand . Any advice on places to visit or things to do ?

Thanks

5 Answers Feb 24, 2007 at 2:13 PM
    • living in tonga

Tonga Aug 29, 2006 at 10:15 PM

we were wondering what the laws are on moving to tonga? do u have to get a permit or what? do u just go there and stay there for as long as u like? Any info will be useful. thanks!

2 Answers Sep 3, 2006 at 4:39 AM
    • chris2x's Profile Photo

Swimming with Whales in Tonga

Tonga Apr 15, 2006 at 11:39 PM

I thought people would be interested that the latest episode of my travel podcast featured Tonga and swimming with whales.

Chris from the Amateur Traveler podcast.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2008 at 5:52 PM
    • travelling around the Islands

Tonga Dec 7, 2005 at 2:29 PM

hi,
      I will be in Tonga for 2weeks at the beginning of Febuary and just need advice on the easiest way around the Islands as a single female who doesnt drive- are the buses easy and safe enough?
      Any other tips and suggestions would be gratefully received!

• How far in advance should I make a reservation?

Tonga Oct 2, 2005 at 11:41 AM

Hi all!

My fiancee and I are seriously considering spending a few weeks in Tonga in October next year. We want to stay at a few different islands.

How far in advance is it adviced to make reservation for hotels, domestic flights etc. if we want to "pick the raisins"?

Thanks in advance,

Kenneth

1 Answer Oct 2, 2005 at 12:02 PM
    • Merry Christmas in Tongan

Tonga Nov 19, 2003 at 5:22 AM

We are traveling to Tonga around Christmas and are meeting some friends there. We would like to prepare a sign that says "Merry Christmas" in Tongan. I've looked several places but can't seem to find this in the Tongan language. Can someone help? Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 11, 2004 at 10:45 AM
    • people of ha'apai!

Tonga Oct 20, 2003 at 5:10 AM

i am desperately trying to get in touch with some of the residents of pangai. i spent three months living with a family and have lost touch. Moana, Telenisi........? if anyone can help?!

1 Answer Aug 17, 2004 at 3:54 PM
    • Moving to Tonga?

Tonga Sep 21, 2003 at 4:02 PM

I am very interested in moving my family to Tonga. I am VERY into the way of life there... How do the people of Tonga feel about outsiders? Anyone else done the same thing?

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 9:27 AM