Tonga Travel Answers

change location

Ha'apai

by SeanPF Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 9:44 AM

In July i will be in Tonga. I will be in the hap'ai group for 10 days and hope to move around about 5/6 islands around lifuka (uiha, uoleva). Is 10 days in ha'apai too much? I'l b on tongatapu for around 3 days

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RJGorringe's Profile Photo

RE: Ha'apai

by RJGorringe Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 1:18 AM

Where you want to spend your time is up to you, but if I were you I would consider going up to Vava'u for a few days too. It's extremely beautiful, and real mountainous. The Olovaha boat comes thru Ha'apai once or twice a week from Nuku'alofa, and it would cost probably 30 pa'anga or something. The Hamana Lake motel is nice, clean, and close to the harbor. Hope that helps. Have a great trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Palaweno's Profile Photo

Re: Ha'apai

by Palaweno Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 2:55 AM

I will be in Ha'apai July 28-31, and you can share a boat with me island hopping if you like.

• yedich's Profile Photo

Re: Ha'apai

by yedich Online Now Jun 23, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Hey-
    See if Billy's on Lifuka is still there. Sandy and Billy are the owners and Milika is the local gal that helps out. Sandy makes wonderful pizza and they are on the windward side of the island so when the rest of the island is broiling, they are feeling a nice cooling breeze. You can snorkel, go to a local dance, or meet a few of the wacky ex-pats that live there. In Tongatapu visit the brewery, check out the power supply, stay at Tony's as he has a mini Kava ceremony every night and offers a wonderful tour-it has been a while since I was there.Go to an umu, visit a bakery on Sunday when the businesses are closed and when cars are not allowed to be on the road. drink Kava every night with other travellers - or at a true ceremony with a load of Tongan men. I stayed for 2 months. I did not get bored and was busy busy.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Tonga Travel Answer Locations