Tomar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• A Good central base in Algarve?

Algarve Jan 19, 2015 at 8:16 PM

My fiance and I are considering Algarve, Portugal for our Honeymoon. We are looking for a good base to take day trips and something less touristy (i understand most of the region will be filled with tourist in late june / early july) but perfer a good mix of culture, good food and wine, easy beach access and relaxation. We are flying into Lisbon and will head down to the Algarve after a couple of days. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

more
    • Local Bus Routes

Oliveira do Hospital Jan 17, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Can I find out the local bus routes online ? I know there is a new bus station but we've only used rede express so far

more
    • Tour with dog

Lisbon Jan 16, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know a tour operator who allows small dogs on their tours?

Thanks

more
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Madeira Island Open Golf

Funchal Jan 6, 2015 at 12:29 AM

Does anyone know if there should be buses running from Funchal to Clube de Golf du Santo da Serra, 19th - 22nd March, for the Golf Open?

more
    • New year in Oura

Oura Dec 29, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Can anyone advice what entertainment will be in place for new years eve. Thanks

more
    • Family Friendly

Olhos de Água Jan 19, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hi
      Im going on holiday in July and staying at Giddah apartments (I think thats the name) There are 8 adults a 7 young kids. Im wondering if the place around the apartments is family friendly, are there pubs and restaurants?

Thanks

more
    • MESDL21's Profile Photo

Shopping Ceramics

Portugal Jan 23, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Hello
      Are the traditional portuguese ceramics cheaper in Lisbon (Rua Agusta and sorrounding areas) or in the small cities such as Sintra, Nazare and Ovidos?
      Thanks!!

more
    • Wi-Fi in Portimao area

Portimão Jan 4, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Is there free Wi-Fi available in Poretimao or Praia De Rocha, eg Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Café Nero etc....?

more
    • Villa Advice

Lagos Jan 3, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Looking for advice on villas which are withing walking distance of Lagos town. A 15 to 20 minute walk maximum. Any advice on areas to look at or avoid please.

June

more
    • From Quarteira to Sevilla

Quarteira Jan 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Hello folks,

How do I get from Quarteira to Sevilla? Car will not be an option. Is there a bus directly from Quarteira to Sevilla? I also have a small dog who will join me :)

Thanks,
      Christine

more
    • Family and sport active holidays resort/village

Algarve Jan 12, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Hi, I'm looking for some advice for summer holiday in July/Aug in some Algarve part. As a destination, I prefer smaller cities I'm interested to stay with my family (2 adults+2 kids: 3y, 8y) in hotel/resort/bungalows/villas village but not camping. I don't like hotel blocks so the best would be low buildings max 2 floors.
      BU 3000 Euro for 2 weeks, 1 apartment (2 bedrooms or 1 bedroom and separate room with sofa) with kitchen.
      My expectations: location next to or no to far from the beach, outdoor pools (incl. separate for small kids), best location would be in some garden or green area, playground for kids, sports facilities like football field for kids, free car parking, access to Wi-Fi.
      Any suggestion much appreciated.
      Thanks in advance, Rafal

more
    • lisbon area

Lisbon Jan 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM

what do you think about staying anjos area? in av almirante reis or in rua da emenda?
      As a young student and a girl which one would you recommand me and why please

more
    • Blakium's Profile Photo

Sintra / Fatima trips

Lisbon Jan 15, 2015 at 4:03 AM

hello, i'm going to Lisbon in June, and i'd like to know if its good to make trip reservations through Viator.com for the Tagus sunset cruise or Sintra and Fatima trips.
      or what is the best way to make trips reservations, is it better to make it online? or wait till i'm in lisbon and make it at a tourist office?
      Thank you

more
    • anaanes's Profile Photo

How much time is needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

by anaanes Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

How much time is needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

4 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • styxgirl's Profile Photo

mondays

by styxgirl Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM

is the convento of christo and monastery opened on monday?if so, do you know the opening and closing times? appreciate any help
      thank you

2 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

How to get inside of Charola?

by Oleg_D. Online Now Oct 10, 2011 at 5:02 AM

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
      A have a question about the access to so called Charola or the altar part of the Convent of Christ in Tomar. When I’m looking at the pictures uploaded by many travelers I see that sometime the doors of Charola itself are closed and you cannot get in. But some pictures are made inside of the Charola that means sometime it is possible to get in. Can anybody tell me is it possible to get in? If yes, than how I can do that? I’m very interested to make pictures of any images (icons, statues, frescoes and etc.) of military Saints such as Saint George, Saint Florian, Saint Sebastian and so on. Any tips where I can find such images in Tomar would be highly appreciated. Those pictures will help me in my study of medieval military history because they are the valuable source on arms and armor, clothing and etc. of appropriate period.
      Thank you in advance for your assistance.
      Sincerely,
      Oleg

• Fishing at Castelo do Bode lake, Portugal

by tonytrower Online Now Sep 15, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Is there anyone out there who could let me know what the fishing is like on Castelo do Bode lake,Portgual.
      Looking forward to receiving info.
      Regards
      Tony

• Bus from Tomar to Fatima

by rudajo Online Now Sep 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM

How to get from Tomar to Fatima? I was convinced that the train from Lisbon ( changing it along the way) will take me to Fatima, but I have found out that it will be only Tomar , 1 hr from Fatima. How to get to Fatima from there? Are there any schedules? How much would the taxi cost?

2 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 3:39 AM
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

La Charola

by elpariente Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Please can you tell me if in the Tomar Castle have they finished already the refurbishment works in the Charola and it may be visited without problems
      Thank you
      Gracias!!!!
      Obrigado !!!

1 Answer Apr 5, 2010 at 4:27 AM
    • Bus from Tomar to Fatima and Fatima to Batalha

by skyemon Online Now Feb 1, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Can I find out about the bus services from Tomar to Fatima, in particular what are the departure times of the bus services from Tomar to Fatima? In addition, I will also like to find out about the bus services from Fatima to Batalha i.e. the departure times? Thanks!

Is there also a connection between Batalha to Evora? Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 2, 2007 at 8:13 AM
    • Bus from Tomar to Fatima and Fatima to Batalha

by skyemon Online Now Feb 1, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Can I find out about the bus services from Tomar to Fatima, in particular what are the departure times of the bus services from Tomar to Fatima? In addition, I will also like to find out about the bus services from Fatima to Batalha i.e. the departure times? Thanks!

Is there also a connection between Batalha to Evora? Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 4, 2007 at 11:35 AM
    • tigerjapan's Profile Photo

Christmas: Trains to Tomar

by tigerjapan Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 8:01 PM

Hello, we want to go to Tomar on December 26th, does anyone know if trains from Lisbon to Tomar run, or not, over the Christmas period? Also, will sites be open on December 26th?

3 Answers Nov 19, 2006 at 1:57 PM
    • Estalagem de Santa Iria

by JAGMuse Online Now Oct 27, 2003 at 8:22 AM

Has anyone stayed here that can give me a review? We're planning on making Tomar our base of operations for exploring Portugal. Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 28, 2003 at 12:40 AM
    • nazare to tomar

by debo123 Online Now Jul 17, 2003 at 7:57 PM

Are there buses to tomar from nazare and what is there to do in tomar?

4 Answers Jul 18, 2003 at 11:28 AM