Toluca Travel Answers

change location

Toluca?

by tlbrink Online Now May 3, 2004 at 6:04 PM

If you are interested in visiting or living in Toluca, contact me. I have had a house there since 1987 and divide my time between Toluca and Acapulco. Visit any day except Friday when the streets are clogged with a big flea market (nothing worth seeing there). However, the city's downtown, churches, museums are great. This is a city of sports, universities, culture, hospitals, government buildings, and factories, and factories, and factories. Come expecting COLD weather and no night life. brink@mexico.com

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Toluca?

by jeremygreenwood Online Now Jan 12, 2007 at 4:13 PM

My wife and I plan to break our journey from Baja California Sur to Boston by flying to Toluca, renting a car and enjoying a five day vacation traveling before returning to fly out of Toluca. We may only spend our first night and next day in Toluca itself but we would like to find a decent, not modern de luxe, hotel in or near the portales? Does the Don Simon fit that description? Also a good restaurant. Is Hosteria Ramblas good? Last question: any live accoustic Mexican music around the center?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines