Toledo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hi can u help me travel in places near toledo spain

by geenasadlerb Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 5:40 AM

what is the best way to travel from toledo to andalusia and how lon does it take

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • tour to La mancha from Toledo

by agathi Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Actually we wish to make the tour Toledo-Consuegra-Puerto Lapice-Campo de Criptana-El Toboso-Toledo. The local transport is inadequate. Do you think that a taxi would cost a lot? But on the other hand we must rent the taxi for a day since we would certainly want to stop and look around in these places. Do you have any idea how can one do this spesific route? I have checked all the tours that are advertised from Toledo to La mancha but nth actually fits.
      I have also found a company named Avec of Luxury where you can rent a car with a driver. But their site is only in spanish. Do you thing it is ok?

27 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • Can I buy an SD memory card for my camera in Toledo?

by AnnaKerby Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Hi,

I'm coming to Toledo and need to buy a memory card for my camera. Is there a place there where I can get one?

Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

a scenic drive from toledo southwards

by shunra Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Hello everybody,
      could somebody recommend the most beautiful itinerary from Toledo southwards, to Andalusia?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • Travel Toledo-Granada Easter Monday

by Johnmerton Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM

We want to travel from Toledo to Granada, preferably by train, on Easter Monday 21 April. I can't find any listings on the internet for trains (Toledo/Madrid and then Madrid/Granada) which would enable it that day. Does everything close down that day? Would a bus get us to Madrid in time for a train connection (I'm having trouble finding buses that day too)?

Is there a Tourism Office in Toledo that we could check with?

Thanks

John

6 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    • monday tours

by samrabin18 Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 2:12 AM

what is closed in madrid on mondays?

4 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • ABQ_Hugh's Profile Photo

Train: Toledo>Atocha>Madrid Airport ?

by ABQ_Hugh Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Hi, I have friends visiting Madrid for several days before flying out of Madrid Barajas airport.

Because their flight isn't until 1130am, I was going to suggest that rather than visit Toledo on a daytrip, they should spend their last night there then go to the airport the next morning. The Toledo city buses from Pl. Zodocover start running early enough to catch an early AVANT train to Atocha, then take the frequent C1 Cercanias train to the airport.

Only thing I don't know is how is the transfer between AVANT train and the Cercanias? I figure the platforms are probably close to each other but I thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

an hotel in Toledo

by shunra Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hello everybody,
      I am looking for a not-too-expensive hotel in the the historical center of Toledo.
      The hotel must be easily accessible by car and have a parking lot or a garage.
      (I hope I am not asking for too much).
      Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

6 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    • bus from Toledo to Seville in Spain

by effat1941 Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Is there a bus service from Toledo to Spain? Is an express bus? How long does it take to make this trip? Thanks. Mike

2 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • Overall view of city of Toledo

by Dcar1030 Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM

What is the best way (without a car) to get to the point where one can see the overall view of the city with the turn of the river in the foreground?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    • Time in Toldeo

by MarinLiving Online Now Jan 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM

As part of a three week vacation in Spain and France how much time would you allocate to Toledo? Can it be seen easily in one day coming form Madrid?

10 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • Toldeo Arrival

by MarinLiving Online Now Jan 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Is it walkable from the Toledo train station to downtown Toldeo? Or should I take the bus from the station into downtown Toledo?

8 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Toledo from Madrid by bus or train?

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Hi, I am planning a day trip from Madrid to Toledo and have some questions:

- I am staying near Atocha, is it better to take the bus or train (Renfe) to Toledo? What are the pros and cons? Have posted this on the Madrid forum and I have helpful links on Renfe information already. I saw on travel guides that the best view is to look at the Alcazar from afar. Is this view possible if arrive on bus or train?

- I have only 5 hours due to my timing of arrival and departure into Madrid, either on Friday 12-ish to 5-ish or Saturday 10-ish to 3-ish. Which is the recommended day or is there no difference?

- Within the 5 hours, I aim to visit the Alcazar and just snap photos of scenic views around. Can you let me know if there is any absolutely must visit attraction after the Alcazar? I know there is a lot, but as I have only 5 hours, what is highly recommended? My interests is more on snapping photos and see historical / cultural places, not so much on food and shopping. =)

Thanks!

11 Answers Jul 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    • help for daughter

by sherryt1947 Online Now Jul 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM

my daughter is in Toledo, Spain with a group from Toledo, Ohio.
      she has gluten disease and is becoming very ill and needs to get back to the USA.
      she doesn't know how to make plans to do it--she is scheduled to be there for 2 more weeks but cannot stay that long.
      the language, of course, is a big problem.
      she would need to take a bus from Toledo to Madrid to the airport and she isn't sure what bus to take ro what to do when she gets to the airport.
      any suggestions would be apprecited.
      thanks so much.

10 Answers Jul 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    • marinabosaya's Profile Photo

Toledo sightseeing - 1 or 2 days?

by marinabosaya Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I do not know how much time to allocate for Toledo? 1 full day seems not enouph to see all its major sights, and walk around at normal pace to absorb its beauty and history.
      What about 2 full day? Is it too much time?

Appreciate your advise.

10 Answers Jun 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM
    • toledo bus from ave station

by timewaster Online Now May 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

i have read that if you take the ave train madrid to toledo, you will need to take bus #5 or #6 to zocodover. how do i find the bus stop from the toledo ave station or is it very obvious?

how do i know which direction of the bus to take? (i'm assuming there are 2 or more directions)

also how much does it costs? do you need excact change?

7 Answers May 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM
    • Where to stay in Toledo?

by Fionnan Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Hi,

There are six of us going to Toledo at the end of May and we're wondering where in Toledo would be the place to stay? We are all interested in history and we would like to stay outside into the early hours, have a good dinner, some beer and great talks. Some traditional Spanish music outside would be a bonus.

What time in the morning can you be served drink until in Toledo? The reason I ask is that a hotel that I was looking at seems really good but it has no bar so if we book it we'd want to be able to stay out drinking somewhere else.

Thanks

4 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 6:34 AM
    • Jewish sites in Spain

by sail1951 Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM

We are going on a cruise in December leaving from Malaga and have a couple of days to tour before. We would like to see some Jewish Historical sites and are deciding between Toledo and Girona. Please give recommenations and also what is the best way to travel there and how far away are they from Malaga.

4 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM
    • Walking in Toledo

by asitava Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Hi,I will be traveling with my 6 yr old son to Toledo in 2 weeks time. I hear that Toledo is hilly but best covered on foot. However, my son may get tired. Is public transport / taxi available to go to the main attractions ? Are the taxis very expensive ? Thanks

6 Answers Mar 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM
    • Booking a day tour from Madrid to Toledo Thanks!

by rcpilot Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Thank you very much to rexvaughan, stevemt, Redang, DaveG0906, hawkhead and Homanded for your very quick and helpful replies to my posted question. I was pleased to see that you were all unanimous in your recommendation to do the Toledo trip on our own, rather than with a tour group. We will certainly follow your suggestion and had already started on gathering maps and information to help us with this visit.

10 Answers Feb 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    • Booking a day tour from Madrid to Toledo

by rcpilot Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM

My wife and I are going to Madrid in late April for a one week stay. We would like to take a day trip to Toledo with a reputable tour company. Does anyone have a recommendation for which tour/company to go with? Also, considering the time of the year for our trip, do we need to book the trip before arriving in Madrid or can we make the arrangements when we get to our hotel (in the center of the town; on the Puerta del Sol)? We are very excited about our upcoming vacation to Spain. Your responses would be greatly appreciated. Also, any other recommended day trips from Madrid, as well as any tips for our stay in Madrid, would be very welcome.

6 Answers Feb 27, 2012 at 6:18 AM
    • Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Toledo on a Sunday

by Lurchizo Online Now Feb 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I am in Spain next month and was going to take a day trip down to Toledo but the only day I have to do it is on Sunday. Will most things be open on a Sunday?

Thanks,

3 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    • 68maciek's Profile Photo

restaurant, skateboard spot, parking lot free of charge, mozarabic rite

by 68maciek Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Hola,

I'm coming with my family to Toledo for one night in few days time. Please advice:

1. Restaurants (budget) also where locals eat (or between Toledo and Avila).
      2.Is there any skateboard place/park in Toledo? My 14 y.o. son doesn't care much about old buildings.
      3. Where can I park my car for free if I am staying at Calla de Azacanes street?

BTW; Are there huge differences beetween mozarabic and roman-catholic mass rite? When and where (the cathedra?) may I attend it?

Thank you,

Maciek

4 Answers May 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    • T-and-K's Profile Photo

Short winery or wine cellar tour in or near Toledo

by T-and-K Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I'm wondering if it's possible to find a winery near Toledo that offers short tours & wine tasting (about 2-4 hours)? So far I have only found winery trips for whole day but unfortunately we're only staying one day and would like to see and experience as much as possible. Basically the idea is to visit a real winery and get to taste some of their own products, too. It doesn't necessarily have to be winery, it can be a wine cellar in the city, too, for as long as it real and authentic.

4 Answers Feb 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM
    • GladToGoRose's Profile Photo

Train from Madrid to Toledo

by GladToGoRose Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM

How do I get from the airport to the Atocha Train Station in Madrid to catch the train to Toledo? Will I need to make reservations ahead of time or can I purchase a ticket when I arrive in Madrid? Travel planned for February 22nd, 2012. Thanks in advance for help.

13 Answers Jan 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    • smeans2's Profile Photo

Hop-on hop-off bus?

by smeans2 Online Now May 10, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Hi. I am in Toledo for a few days and the sights I am interested in are scattered around the city. I have found mention and photos of a "tourist bus" that goes around the outer walls and is hop-on, hop-off. The city is not large, but walking is difficult, and we are not what we used to be :-) Does anyone know a site for this bus or, at least, where it stops? I am in the western part of the city, not far from San Juan de los Reyes. Thanks. Spencer

9 Answers May 12, 2011 at 8:42 AM
    • best way from Salamanca to Toledo, train or bus?

by ellagirl Online Now May 2, 2011 at 8:00 AM

We are planning on going directly from Salamanca on July 2 to Toledo for 3 or 4 days. Does anyone know of a bus that goes there? I looked on Renfe and it appears you must change trains in madrid if I am reading the website correctly.

Any direct way to get there? Any help or advice would be appreciated. (We are saving Madrid for the very end of our trip before we head back to the US) thanks in advance.

4 Answers May 6, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    • smeans2's Profile Photo

Guided tour?

by smeans2 Online Now Apr 8, 2011 at 7:51 AM

We will be staying in Toledo for four days in May, and I agree with previous posters who advise exploring the city on your own. However, on our first full day we will be joined by friends on a day-trip from Madrid, and they would prefer to have a guided tour if possible since their time will be limited. I have found day-trip tours FROM Madrid, but are there any tours that originate IN Toledo? Thanks. --Spencer

2 Answers Apr 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    • Travelling in Spain

by elizabetht Online Now Jan 18, 2011 at 3:46 PM

My husband and I are travelling to Spain in May. We are staying a few days in Madrid and then going to Toledo for 2 days. Then we are travelling to Sevilla and other parts of the South of Spain. We would like to know if we can travel by speed train from Toledo to Sevilla or do we have to go back to Madrid
      to get speed train to Sevilla. Elizabeth

3 Answers Aug 12, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    • sue_stone's Profile Photo

Madrid -Toledo AVE - pre book tickets?

by sue_stone Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 6:45 AM

We will be travelling from Madrid to Toledo (and back) in mid-January, and plan to catch the AVE.

Do we need to pre-book the train tickets?

We will want to catch the 15:30 train from Madrid to Toldeo, and return on the 10:25 back to Madrid a few days later.

Thanks

6 Answers Dec 19, 2010 at 10:05 PM