change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• effazainal's Profile Photo

Disneyland n disney sea

by effazainal Online Now Feb 1, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Does anyone know of discounts ticket into disneyland plsss? I don't think my budget allows me to take the day pass.

Any halal restaurabt in disneyland or sea?

more
    • From Hilton Shinjuku to Disneysea

by asitava Online Now Feb 20, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi, wanted to know what is the best way to go to Disneysea from Hilton Shinjuku. Is it better to take a metro from Nishi-Shninjuku to Tokyo station and then take a JR train or is it better to take a metro from Tochomae to Yoyogi and take a bus to Disney Resort ? From Google Earth, I see that the Yoyogi station does not have overbridge. Does Yoyogi have a subway to cross the railway track ? Apology for asking boring questions, but small details help. Thanks in advance for the answers.

more

Hotels around Sakura hatagaya in shinjiku

by effazainal Online Now Feb 1, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Hi VTers,
      I have just receive an email that this hotel Sakura hatagaya is fully booked! :(
      Can anyone suggest any hotels nearby it? In shinjiku preferably ? As it's convenient to get halal food.
      Affordable rates not more than 12,000yen
      Pls help meeee

more
    • Tokyo Weather in March

by asitava Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM

Hi, I will be in Tokyo (with my wife and a 9 yr old son) from 14th - 21st Mar and in Kyoto 21st Mar - 27th Mar. I see that the temperature varies between a max of 13 deg and min of 4 deg celsius. Does it mean that reasonable amount of winter clothing will be needed ? Also I see that the rainfall increases markedly in March from Feb. Does it mean I should expect most of the days to be rainy / cloudy ? Also when it rains, does it pour (like Monsoon in India) or is it more like a drizzle ? Also should I take one of the Mt Fuji trips from Tokyo in case expecation is that the mountain will hide behind a cover of cloud ? Apology for so many questions but given that all are related to weather, though I should ask them in one place. Thank you for your help in advance.

more

virgin trip to Tokyo for 6 nights

by effazainal Online Now Feb 1, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Hello VTers,
      It's my virgin trip to tokyo Japan in late March and I have Afew questions in mind;

1) I need help on recommendation of 3* hotels within distance of halal eateries n preferably train station.
      Was looking in e area of shinjuku but I'm open for other options too

2) is there any airport shuttle from the airport to hotel? Or maybe shared transportation from airport to hotel for 4 adults?
      3) which telco service(data) for a week is affordable to buy and where can I buy those SIM card? Advisable to get from airport?
      4) is there any tourist card for transportation that I cn purchase since we will be travelling a lot using public?
      5) the Sakura flowers season is coming, where is the best place to see ? Preferably free parks ?
      6) I was planning for a trip to Mount Fuji.can I travel by public? Or is there any affordable tour packages that I cn purchase?
      Is full day enough?
      7)what are interesting places to go for cheap buys ?
      8) for someone who loves art, design n fashion.. Any recommendation of must-see places ?
      Thank you! I really hope awesome VTers like U can help me out.

more

23 March to 30 march 2015

by effazainal Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi VTers,
      Anyone knows why are all hotels fully booked on these dates? 23-30march?
      I plan to travel on these dates n even bought tickets but I Cnt find any hotels in shinjuku, ueno n afew more..

more
    • From Hilton Shinjuku to Disneysea

by asitava Online Now Feb 20, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi, wanted to know what is the best way to go to Disneysea from Hilton Shinjuku. Is it better to take a metro from Nishi-Shninjuku to Tokyo station and then take a JR train or is it better to take a metro from Tochomae to Yoyogi and take a bus to Disney Resort ? From Google Earth, I see that the Yoyogi station does not have overbridge. Does Yoyogi have a subway to cross the railway track ? Apology for asking boring questions, but small details help. Thanks in advance for the answers.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    • Tokyo Weather in March

by asitava Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM

Hi, I will be in Tokyo (with my wife and a 9 yr old son) from 14th - 21st Mar and in Kyoto 21st Mar - 27th Mar. I see that the temperature varies between a max of 13 deg and min of 4 deg celsius. Does it mean that reasonable amount of winter clothing will be needed ? Also I see that the rainfall increases markedly in March from Feb. Does it mean I should expect most of the days to be rainy / cloudy ? Also when it rains, does it pour (like Monsoon in India) or is it more like a drizzle ? Also should I take one of the Mt Fuji trips from Tokyo in case expecation is that the mountain will hide behind a cover of cloud ? Apology for so many questions but given that all are related to weather, though I should ask them in one place. Thank you for your help in advance.

6 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 8:14 AM

23 March to 30 march 2015

by effazainal Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi VTers,
      Anyone knows why are all hotels fully booked on these dates? 23-30march?
      I plan to travel on these dates n even bought tickets but I Cnt find any hotels in shinjuku, ueno n afew more..

15 Answers Feb 6, 2015 at 2:10 AM

Hotels around Sakura hatagaya in shinjiku

by effazainal Online Now Feb 1, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Hi VTers,
      I have just receive an email that this hotel Sakura hatagaya is fully booked! :(
      Can anyone suggest any hotels nearby it? In shinjiku preferably ? As it's convenient to get halal food.
      Affordable rates not more than 12,000yen
      Pls help meeee

3 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Disneyland n disney sea

by effazainal Online Now Feb 1, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Does anyone know of discounts ticket into disneyland plsss? I don't think my budget allows me to take the day pass.

Any halal restaurabt in disneyland or sea?

2 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 9:51 AM

virgin trip to Tokyo for 6 nights

by effazainal Online Now Feb 1, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Hello VTers,
      It's my virgin trip to tokyo Japan in late March and I have Afew questions in mind;

1) I need help on recommendation of 3* hotels within distance of halal eateries n preferably train station.
      Was looking in e area of shinjuku but I'm open for other options too

2) is there any airport shuttle from the airport to hotel? Or maybe shared transportation from airport to hotel for 4 adults?
      3) which telco service(data) for a week is affordable to buy and where can I buy those SIM card? Advisable to get from airport?
      4) is there any tourist card for transportation that I cn purchase since we will be travelling a lot using public?
      5) the Sakura flowers season is coming, where is the best place to see ? Preferably free parks ?
      6) I was planning for a trip to Mount Fuji.can I travel by public? Or is there any affordable tour packages that I cn purchase?
      Is full day enough?
      7)what are interesting places to go for cheap buys ?
      8) for someone who loves art, design n fashion.. Any recommendation of must-see places ?
      Thank you! I really hope awesome VTers like U can help me out.

6 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • Tokyo to Kyoto with Luggage

by asitava Online Now Jan 22, 2015 at 6:12 AM

Hi, I am arriving in Tokyo (Hilton, Shinjuku) in mid March from Dubai and after staying there for 7 days, I intend proceed to Kyoto for 6 days by Shinkansen for an experience. I will have two reasonably large suitcases. I understand the trains don't have much luggage space. In such a case, how do people generally travel between cities with luggage ? Many thanks in advance for your help.

3 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 4:19 PM
    • Tokyo, Japan

by ejazali90 Online Now Jan 20, 2015 at 9:19 AM

plz help me to find out the places for shopping of electronic gadgets in tokyo. thnxs

4 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 4:02 AM
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Capsule Hotel near Haneda Airport

by lucyguajardo Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Looking for a capsule hotel near Haneda Airport.. I saw First cabin option but I want the cabin experience..that one is different.

I will arrive late at night and I want to have a place that either has a shuttle or is easy to arrive via train (I will have the JR pass) if is safe for a woman to travel in the train at night.

I found few of them but they are only Men.. looking for one that accepts Female ...

Thanks.. any extra tips about tokyo/haneda/hotels/airport shuttle/JR lines will be appreciate it.. I can find my way around during the day but I want to be sure everything goes smooth on my arrival at night and have a safe place to sleep...

5 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM
    • AdelineWoo's Profile Photo

10 days in Tokyo

by AdelineWoo Online Now Dec 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM

My friends and I will be travelling to Tokyo on Jan 8th - 18th.. and we will go for ski at Yuzawa from Jan 11th til Jan 13th. We'll be back to Tokyo on Jan 13th.

We will be staying at Shinjuku for 2 days (Jan 9th & 10th) before proceeding to Ski at Yuzawa.
      Would anyone recommend places to get Ski gears before we proceed to Yuzawa for ski?

Is it advisable for us to go Tsujiki Fish Market on the Jan 9th or 10th? (how long does it take to travel from shinjuku to tsujiki market?)

Any places in particular that we shouldn't miss?

5 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 6:46 AM
    • AdelineWoo's Profile Photo

How do I get to Narisawa Restaurant from Shinjuku?

by AdelineWoo Online Now Dec 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM

I will be staying at 'Best Western Shinjuku Astina Hotel' (Add: Shinjuku-ku, Kabuki-Cho 1-2-9, Tokyo 160-0021, Japan) in Tokyo.

Can someone help to provide the shortest and most convenient way to Narisawa Restaurant (Add: Minami Ayoyama 2-6-15, Minato-ku Tokyo, 107-0062) through subways/train.

Thank you.

7 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 7:47 AM
    • Tokyo nightlife on a sunday?

by oli12313 Online Now Dec 27, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Me and my friends are looking for somewhere fun (bar, club etc.) for a Sunday night. It is our last night in Tokyo and I was hoping that someone might read this and recommend somewhere. Where is a good bet?

Thanks

3 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 7:52 PM
    • Last Min Trip- Urgent help needed for 7 day Tokyo itinerary

by lenore29 Online Now Dec 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

Need some urgent help. Last minute change in plans and I am now travelling to Tokyo with hubby and a 6 yr old girl from 8-14th Dec. I have some places in mind to cover and would be great if you could help string the itinerary together that is most efficient. I arrive at Narita Airport at 5pm on the 8th Dec. Thanks!!

Disneyland- 1 day
      Disney Sea- 1 day
      Universal Studios
      Tokyo Tower or Sky Tree
      Hakone (would I need to stay over if i want a full day in the gotemba outlet?)
      Mt Fuji
      Lake Ashi Pirate Ship Cruise
      Gotemba Premium Outlets- 1 day
      Shibuya, Ginza

Doughnut Plant & Magnolia Cupcake & Clinton Street Baking Company (when and how to include these three given their location)

Anything else that could fit in that I missed that you would recommend for a first timer? Pls suggest if any.

Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Higashi Nihonbashi Station Accessibility

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Nov 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I'm staying at Toyoko Inn Tokyo Nihonbashi. Will be departing via Haneda Airport and I'd done research on Hyperdia.com for the best train route to Haneda. Found departure from Higashi Nihonbashi Station to be the best (Requiring no change of train). I need to know whether there is any exit at this station which has elevator/escalator to street level? We have fairly large luggage and lugging down the stairs from street level would be fairly tough..

Thanks,
      Mel

3 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • Is it recommended to buy the JR-Pass

by Farystoh Online Now Nov 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Hi, I will be having my holiday in Tokyo from 30thDec to 6thJan. Im not quite sure how the JR-Pass works. Does it cover all the train fares around Tokyo ? And if i were to travel from Tokyo to Nagoya and maybe to Osaka, then return back to Tokyo via bullet train, does the JR-Pass covers the fare or must i purchase a different set of ticket ?

And also, do i need to buy the ticket online or is it available at tokyo ?
      Thank you very much :)

11 Answers Jan 29, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    • How do go to Suidobashi Grand Hotel from Narita airport Terminal 2

by XiaoJuan0507 Online Now Nov 3, 2014 at 5:36 AM

I'll be arriving at Narita Terminal 2 around 7am and i'll be staying at Suidobashi Grand Hotel.At 1st,my plan is take the limobus from airport to my hotel but i found that the boarding time for the 1st bus is 8am and then the 2nd bus is 3pm .I dont think i manage to take the 1st bus as i still need to buy the Suica card and collect my pocket wifi at post office. Is there any other way to reach my hotel before 2pm? Any suggestion ?

3 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 7:33 AM
    • Suidobashi Grand Hotel

by XiaoJuan0507 Online Now Nov 3, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Anyone stayed in Suidobashi Grand Hotel before? How's the review of this hotel? Is there free-wifi in the room of this hotel?

2 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    • Limo Service From Narita Airport to Imperial Hotel

by globallaurie Online Now Oct 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM

There are lots of limo services listed on the internet. Has anyone ever used one & if so which one & would you recommend to others?

3 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 11:04 PM
    • traveling from ana intercontinental to osinbashi cruise terminal

by AndyB108 Online Now Oct 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM

What is the best way to make this trip on a sunday?

2 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Vibrant Shinjuku

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Oct 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I'm going to Tokyo next month. Would like to visit a vibrant sector of Shinjuku with alleys, shops and cafes. I presume I can find these at Kabukicho? Never ventured east of Shinjuku, only done a bit of west and south. Can anyone recommend how to get there from the station? I don't really want to go to the seedy part of Kabukicho...

Tq!
      Mel

2 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 9:07 AM
    • good place to dine and celebrate at New years eve in Tokyo

by btruyers Online Now Oct 7, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Hey all, we (a couple around 30 years old) are travelling to Tokyo for new years eve celebrations and it seems it's not so easy to find a good spot to eat and celebrate on 31st of December. Is there anyone who knows a good restaurant (we prefer not to celebrate in big hotels) downtown where there is a special newyear's celebration or a newyear's eve menu and countdown? Thanks so much for your help in advance. Best regards,
      Barbara&Bert

2 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

Osaka to Tokyo

by fridz Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hi! Is it possible to go to Tokyo from Osaka then go back again after in one day? How long is the travel time? What line of train and how much is it? Thanks

5 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    • Shopping for clothing in October

by Mushmallow Online Now Sep 29, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I am planning for a trip to Tokyo from 18 to 26 Oct 2014.
      I would like to find out are most shopping areas in Tokyo still selling light clothing or are they only mostly sell winter wear?
      If there are places still selling casual, any advise where can I find?
      I am asking this because I need to plan how much currency to exchange.
      As I am staying in warm country- Singapore, I do not need to buy winter clothing.
      Therefore, if Tokyo is mostly selling cold wear in October, I do not need to exchange too much currency.

Hope to hear some advise.

3 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • Transport in Tokyo

by Janey2014 Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Hi guys. Help needed please. - again ! We will be in Tokyo for a few days in a couple of weeks and are trying to get our head round the transport system. We are staying in the Grand Pacific Le Daiba and would like to visit the Meiji Shrine, Tsukiji fish market, The Imperial Palace, Ginza, Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building and Aoyama Bochi. Any advice gratefully received

14 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • Sumo Meuseum

by Nadine30040 Online Now Aug 25, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Which is the best museum to visit ? Is the one in Asakusa interesting ?

2 Answers Aug 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

To buy a camera

by elpariente Online Now Aug 20, 2014 at 12:53 AM

During a trip to Japan, do you recommend to buy there a photo camera ?
      May I have guarantee problems in Spain ?
      Can I get the interface and instructions in Spanish or if not in English ?
      Are special shops to buy cameras for export ?
      May you recommend a place to buy it ?
      Thank you !!!
      Gracias !!!

12 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • tour in Tokyo

by ZeldaShap Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 9:35 AM

need several things. The best way to get from Tokyo to Otaru. The best way to gt from Narita to Tokyo and a good deal on a hotel in Tokyo for two to three nights starting on August 29th. Should I get a private guide to take me around Tokyo. Should I book in advance or should I depend on a guide from the hotel. Does anyone kno a guide?

7 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • PandawitchElphie's Profile Photo

Best Location to stay for a geeky couple

by PandawitchElphie Online Now Aug 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi. We're heading to Tokyo next year (I know... a year to plan is being OCD). We plan on hitting Disneyland and Disney Sea, Studio Ghibli Museum, and Akihabara. We also plan to go to Osaka for Universal Studios...

May I please know where the best location is to find a hotel that is a) easy access to the trains, b) can easily access all the places I mentioned (at least, the one with the most minimal train changes)?

I'd like to search for hotels but don't know which area to search in... maybe those of you who have had experience can help me pls?Thanks :)

4 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • tenluk's Profile Photo

Dinner at Yurakucho

by tenluk Online Now Aug 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM

This is the first time I am travelling to Japan, would like to ask about spending nightlife or dinner in Tokyo and I saw Yurakucho is great like we have in temple street Hongkong.
      1. Any experience of this area for dinner? is it expensive for tourist price?
      2. is it easy to find from Yurakucho JR station?
      3. what time the food vendors will close at Yurakucho Gado ***a
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    • Connections Narita - hotel and hotel - Yokohama (Cruise ship)

by humbug32 Online Now Jul 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I understand that there are airport buses that drop passengers at various hotels? Are these signposted in English and what is cost / frequency?
      Also, is there a similar service from Tokyo hotels to cruise ships at Yokohama?

2 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 9:25 AM