Tokyo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tourist sites outside Tokyo

by billybull Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 9:00 PM

will be 2 days in Tokyo before cruise. would like to be advised on areas of interest outside city.WOULD HAVE TO BE DAY TRIP SO CAN RETURN TO HOTEL OVERNIGHT.WOULD APPRECIATE HELP THANKS

7 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 11:47 PM
    • Tokyo to cruise port at Yokohama

by suebridges Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM

We need transportation for 4 people and their luggage from a downtown hotel in Tokyo to the cruise port at Yokohama on May 10th. Because of our ages and having luggage we do not want to take the train. Can we go by taxi and what would be the cost for 4 people...we would need a large taxi or van

4 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    • What are the various means of transportation available in the Japanese capital efficiently.

by jenifferellis Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi All,

I want to know about the various means of transportation around the Japanese capital. I got some information of Japanese train & list of train network listed below.

http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/

Can anyone tell me about this.

8 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    • Tere Ceballos

by terhelena Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM

How long will take to transfer from Narita to Yokohama cruise terminal?

4 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM
    • tsokoholic's Profile Photo

Tokyo and Tokohama

by tsokoholic Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Hi! Where is the best place to stay in Tokyo before going on to Yokohama to take a cruise? What is the easiest way to go to Yokohama from Shinjuku or Ginza area? Can anybody recommend a company that provides tour and transfers?

5 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 3:47 AM
    • Tour Company for Tokyo

by NancyKensic Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM

We will be in Tokyo May 7 - 10, 2014 and hope to take private tours for a party of four. Can anyone recommend a company in Tokyo to do local sites and also take the bullet train to Kyoto? Tried to book Backyard Group but they were all booked for our dates.

6 Answers 19 hours ago
    • Changing T/C's to cash at Narita Airport

by carlos501b Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 11:50 PM

I would like to change American Express Traveler's Cheques in Japanese Yen to Japanese Yen cash at Narita Airport.
      Will it be possible to do so ? Will it take a very long time (like say 2/3 hours) ? What sort of commission will I have to pay ? Thank you very much for any help offered.

5 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    • Tokyo - Osaka or Kyoto

by debweekes1 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Hi,
      My husband and I and another couple are doing a Princess cruise around Japan. We have decided to spend 3 nights in Tokyo and then 4 nights in Osaka or Kyoto. Never having been there or know much about the country I'd like other travelers opinions. Our age group early 50s.
      What to do in Tokyo?
      Should we stay in Osaka or Kyoto? Why?
      We all like to walk, like lovely food and aren't huge on tours.
      If you could help, we'd appreciate it.
      Thanks,
      Deborah

6 Answers 19 hours ago
    • luxury bags/goods

by wanerong88 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Hi, im from singapore..understand frm people that porter, agnes b, samatha thavasa is cheaper in tokyo...what else can i look out for?

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    • tokyo shopping

by wanerong88 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Hi, im from singapore, travelling to tokyo on 1st apr. May i know if there is any shopping with affordable prices like bugis street? or any recommended night market if there is?

5 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    • Cherry blossom tokyo in mid April?

by Jessicatemptation Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Dear all,

I know that the forecast already stated it will be around 6th of April for full bloom, I will be in tokyo from 22/4-2/5.
      Will I still be able to see it although is not a full bloom?

Saw this and stated there is some during mid April

japan-guide.com/e/e2011_spec...

Need advise thank you so much!

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM
    • SIM voice only

by yelsamadisy Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Hi there,
      I'm going to Japan for 2 weeks (temp visa) & would like to rent NANO sim for my unlocked iPhone 5s to call internationally (voice ONLY) without getting online.

Any recommendations for the best economic options / service provider, pls

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • Luggage and transportation

by lodirush Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM

We are staying at the hotel Niwa 1-1-16 Misaki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo. What is the cheapest way to get there without having to carry alot of luggage all over from Narita. I have looked at several maps and I still don't know the best way to get there. Have I mentioned that I'm also cheap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • train tickets

by kcnaguit Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 6:05 AM

hi, we will go to tokyo in april/may for 5 days, we are a family of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids ages 10 yo and 13 yo)
      we will be based in shinjuku, and plan to go to shibuya, ginza, tsukiji, akihabara, and ueno.
      what will be the best train ticket to buy for this trip?
      thanks

3 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    • Purchasing Go Stones

by Rag1fla Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM

I will be traveling to Tokyo and want to purchase shell Go stones. Can someone suggest a good place to buy them?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    • Travel to Arimatsu

by Traveller3868 Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 5:36 PM

What is the easiest and quickest way to travel to Arimatsu from Tokyo?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

How Many Days in Tokyo Prior to Japan Tour.

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM

We are about to sign up for a 10 day Highlights of Japan Tour departing mid May this year. Tour commences with 2 nights Tokyo one being arrival day, then onto Hakone (1), Takayama (2), Kyoto (4) includes day trip to Hiroshima.

Tokyo tour description: "A carefully crafted walking tour immerses you in the tantalizing streets of Tokyo, including dazzling Harajuku and the peaceful Rikyu Garden. Look down on the city from the Tokyo Tower and take a stunning river cruise to Asakusa."

Tour hotel Tokyo: Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa, which is close to the Shinagawa Train Station, which I am told is a handy location.

I would think we need 2 or 3 nights pre tour to gain an appreciation of Tokyo ( we are not limited on days and could extend to 5 days if there is sufficient sightseeing), we like to explore the city streets , some shopping, eat local foods, visit one or two museums but not spend days inside museums. Appreciate any suggestions re " must see or do".

We could even take a day trip to other towns / cities - Any Suggestions!

For our pre tour days in Tokyo what train pass would you recommend to move around Tokyo?

Anything we should be aware of, eg public holiday closures during May, strikes, bad weather.

We live in Perth Western Australia, day temperature presently peaks anywhere between 32C and 40C and will be like this for several more months. What should we expect Japan May 2014?

6 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM
    • rohita67's Profile Photo

SUICA and PASMO card

by rohita67 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM

-

7 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    • DIsneyland or DisneySEA? And which hotel to stay?

by mcrayjohn Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Hi there!

I am planning to make a travel to Tokyo. I am stuck in between Disneyland or DisneySEA. I have been to Hong Kong Disneyland, just wanting to know is TDL same as HKDL? And what is the main difference between Disneyland and DisneySEA?

In addition, I am also planning to stay there. I know Disneyland itself have Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, Miracosta and Ambassador Hotel. Which one is the best among the three?

Thank you for your time!

6 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 2:31 AM
    • JoannM's Profile Photo

Tokyo what area to stay

by JoannM Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 9:59 PM

We are going to Tokyo for the first and probably last time this September. We will be in Tokyo for 5 days prior to getting on our cruise ship that will travel to Mt Fuji and other areas.
      My husband is 77 and I am 73 we love to walk. We want to see culture and history and gardens and temples.
      I need advice on were to stay (not real expensive) and how do I find a tour guide that can show us the Tokyo history.
      Is the Hop On Hop Off Bus worth doing with a language barrier?

14 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 10:37 PM
    • Recommended restaurant in Tokyo

by tetsuwada Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Hi,
      I will guide my American friends through Tokyo. What's your recommended restaurant to enjoy with them?
      They love to drink Sake, and hope to go to Izaka-ya which is crowded with local people.
      Hopefully it costs under 5000 yen per person.

6 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    • Martinez_83's Profile Photo

Tokyo - best way to travel around many destinations.

by Martinez_83 Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Hi all!!!

After many, many years of dreaming about trip to Tokyo I have finally decided to do it this year and together with my fiancee we will be traveling to Tokyo this April for +/- 2 weeks. After visiting quite a few websites and looking through few travel guides about Tokyo we have decided to split our trip between Tokyo (5-7 days), Kyoto (2 days) and Kamakura, Nikko, Hakkone and Mt Fuji (1 day each). With that in mind can someone be so kind to advise what would be best and reasonably priced way to travel around those destinations? Are there any set-priced tickets which we could use throughout our whole stay which would incl. all our side trips?

Many thanks in advance for all replies.

17 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    • Where should I stay?

by nscalone Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Hello Everyone

I am planning on visiting Tokyo towards the end of March. I am a bit overwhelmed by all the different hotels, airbnb, and couchsurfers available. To narrow down my search, I am asking what prefect I would get the most from staying.

I am late 20's male looking to explore the cherry blossoms, the metro, architecture, parks, and temples during the day. At night I would definitely be looking for very lively bars and clubs catering to either tourists or locals.

Thank you all
      -Nick

3 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • mamores's Profile Photo

Lodging in Tokyo

by mamores Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 7:42 PM

My husband and I are planning on going to Bangkok but we want to stop in Tokyo for 2-3 days. (we will be flying from Newark, NJ) What would be a good "not too expensive" place to stay? We are on a budget trip but we are aware that Tokyo is a very expensive city. We have traveled around the world and we don't really mind about fancy 5 stars hotels, we only need a clean and safe place to sleep. Thank you!

12 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    • 4 Days / 5 nights in Tokyo

by Urbanomad Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Hi, We are a group of 6 adults and 2 children travelling to Japan in April. We are planning on staying 4 days (1 day will be for Kamakura visit) / 5 nights in Tokyo. We will than go to Kyoto and spend 4 and a half days in Kyoto in which one of these days will be spent visiting Nara.

I would like to know based on other travelers experience if this allocation of days seams sufficient? Can we see the best of Tokyo in 3 full days or should we forget about Kamakura (since we will be spending some days in Kyoto visiting gardens and temples) and spend 4 full days in Tokyo?

Thank you!

5 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    • tokyo cherry blossom

by 3tt3n3n Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Hi! Me and my friends are planning to go to Japan this year. It will be our first time to visit Japan. When is the best time to visit Tokyo for the cherry blossom?

3 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    • halal restaurant

by adieyadlin Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM

we are students from Malaysia will go to Tokyo under education trip. can anyone provide us with cheap and halal restaurants that are available there? if possible, we would go to restaurants that are near with places that we are going to visit : yoyogi park, tokyo tower, embassy, disneyland, mount fuji and meiji university

4 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • laarnisp28's Profile Photo

Narita-Kyoto-Tokyo-Narita

by laarnisp28 Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Hi VT,

I need help,never been to Japan. Me and my daughter will stop by in Japan for few days . We are hoping to catch the Cherry Blossoms. I need your suggestions and recommendations please.

Intineraries:

April 10 - Arrive in Narita at 5pm -enroute to Kyoto (travel time please) Is there a concierge in the airport so we don't have to bring all our luggages, How much per day? Please advise how to get to Kyoto,fare,hotels (Any recommendation - average hotel)

April 11- Universal Studio how to get there and fare

April 12 - enroute to Tokyo in the morning how to get to the hotel from Kyoto. I am looking into Grand Pacific Le Daiba to stay for few nights ( free shuttle to DisneySea) half day city tour in the afternoon

April-13 - Mt Fuji and Hakone Tour April- 14 - DisneySea
      April -15 - enroute to Narita Airport

Thanks,

laarnisp28

22 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Single lady travel

by Leapos Online Now Dec 14, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Hi all, I have been to Tokyo twice with a friend but am now planning to visit on my own next September. I guess I'm looking for advice on visiting Tokyo as a single lady. Is there anything I should or shouldn't do, any places I should stay as I've always stayed in a hotel before? Ideally I'd like to take in as much of Tokyo as possible in my two week visit & maybe even see a band if possible & I definitely want to see some baseball (loved this last time I went). However I'm not 100% sure how to go about this on my own so any advice would be really great. Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    • Cherry Blossoms

by nscalone Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Where is the best place in Tokyo to see temples and cherry blossoms when they are in season?

8 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM