Will be travelling (2pax) to Tokyo Dec 6-12...or 11..still fixing itinerary.
1. Can anyone recommend a hotel that is convenient for subway travel?
2. We plan to visit disneyland and disneysea???...will two days be enough? How do we get to these resports from the city?
3. Would there be time to get to Osaka universal studios as well and catch an afternoon flight from Tokyo maybe on the 11th then stay at an airport hotel in tokyo for a morning flight leaving Tokyo on te 12th?
I've been to Tengu Izakaya branch at Shinjuku Minami Guchi and quite like it. I read that there are many branches but I can't find the store locator. Would like to find one near my hotel which is located at Tennozu Isle. I even read somewhere that there is a branch at Shinagawa. However, not a detailed description of the exact location.
Would anyone be able to help, please?
Wil there be no problem at the airport if I bring my food supplements?
I'll be bringing some yen when I go to Japan this month and just exchange my currency to yen when I'm already in Tokyo. Will this be easy to do? Or should I exchange more yen now? What about withdrawing from ATMs? I don't want to bring so much cash. Can I also use a debit card in paying for hotel, etc?
Hi, I am planning to visit Japan with my son who is 12. I am slightly worried after looking into it because of the many 'erootic' and rude things on display at shops right in the front door. Also as my son will want to visit game shops (He loves retro games and I gave him an old SEGA for his birthday). Should I worry?
Where can I buy a reasonable cat or kitten in Tokyo?
Hi, I will be travelling to Tokyo with young kids. Is it too adventurous to try to go to Hakone and stay a night in a ryokan from Tokyo then come back the next day to check in to a Disney hotel? this is assuming I use Takuhaibin to send our baggage from the Tokyo hotel to Disney and then travel light to Hakone. Will it still be challenging with young kids?
Thanks for any advice!
Are there any large supermarket style superstores in Tokyo that sell a varied range of goods - I'm thinking of stores similar to Walmart in the US or Tesco in the UK, I realise that these type of stores might be on the outskirts of the city, but If it is close to a subway or train station that would be great
I'm not looking for anything in particular, I just wan't to have a look around at the different products available in Japan.
Also, are there any other large discount style shops - similar to the large Don Quijote store in Asakusa.
Thanks for any advice
I will be in Tokyo on a Sunday and will be coming in from Narita airport around 2pm. I would like to maximize my day so after check in I am thinking of going to:
1) Meiji Shrine - I have read somewhere that it's closed on Mondays but the shrine's website says it's open daily. I also know that I can reach either via Metro (Shinjuku-sanchome station- Meijijingumae station) or JR Line (Shinjuku-Harajuku station). I'm confused on how to reach the shrine after I exit either of the 2 stations. Google shows that it will be a 25 min walk from either stations to the entrance of the Shrine. The website of Meiji Shrine says it will be a 1min walk to the South gate. Which is which? Also, is an hour enough to really enjoy Meiji shrine?
2) Harajuku/Takeshita Dori - After I exit Meiji Shrine
3) Omotesando- for Number Sugar/Omotesando Koffee/Crayon House (have their vegetarian buffet for dinner) Japanese food is my favorite! : )
4) Shibuya - do I still have time? If I don't I can do this the next day.
To reach Tokyu Stay Shinjuku I will take the NEX to:
1) Tokyo Station - transfer to Metro (Marunouchi line) - Shinjuku-Sanchome station - exit and reach hotel on 1 min walk.
2) Shinjuku station which I believe is connected to Shinjuku-Sanchome. I am not sure how far a walk this will be. I will be bringing a luggage although wheeled and small size. Tokyo station seems daunting to a first-timer like me.
Which is the better way?
Will be visiting Tokyo on May17 and I would like to stay in Asakusa district. But I am having a hard time finding a non-smoking twin room. I am ok with a budget hotel as long as it is clean and in a safe area.
Can anyone please tell me if I can store a small bag in the luggage lockers at Tokyo Station for 7 days, and if so how much could this cost.
Would anyone know if electronic cigarettes are allowed in Tokyo indoors and out? I'm going in the summer and don't really want to stat smoking again. Cheers
Does anyone know where to buy cute and affordable lingerie in Tokyo?
Is there a direct train that goes there?
Also, what will be the easiest method?
We are travelling as a couple to Tokyo for the first time for a 3 day and a half trip. We are staying in Ginza. Could anyone suggest things to do and places to go? Like make an itinerary for us please?
We would like to go to Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harujuku, Asakusa.
Cool themed cafes, places to shop and buy make-up and we love anime.
Look forward to your replies! Thanks!
PS. Does the subway have English?
hi! is there a train ticket for tourists that can be used around tokyo for 7 days?
I went to Tokyo a couple of years ago and took this photo (attached). I've now made a big acrylic painting of it and now I want to know the name of the street, or at least the area.
Can somebody help me? I remember there was an indoor food market quite close to this and I think I bought some good sake bottles in this area as well.
Hi, wanted to know what is the best way to go to Disneysea from Hilton Shinjuku. Is it better to take a metro from Nishi-Shninjuku to Tokyo station and then take a JR train or is it better to take a metro from Tochomae to Yoyogi and take a bus to Disney Resort ? From Google Earth, I see that the Yoyogi station does not have overbridge. Does Yoyogi have a subway to cross the railway track ? Apology for asking boring questions, but small details help. Thanks in advance for the answers.
Hi, I will be in Tokyo (with my wife and a 9 yr old son) from 14th - 21st Mar and in Kyoto 21st Mar - 27th Mar. I see that the temperature varies between a max of 13 deg and min of 4 deg celsius. Does it mean that reasonable amount of winter clothing will be needed ? Also I see that the rainfall increases markedly in March from Feb. Does it mean I should expect most of the days to be rainy / cloudy ? Also when it rains, does it pour (like Monsoon in India) or is it more like a drizzle ? Also should I take one of the Mt Fuji trips from Tokyo in case expecation is that the mountain will hide behind a cover of cloud ? Apology for so many questions but given that all are related to weather, though I should ask them in one place. Thank you for your help in advance.
Anyone knows why are all hotels fully booked on these dates? 23-30march?
I plan to travel on these dates n even bought tickets but I Cnt find any hotels in shinjuku, ueno n afew more..
I have just receive an email that this hotel Sakura hatagaya is fully booked! :(
Can anyone suggest any hotels nearby it? In shinjiku preferably ? As it's convenient to get halal food.
Affordable rates not more than 12,000yen
Pls help meeee
Does anyone know of discounts ticket into disneyland plsss? I don't think my budget allows me to take the day pass.
Any halal restaurabt in disneyland or sea?
It's my virgin trip to tokyo Japan in late March and I have Afew questions in mind;
1) I need help on recommendation of 3* hotels within distance of halal eateries n preferably train station.
Was looking in e area of shinjuku but I'm open for other options too
2) is there any airport shuttle from the airport to hotel? Or maybe shared transportation from airport to hotel for 4 adults?
3) which telco service(data) for a week is affordable to buy and where can I buy those SIM card? Advisable to get from airport?
4) is there any tourist card for transportation that I cn purchase since we will be travelling a lot using public?
5) the Sakura flowers season is coming, where is the best place to see ? Preferably free parks ?
6) I was planning for a trip to Mount Fuji.can I travel by public? Or is there any affordable tour packages that I cn purchase?
Is full day enough?
7)what are interesting places to go for cheap buys ?
8) for someone who loves art, design n fashion.. Any recommendation of must-see places ?
Thank you! I really hope awesome VTers like U can help me out.
Hi, I am arriving in Tokyo (Hilton, Shinjuku) in mid March from Dubai and after staying there for 7 days, I intend proceed to Kyoto for 6 days by Shinkansen for an experience. I will have two reasonably large suitcases. I understand the trains don't have much luggage space. In such a case, how do people generally travel between cities with luggage ? Many thanks in advance for your help.
plz help me to find out the places for shopping of electronic gadgets in tokyo. thnxs
Looking for a capsule hotel near Haneda Airport.. I saw First cabin option but I want the cabin experience..that one is different.
I will arrive late at night and I want to have a place that either has a shuttle or is easy to arrive via train (I will have the JR pass) if is safe for a woman to travel in the train at night.
I found few of them but they are only Men.. looking for one that accepts Female ...
Thanks.. any extra tips about tokyo/haneda/hotels/airport shuttle/JR lines will be appreciate it.. I can find my way around during the day but I want to be sure everything goes smooth on my arrival at night and have a safe place to sleep...
My friends and I will be travelling to Tokyo on Jan 8th - 18th.. and we will go for ski at Yuzawa from Jan 11th til Jan 13th. We'll be back to Tokyo on Jan 13th.
We will be staying at Shinjuku for 2 days (Jan 9th & 10th) before proceeding to Ski at Yuzawa.
Would anyone recommend places to get Ski gears before we proceed to Yuzawa for ski?
Is it advisable for us to go Tsujiki Fish Market on the Jan 9th or 10th? (how long does it take to travel from shinjuku to tsujiki market?)
Any places in particular that we shouldn't miss?
I will be staying at 'Best Western Shinjuku Astina Hotel' (Add: Shinjuku-ku, Kabuki-Cho 1-2-9, Tokyo 160-0021, Japan) in Tokyo.
Can someone help to provide the shortest and most convenient way to Narisawa Restaurant (Add: Minami Ayoyama 2-6-15, Minato-ku Tokyo, 107-0062) through subways/train.
Me and my friends are looking for somewhere fun (bar, club etc.) for a Sunday night. It is our last night in Tokyo and I was hoping that someone might read this and recommend somewhere. Where is a good bet?
Need some urgent help. Last minute change in plans and I am now travelling to Tokyo with hubby and a 6 yr old girl from 8-14th Dec. I have some places in mind to cover and would be great if you could help string the itinerary together that is most efficient. I arrive at Narita Airport at 5pm on the 8th Dec. Thanks!!
Disneyland- 1 day
Disney Sea- 1 day
Tokyo Tower or Sky Tree
Hakone (would I need to stay over if i want a full day in the gotemba outlet?)
Lake Ashi Pirate Ship Cruise
Gotemba Premium Outlets- 1 day
Doughnut Plant & Magnolia Cupcake & Clinton Street Baking Company (when and how to include these three given their location)
Anything else that could fit in that I missed that you would recommend for a first timer? Pls suggest if any.
Thanks for your help.