Tokyo Travel Answers

change location
p_yenyen's Profile Photo

Things to do and hotel recommendation

by p_yenyen Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 6:04 AM

I will be arriving Tokyo on 26th March at 4.55pm in Narita and will be leaving back to KL via Haneeda on 27th March 11.55pm. Since i will be travelling from different airport, what would be the best hotel recommendation. Any recommendation on things to do on 26th March night and whole day on 27th March?

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • stamporama's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do and hotel recommendation

by stamporama Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM

The 2 Tokyo airports are serviced by the Airport Limousine Bus which is reasonable priced and drops off passengers at many hotels. This could prove more convenient than taking the subway especially you'll lots of bags with you. Check their website: http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

In the website you will see a tab labelled 'Hotel Guide' so you may see and choose which hotels are serviced by these buses.

As for things to do, since you'll arrive in the evening, the most likely thing to recommend is to eat authentic Japanese cuisine. Check out the Tokyo VT pages for specific recommendations. For the next morning, you could visit the popular Asakusa shrine and the many souvenir stalls outside it. In the afternoon, you might want to shop at the Ginza or Shibuya area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • shrimp56's Profile Photo

by shrimp56 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Narita is far outside the city, Haneda is closer. You have 2 options as I see it. 1. Stay in Tokyo and enjoy the next day before you head for Haneda. Here's some info on getting back out to Haneda http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html It looks as though staying near Tokyo Station might work best, 2. Stay at Narita and then visit the town of Narita, often described as a hidden gem Narita Travel Guide

• p_yenyen's Profile Photo

by p_yenyen Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Thanks Stamporama for the recommendation. This will work better for me especially when i have lots of bags. I will be in transit and heading off to United states on 8th March.

Shrimp56: Will check that out.. Thanks for the advice. :)

• SfumatoPants's Profile Photo

by SfumatoPants Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Visit my homepage for answers to your questions:

"My Guide To Japan" - SfumatoPants's Profile

• dru46's Profile Photo

by dru46 Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Since you are arriving in Narita and departing from Haneda, and on different days, I don't recommend the Airport Limousine, with one caveat. If your hotel is on the Airport Limousine line, it is good. I would recommend something in the Shinagawa or Hamamatsucho area. Shinagawa is pretty close to Haneda and makes it easy to get there. It is also on the Narita Express so it is pretty easy to get there from Narita too.

Hamamatsucho is very convenient for Haneda but not as convenient for Narita. Be sure to find a hotel that isn't a hike to the station. Some of the hotels there are near Tokyo Bay and aren't very convenient, especially if you are coming off of a long flight. Sfumatopants often recommends staying in the Shinbashi area. Some of his hotel recommendations are close to Hamamatsucho (between Shinbashi and Hamamatsucho). This is a good place to stay too, although depending on how much luggage you have, may not be much fun.

As for what to do, eat eat eat and eat. In Shinagawa, not much to see, so head north. Shinbashi is a good area to look around. Lots of restaurants but may be a little intimidating if you are shy. There is a LOT of food you can eat. I would consider visiting the Hamarikyu Gardens (there is an admission charge). That or going to Zojoji. It is a nice temple. Ginza is good if you want to do high end shopping and the Marunouchi area is good if you want to see some modern architecture. The Tokyo Station building on the Marunouchi side is nice too.

You do have time to go up to Asakusa and Ueno if you really wanted to, but I prefer leisure travel and that would be a bit rushed for my own personal tastes.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines