Togo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mail address of TBCI Bank

Lome Apr 2, 2014 at 5:23 AM

can you write me the mail address of bank: TBCI-Bank, Boulevard 13,Janvier, Lome-Togo,Africa ?

3 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Safety concerns

Togo Feb 27, 2014 at 1:31 AM

I'm an Indian planning to relocate to Lome, Togo, I just want to know how safe the city is to work..?

1 Answer Feb 27, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • traveling alone

Kara Oct 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM

It sounds like Kara is very safe. Would you say safe enough for a woman, 67 years of age to travel alone?

2 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Elections could disrupt travelling?

Togo Nov 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Hi there!
      I'm thinking to travel to Togo this winter, starting from Ghana, but read that it's elections time shortly, for both countries, and I worry if this can be a difficult period with unrest etc before or after elections date.
      Do you think it is better to wait and see, or hopefully it's not a big enough thing to disrupt travel of foreigners or to cause safety concerns?
      Many thanks !!
      Nikos

6 Answers Dec 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    • LGG51's Profile Photo

Fetish Market in Lomé

Prefecture de Lome Sep 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Anyone having the adress/street/location of the fetish market?

3 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    • LGG51's Profile Photo

Bus station Lomé

Lome Sep 23, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Can anyone tell me where the bus station for buses to Accra is?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    • tina4smart's Profile Photo

A trip to Togo...

Lome Dec 6, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Can someone share his trip to Togo?

7 Answers Dec 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    • Short holiday to West-Africa

Togo Dec 30, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Any advice and tips on a short vacation to Africa? I have less than 14 days and want to see as much as possible and also relax on the beach before I go home. I have thought of West-Africa, f.ex Togo/Benin or Senegal. I speak a little bit french, so it might be OK. Any suggestions? Where do I find voodoo ceremonies? And where do I find a place to relax on the beach? Should I arrange visa before I travel, or can it be done at arrival on the airport/border crossing? My budget is hopefully less than 80-100 USD a day.

6 Answers Feb 22, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    • drj3's Profile Photo

Language Barrier

Togo Jun 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I am planning a short travel period through Togo (and Benin) which I know are primarily French-speaking and local language. Unfortunately, I am English-speaking only (w/ survival arabic, spanish & german), am I going to be able to "get by"? I've traveled enough to know that charades/universal hand signals are a wonderful thing and usually I run into enough people that speak/understand English to some degree.... but from what I am reading--this is not the case in these two countries. Is being monolinguistic/non-French speaking a deal-breaker for basic and brief travel in these countries?

2 Answers Jun 29, 2010 at 5:09 AM
    • Tour guides

Togo Mar 1, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Will be in Lome one day May 2010 aboard a cruise ship, can somebody recommend a tour company? Thanks

1 Answer Mar 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    • Travel in Togo

Togo Sep 21, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Some friends of mine went to Togo three years ago and they told me it was a bit hectic travelling with the 'taxi brousse' over a long distance. I've been told that there is now a bus leaving Lome and going to the north, maybe Sokode or Kara. Does anyone know anything about this?

2 Answers Jun 29, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    • Haj

Kara Aug 15, 2008 at 6:03 AM

Assalamu Alaikum Brother/Sister,

I'm workig in UAE and i need to send my parenets for Haj this year insha allah. Im finding a safe journey and guide package for Haj, Hence please give me your package detail if you doing.

Thanks,
      Hiraz

• bushbaby's Profile Photo

ATMs

Togo Apr 27, 2007 at 7:42 PM

What is the situation regards Bank ATM machine availability in Lome? and if any what networks/ card types do they accept? VISA, Interac, etc???
      thanks

2 Answers Jun 29, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    • Travel Tips

Togo Oct 4, 2006 at 3:47 PM

My son is doing a project for his middle school geography class about Togo. He has to create a travel brochure for Togo, and some of the stuff that is required is fairly easy to find with the internet, but there are a couple of items that are just vague enough, that they are difficult to find.

What type of clothing is typical for the men and women of Togo?

What should a man or woman pack to wear in Togo?

What types of food are found there, and is there a traditional recipe that anyone would like to share?

I saw that there are many types of restaurants, but what type are the most popular? French? African?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Pngwn

2 Answers Oct 30, 2008 at 6:54 AM
    • SAGADA FINANCIAL AND OTHER CONCERNS...

Sagada May 6, 2006 at 8:58 PM

hello, friends!
      i'm new in this site but i have read your posts and they are really helpful.
      i'd like, however, to ask for updated information regarding costs and places to visit in sagada. my friends and i (a group of 13) are planning a sagada trip on may 11-15. (that is, we'll leave manila on the night of may 11 and arrive in manila on the dawn of may 15.

it's not my first time to go to sagada, but this time, we are planning to take the manila-banaue-bontoc-sagada route, which i haven't tried before.

i'm told that there is now a 7pm autobus trip from manila to banaue but i don't know what to expect after that.

here are a few questions:
      1) HOW MUCH IS THE AUTOBUS FARE AND WHAT TIME DO WE GET TO BANAUE?
      2) IF WE WANT TO SEE THE TERRACES, WHAT DO WE DO/WHERE DO WE GO? HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST? DO WE NEED A GUIDE? WHERE COULD WE GET CHEAP FOOD?
      3) HOW DO WE GET TO BONTOC AND THEN TO SAGADA? HOW MUCH IS THE FARE AND HOW LONG IS THE TRIP?

i have already reserved rooms for us at st. joseph's inn (200/person/night for rooms with communal toilet/bath) but i'm concerned about the costs of food and tours. here are a few questions again:
      1) HOW MUCH WOULD A TOUR FOR 13 PEOPLE COST? WHAT PLACES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND WE VISIT (A LOT OF MY FRIENDS ARE FIRST-TIMERS)? DO YOU HAVE CONTACT INFO OF A TRUSTED TOUR GUIDE WE COULD GET IN TOUCH WITH?
      2) WHERE DO WE GET CHEAP FOOD?

i'm really looking forward to your replies. badly needed. :-) as much as we'd like to, we only have one whole day to tour sagada and we really want to make the most of the experience. since most of us are working, a very short weekend is all we can spare.

thank so much, in advance. :-)

• Chaga's Profile Photo

Coming to Togo in January

Togo Nov 8, 2005 at 12:10 PM

Hi all,
      I will probably be heading to Togo towards January for some volunteer work.
      I have a couple of contacts so far to work with, but I already had bad experiences with that. I went to China supposedly to start working with a school and then they told me that they already got some other people, but I was fortunate enough to find another school.
      So I was wondering about the possibility to find NGOs or other associations to work with in case my contacts turn out "bogus".
      And any other information about this lovely country that I am eager to discover would be more than welcome (lodging, cost of living, food...).
      Thanks.
      PS: I am planning on staying from 3-6 months and interested in helping in the education and ecology sectors.

2 Answers Nov 9, 2005 at 8:41 PM
    • Visa?

Togo May 24, 2005 at 8:44 PM

I live in Israel (but hold a US passport) where there is no Togalese Embassy. I have seen some reports that you can get a visa at the boarder. Does anyone know if this is true? I will be arriving by by land from Ghana.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2007 at 6:15 AM
    • Visiting Togo

Togo Jan 11, 2003 at 4:05 AM

Will be visiting Lome with my wife end February. Any hints re do's & dont's, where to go, what to see, etc.??

2 Answers Jan 14, 2003 at 1:05 AM