Tofino

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Activities for 9 year old granddaughter

Victoria May 18, 2015 at 12:13 PM

My 9 year old granddaughter will be traveling with me for a Grandma/Granddaughter trip in a few weeks, staying in the Inner Harbor area. I've been to the area several times with my husband and am familiar with the regular spots; fisherman's wharf, Beacon Hill Park, Royal BC Museum,Empress Tea Room, Parliament Bldg.,etc. Would like some suggestions for some unusual things to do that would be of interest to a 9 year old who loves art, music, history. We will have 3 full days and will have a car. Any festivals happening the week of May 25?

more
    • indyblu's Profile Photo

arriving may 2015

Queen Charlotte May 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM

hey
      me and my girlfriend are coming up from vancouver for a week end of may, whats the best way to travel around?
      thanks

more
    • Qualicum Beach Accommodations Recommendations Wanted

Qualicum Beach May 3, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a place to stay in Qualicum Beach for 2 fairly quiet adults--something comfortable not too pricey--pool, close to beach, firepit, kitchenette...would be nice

more
    • Where do I leave my clothes when going to the wreck beach

Vancouver May 24, 2015 at 1:34 AM

hi, this is a question that came to my head and I was surprised that no website answers the question of where to put the clothes when on the wreck beach. I haven't been to the Wreck beach before. I plan to visit there soon next month and stroll the beach in the nude. If I drive, is it fine to leave them in the car and be naked during the walk to the beach? What do folks who take the public transport do? Are there lockers to rent? Should I be worried that they can get stolen if I just leave them on the beach and stroll from end to end?

May be I am concerned over nothing and there may a practical solution to it but I rather be prepared than sorry.

Thank you,
      Annie

more
    • I am searching for a house-boat to rent or a great hotel on the waterfront of Victoria

Victoria Apr 30, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Is here anybody who knows a great houseboat that I could rent or maybe a fancy Hotel directely on the waterfront in Victoria !?
      Thank you very much !

more
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Area related to Port

Vancouver May 15, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Can someone please tell me what area the Port is located? North, south?? We will be arriving a few days early for a cruise and staying a few after to rent motorcycles…. Looking to stay in a nice area but somewhat close to catch our boat

Thanks a bunch wheretonext...

more
    • Chesterman Beach

by amarylis49 Online Now Sep 12, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Hi--I am thinking of visiting Tofino in May. Will Chesterman Beach be crowded at that time? I am considering renting a Chesterman Beach cabin. I am looking for solitude and quiet.

Thank you

6 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    • seeing bears in eraly october

by michelleava Online Now Sep 16, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I will be in tofino oct 4 -8 and want to see bears. Is it too late in the year to see them in Clayoquot sound or barkley sound/ Broken islands? I was going to take one of the boat tours. I have been told they go upstream, so if this is the case, where could i see them? Also, is it a good time of year to see seals and sealions and whales?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    • driving one way to Vancouver Island

by maureenmc1 Online Now Jan 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM

We're returning to Vancouver Island and would like to try flying to Tofino this time to somewhat shorten the long travel day from eastern USA. We still want to drive back to Vancouver International because the drive is so beautiful, but can't seem to find a car rental willing to do a one way even with a surcharge. Someone must have done this before, haven't they?

2 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 2:32 AM
    • JAN53's Profile Photo

PORT HARDY TO TOFINO

by JAN53 Online Now Jun 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Can anyone who has driven from Port Hardy to Tofino tell us how long this would take and give us any tips for the journey.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    • Tofino Wedding HELP!!

by lilmsvidal Online Now Feb 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Hey, my name is Jenn my fiance Jamie and I fell in love in Tofino and now we want to get married there. Only problem is we need to find a beach some what private where we can have the ceremony, any suggestions? We will be going to Tofino in May (haven't been there since July '06) its a well deserved trip.
      Do you know any one who has been married on the beach in Tofino, do they have any tips/ pointers.

Thanks for listening...

Jenn

• May Tofino Trip

by OpusKrokus Online Now Jan 18, 2008 at 2:29 PM

A Buddy and I are thinking of going to Tofino on the May long weekend to do some sea kayaking. I was wondering if anyone had some information on good guides, routes, places to stay. We would like to stick with day trips and head back to a cabin at nights.

• jgertz's Profile Photo

Tofino's weather/seasons/birdwatching and Botanical Bay

by jgertz Online Now Aug 11, 2006 at 11:47 AM

Good afternoon! I am planning to take my elderly mother, who is an avid birdwatcher to the west coast of Vancouver Island, either in October or next March or April. I want to avoid the high season prices and the crowds. I was in coastal British Columbia a couple of years ago in late October, but it was VERY rainy. I know how variable the weather can be in that region and the rain isn't a problem for me, but older folks get cold and cranky. Is early October a better time than March or early April for the drizzly wets?

I was to Port Renfrew and Botanical Bay much further south and to me that was as close to paradise as I have ever experienced. Is Tofino and the Long Beach area that beautiful? Any suggestions?

Thanks a million!

jay

4 Answers Oct 3, 2006 at 6:32 AM
    • Accomodation for 10 and surfing rental deals?

by Catherine_C Online Now Mar 18, 2006 at 11:11 PM

Hi there,
      I'm looking to accomodate up to 10 people in Tofino. I'm invisioning a cabin with a kitchen and fireplace. Looking to stay for 3-4 nights in late August/September 2006. Doesn't need to be posh, just clean. I'm thinking30-60/per person per night- if that's possible.

We will be surfing during those days. Are you aware of any surfing companies that offer deals for groups of 8-10 people (I'm thinking 1 class on the first day and 2-3 days of rental)?

Thank you kindly for your help!
      Catherine

3 Answers Sep 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    • arohb's Profile Photo

two days and one night in Tofino

by arohb Online Now Jul 12, 2005 at 10:32 PM

Hello,

We are a group of about 5 people planning to come to Tofino around 22nd-23rd of July. We plan to go surfing for sure. And as of now we plan to stay in "Whalers on the Point Guesthouse". However, I was wondering if there is any place in Tofino or close by where we can camp right by the sea on a beach. Any comments/help is highly appreciated.

Aroh

1 Answer Jul 13, 2005 at 4:49 PM
    • devmicha's Profile Photo

Hot Springs Cove

by devmicha Online Now Jun 26, 2004 at 11:57 PM

I live in Victoria and ii can trave to Tofino by car. I am trying to find out prices for the ferry from Tofino to Hot Springs Cove. Does anybody have any info? Devon

6 Answers Mar 17, 2006 at 11:57 AM