Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Day trip to Bolivia from San Pedro de Atacama?

San Pedro de Atacama Nov 11, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Are there any day trips across the border to Bolivia? Except Salar de Uyuni which is too far away. Are there any closer places, with beautiful nature, you should go to if you want to cross the border from San Pedro de Atacama?

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Less salt flat tours over Christmas and New Year?

San Pedro de Atacama Nov 13, 2015 at 2:13 PM

I just read this post:

"We do not sell any salt flats tours from Dec 23rd through to Jan 6th because of safety concerns. Specifially this is due to the high numer of incidences of drunk driving that occur on salt flats tours during this time."

Is that common for most of the tour operators this part the year? Is it hard to find any tour operator that will arrange a tour in the surroundings, not only Uyuni? I was planning a trip to San Pedro de Atacama at that time...

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Altitude in Atacama

San Pedro de Atacama Nov 6, 2015 at 2:52 PM

How do I deal with the altitude when touring in the Atacama desert? I will stay in San Pedro de Atacama and fly from Santiago (when arriving from Europe). Want to visit some lagoons, salt canyons etc. Don´t know exactly where yet.

Which places can I safely visit day 2 without getting ill? I don't know the altitude of all the famous places and how to deal with it. Do I have to rest a few days in San Pedro de Atacama before I go anywhere else in the area?