Tochigi-ken

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tere Ceballos

Yokohama Apr 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM

how long will take to transfer from airport to Yokohama cruise terminal?

more
    • yuet29's Profile Photo

Place to nojuku 野宿

Hiroshima Mar 31, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Anyone know about good place to nojuku in hiroshima? Anyone tried it before and any advise?

Thanks.

more
    • beauty treatment

Kofu Mar 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM

can i get eye brows threaded and tinted in kofu city?

more
    • zamami and aka islands 4 nights in july

Okinawa Mar 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I would be grateful for some real info on places to stay, I am not asking for much, but want an on suite as it is me and my 2 daughters, not to hear my neighbours and clean. I want to be near the action as they say and do not mind if japanese or western style beds. I have spent weeks looking at all of the reviews, but still not getting a clear picture, thanks for your help.

DRtraveler2014

more
    • Train from Haneda Airport to Tsuruoka and Shonai

Tsuruoka Apr 18, 2014 at 10:25 AM

What is the trip length and cost in U.S. dollars to take a train from Haneda Airport in Japan to Tsuruoka? How about from Haneda Airport to Shonai? Thank you.

more
    • Hagi Bus Tour

Hagi Mar 28, 2014 at 6:07 AM

A group of 9 of us would like to take a tour to Hagi on Saturday April 19th 2014. We are staying at the ANA Hotel in Ube. Are guided bus tours available?

more
    • Burg300's Profile Photo

Electronics in Nagasaki

Nagasaki Mar 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Is there a good electronics store near the cruse port to purchase electronics like iPads or tablets?

more
    • seal watching

Wakkanai Mar 23, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Is April a good month for a seal watching?

more
    • Transportation from Tempozan passenger Terminal to Kansai Int'l airport

Osaka Mar 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Is there an office or company on the Tempozan Passenger terminal to purchase bus, shuttle or
      any type of transportation to Kansai Int't airport...and how much? and do we need to make prior
      reservations? Do they have a email address...?

more
    • from matsumoto to osaka

Japan Apr 6, 2014 at 4:20 AM

how to travel from matsumoto to osaka?

more
    • Need help with a Kyoto - Nara - Osaka 5 day itinerary

Kyoto Mar 31, 2014 at 7:40 PM

What would be a good itinerary to plan if I'm planning to go to Kyoto from KIX first, then move onto Nara (probably for a day in the park), and 2 days in Osaka? Thanks. (P.S. I arrive in Osaka first at midnight and staying at the lounge until the morning when I go to Kyoto, also on my last day, my plane leaves at around 1 am)

more
    • Voyteck's Profile Photo

Japan Rail Pass during Golden Week

Japan Mar 31, 2014 at 2:41 AM

I am going to visit Japan during the Golden Week. To save some money on train transportation I am purchasing the JR Pass. Do you think it will be very difficult to book the seats on Shinkansen trains a few days before the Golden Week? Do you have any advice concerning train travel during the Golden Week? I am going to visit Tokyo, Nikko, Kyoto and Osaka.

more
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

How to go to Shirakawago from Kyoto

Shirakawa Mar 28, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Hi everyone! For the first time, I am going to Japan. I only have 4 days to spend and my IT would include:

Day 1 and 2: Kyoto
      Day 3: Shirikawa
      Day 3: Osaka

How to go to Shirakawa-go from Kyoto? Is it cheaper to take a bus? I am a budget traveler and would love your suggestions! I found a tour from J-Hoppers for 11, 900 Yen for 1 night and 2 days tour from Kyoto to Shirawaka-go. Is it expensive or should I do it myself and instead spend half day in Shirakawa and stay the night back in Kyoto.

Thank you!

Haydee

more
    • Mochi and Kit Kat Candy

Okinawa Mar 27, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Where can I buy mochi and kit kat candy in the Okinawa area

more
    • please advise whale watching in kochi in July

Kochi Mar 23, 2014 at 7:45 AM

please advise whale watching in kochi in July. Is ship departure from the city beach or some outstanding place?
      Thank you
      Anna

more
    • Radiation Question about Hitachi

Ibaraki-ken Apr 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM

What are the radiation levels in Hitachi? How dangerous is it now? Any information would be helpful. Thanks

more
    • are there online sites to getdiscount or coupons to use for sresturants and or attractions

Okinawa Apr 9, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Are here sites to get coupon or discounts for resturanrs or the attractions for

okinawa

more
    • Enquiring about Kure Japan

Kure Apr 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Thinking of travelling to Kure. I was there in 1953 but guess it will have changed dramatically has anyone any tips they can give me re accommodation travel etc. and where can I find photographs of modern day Kure. Thank you in anticipation. George Love

more
    • looking for japanese toy

Fukuoka Apr 8, 2014 at 5:58 AM

looking for a kendama (toy). can anyone tell me where to find it in fukuoka?

more
    • Transportation from Kyoto to Kawaguchiko

Kyoto Apr 6, 2014 at 6:23 PM

How can I go to Kawaguchiko via kyoto at night?

more
    • How long to finish this itinerary?

Kyoto Apr 2, 2014 at 9:39 PM

How long in terms of hours if me and my boyfriend walk in decent pace, taking pictures and seldom resting? http://imgur.com/c3OHAVt

Here is a map of my planned itinerary. It says 2 hours walk but does that include walking through the temples inside out? Or does it only arrive to each temple and head to the next location? If we count the time stayed in each temple/place, what would my total trip time for the day be? (I'm not sure how long to stay for each place) Thank you.

more
    • suzyq40's Profile Photo

anyone around this weekend for a quick meet up?

Osaka Mar 27, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Hi, Im heading to Osaka tomorrow for 6 nights (heading out on day trips) but Im looking for people to talk to. Ive been by myself for nearly a week and am struggling to find people to converse with as I dont speak Japanese,

I would love to go where the locals go for a drink or a night out if anyone is free to do so, either expats or locals..

Ive set up an event, but thought I would post here as well.

Cheers

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Mitake Station Autumn Leaf

Japan Apr 13, 2014 at 2:52 AM

We have been invited to stay in Mitake and thus, are planning to visit Tokyo and Mitake in Autumn. Not planning to hike up Mt Mitake but just hanging out at this friend's house which is 10 minute walk from Mitake Station.

Can anyone tell me when is the best time to go? I know its hard to predict the weather but does the leaf turn color here (around the station and not up the mountain) earlier or the same time as Tokyo?

Tq!
      Mel

more
    • First time travel to Japan/Kansai

Japan Apr 10, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Hello, we are travelling to Japan for the first time and will arrive at Kansai International Airport. We only want to travel in Kansai and have 12 days altogether: so probably visit Kyoto, Nara, Wakayama peninsula and spend time around Lake Biwa. (Possibly with a trip to Hiroshima if it is not too expensive.) We don't like moving too fast: about 3 days in each place. Can someone advise what train passes/etc we should buy or is it better to just buy the tickets for the local line? Or take buses? Are there any suggestions for nice small towns to stay: rather than big cities. We are happy to just take walks around town or along the lake etc.

Thanks,
      Jane

Any suggestions would be great: btw we are an older couple 57 and 75 years old. We go slowly!!

more
    • Tokyo to cruise port at Yokohama

Tokyo Apr 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM

We need transportation for 4 people and their luggage from a downtown hotel in Tokyo to the cruise port at Yokohama on May 10th. Because of our ages and having luggage we do not want to take the train. Can we go by taxi and what would be the cost for 4 people...we would need a large taxi or van

more

Popular Tochigi-ken Travel Answer Locations

• Daytrip to Nikko

Nikko Oct 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Hello:I'm visiting Nikko October 30, I'd like to know if it's possible to cover Riuzu Waterfall,Toshogu Shrine,Shinkyo Bridge
      in one day and perhaps another place as well.Thanks in advance for any info.

6 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    • Non expressway roads from Utsunomiya to Motegi Twin Ring

Tochigi-ken Sep 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM

We are going to MotoGP Oct 2013. Staying in Utsunomiya and hiring a car. Instead of travelling on expressway what is the best non expressway route to and from.
      Also, instead of hiring a car would it be best to hire a driver service/chauffeur service. What would be the cost if this is available. Do you have any contact details you can advise. Thank you

3 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    • smarion's Profile Photo

Nikko for new year's eve.. Any authentic restaurant to suggest?

Nikko Nov 3, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Ciao! My husband and I will spend new year's eve in Nikko. We would like to spend it in an authentic japanese restaurant, looking for great food, not looking for parties or fashionabe places. Something real, real japanese style and food. We fear tourist traps by looking at the usual websites... Any suggestion? Grazie, thanks! Mary

1 Answer Nov 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    • First visit Tochigi-ken

Tochigi Oct 17, 2011 at 8:13 AM

We are planning to visit Tochigi-ken very first time.
      We have no idea about this prefectur and how tranceptation conect with Tokyo.
      We also looking for the children friendly spot.
      If anyone responded our question, we apreciate.

4 Answers Oct 19, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    • Trains to Nikko

Nikko May 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I find the trains in Japan to be very confusing. I have found an English schedule link online, but it seems to have all the names wrong. Does anyone know (have heard of) the "Nasuno line" that runs between Saitama and Utsunomiya? I think it's the "Bullet" train, but I'm not sure. Also, there is (according to my link) a train that covers 80KM in 12 minutes. Is that for real?

2 Answers May 21, 2011 at 7:44 AM
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

Nikko mini pass

Nikko Feb 13, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Hi fellow VTs,

Does anyone know much about the Nikko free pass?

If I purchase a 2 day pass(which include round trip from tokyo), can I stay in Nikko for 2 nights & use the pass for 2 days, & only return to tokyo on the 3rd day?

6 Answers Feb 14, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    • travel tomorrow

Tochigi-ken Feb 6, 2011 at 5:37 PM

how do i get to narita airport from tochigi ken in the most cheapest way?

2 Answers Feb 6, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Nasu-Shiobara Scenic Area VS Ryuokyo Scenic Area

Tochigi-ken Nov 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

I will be in Utsunomiya on November 13 and I have about 8 hrs to explore. I've already been to Nikko in the past, so I was contemplating either of those two scenic areas listed above. My plan is to leave Tokyo in the morning on the train, explore ONE of those sites, then take the train to Utsunomiya by 5pm. So, looking at the train schedules, it seems easy enough to get to each station, but how is the scenic areas from each one? Also, on November 13, will there still be enough autumn color to enjoy at each of these places? I plan to photograph some waterfalls and pathways, so which is better? Thanks!

• jkmalison's Profile Photo

Nikko travel in 1 day

Nikko Oct 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I plan to travel in Nikko only one day(3-jan-11).Departure from Asasuka and return arond 19:00.I will purchase Nikko all day pass(4400 yen) ...
      1.There is a train to return at 19:00?
      2.Is it not worth and too short time to travel there only 1 day if I purchase this pass?
      3.I'm from thailand and hope to touch some snow.Is it high possible to see the snow at that time(3-jan).
      Jakkrit

5 Answers Oct 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Tobu Bus Schedules

Nikko Sep 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I`m trying to locate the bus schedule for the bus from the JR train station to Ryuzu Falls for November, and back again to the train station. Can someone assist in locating an english website for the schedules, or (if you can read Japanese) find the information on the tobu-bus.com website? thanks!

2 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    • Dean&Vanessa's Profile Photo

Tobu World/ monkey mountains bus service

Nikko May 12, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Hi

The Nikko part of our Japan trip is coming together,

but we were looking at doing Tobu World and the kinugawa hot springs ropeway/monkey mountains.
      The only information that we can find is that monkey mountain is about a 30 minute walk from kinugawa Onsen Station. If we do Tobu World first this will make it a 45 minute walk, which could be painful with a 3 year old.
      We cannot find any bus information to get between the two places.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

accomodation in Nikko

Nikko May 10, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Hi

We think we have decided to have a couple of nights in Nikko. But we are having a nightmare trying to find budget accomodation in Nikko. All the websites are in Japanese. Does anybody know of any budget accomodation near the JR Station or a good English Website that has Nikko accomodation.

We also have a similar question for Odawara/Hakone.

Many Thanks

4 Answers May 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Tobu World Square?

Nikko May 9, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Hello,
      Has anyone visited Tobu World Square? If so approx how long does it take to venture around and look at all the sights?

We are wanting to do Nikko in a day trip from Tokyo, but not sure if we will have enough time to do this as well as the temples and waterfalls.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers May 10, 2010 at 3:23 AM
    • frog_duh's Profile Photo

Nikko to Nagano

Nikko Oct 30, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Hi!

appreciate if someone could provide info on travelling between Nikko and Nagano (the Monkey hot springs)... I've looked thru the JR East shinkansen and rail maps, can't find any good/convenient way to get from Nikko to Nagano... any direct trains/buses between these 2 places?

thanks! :)

1 Answer Oct 30, 2009 at 4:21 AM
    • Question about the Tobu passes

Nikko Oct 2, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I'm arriving in Nikko for 4 days in late October from Utsunomiya, not Tokyo. Can I get an All-Nikko pass to use the unlimited bus rides and just the one-way train back to Tokyo, or would Tobu invalidate my pass if I don't start out from their Asakusa station?

If I can do this, can I obtain all the necessary pass validations either over the internet or IN Nikko, since I will NOT be going to Tokyo before Nikko. (Am going straight from Narita by bus to Utsunomiya.)
      Mele
      Hawaii, USA

• Getting there and moving around.

Nikko Aug 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Is it possible to get to Nikko from Narita Airport without going through Tokyo?
      Is there, perhaps, a direct bus?

If I rent a car in Narita, how long it will take me to reach Nikko?

Does it make sense to rent a car for a day or two in Nikko instead of going by buses to onsens and places to see? Will I have to pay for parking at each place? How much?

How much does bus cost? Is there such thing as an unlimited day bus pass?

3 Answers Aug 20, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    • Bastet_Baby's Profile Photo

Where to buy a real Japanese Katana?

Utsunomiya Mar 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I will be visiting Utsunomiya again in the fall and I have always wanted to get a real Japanese Katana, but with so many cute shops to explore, I have not found one yet that sells them and/or i run out of time to look. Also how much can I expect to send - I imagine it depends on the katana and do any of the place offer shipping, as in shipping it back home to the States?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2009 at 5:00 AM
    • regarding accomodation

Utsunomiya Dec 3, 2008 at 10:49 PM

i want to know about having accomodations in weekly mansion kind of rooms. r they sufficient and safe to live there with family? And also if u can suggest any furnished accomodation inutsonomiya, i will be thankful to you.

• PRIVATE hot spring bath in nikko?

Nikko Oct 18, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Does anyone know any place in Nikko where they have a PRIVATE hot spring bath in the room? Somewhere with a nice view. Can be good for honeymooners too? And if you have any other recommendations for a private hot spring bath not in Nikko, that is also fine with me. Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Nov 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM
    • Backpacking/Camping/Hiking Opportunities in Nikko

Nikko Sep 16, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Was curious about the possibility of tent camping and or trails in the park or anywhere else in Nikko?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2008 at 1:04 PM
    • From place to place

Nikko May 1, 2008 at 4:37 AM

How difficult is it to see all the tourist sights in Nikko without a car and what is the best way to see everything? Also, how can you get to the Teddy Bear House?

4 Answers May 4, 2008 at 9:55 AM
    • Josilver's Profile Photo

Hiking in Nikko National Park

Nikko Mar 3, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Hi,

Is is safe to go hiking in Nikko national park by myself. Are there usually a lot of people around? Is it possible or better to book an organised hiking group in the town?

Thanks Josilver

1 Answer Mar 4, 2008 at 2:49 AM
    • foxymoxy's Profile Photo

Mt Nantai...

Nikko Jan 31, 2008 at 5:24 PM

How do you get out to the foot of the mountain from Nikko?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 31, 2008 at 5:47 PM
    • foxymoxy's Profile Photo

Tobu World Square

Nikko Jan 31, 2008 at 5:04 PM

my guide book doesn't mention anything about it, neither have i found any info about it on VT...
      how do you get there from Nikko? Is it worth it? Is it doable in a day?
      Any info is highly appreciated!
      thanks

1 Answer Jan 31, 2008 at 5:36 PM
    • Nikko accommodation.

Nikko Oct 23, 2007 at 7:09 AM

Could anyone please recommend a hotel or ryokan in a convenient location in Nikko, around 15000 yens for 2 people.
      Many thanks in advance .
      Bob

2 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 12:03 PM
    • One More Time Pension

Nikko Jun 23, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Hi,

Can someone who had been One More Time Pension - Nikko tell me how far it is from JR station and the temples?
      Can we take a bus from JR station to this pension or do we have to take taxi? If so, any idea about the cost?
      Also, how can we access to the temple area from this pension?
      By viewing their web-site, we like their rooms but need to know how we can access to and from JR station and the temple area.
      Thank you so much for your advise.
      Shadow

2 Answers May 4, 2008 at 9:46 PM
    • World Heritage Pass

Nikko Mar 24, 2007 at 5:59 PM

I will be getting a Japan Rail Pass and I was just wondering if it would be better to buy the World Heritage Pass for Nikko, or do it on your own using the Japan Railpass to get there and paying for individual tickets at sites?

• funbags's Profile Photo

hey hey

Utsunomiya Jun 3, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Just moved to utsunomiya to teach english. Looking for people who are into the nightlife and like to party.

• fsefi's Profile Photo

about "dargon falls"?

Nikko Apr 1, 2006 at 1:38 PM

i am looking for some information about "dragon falls" near nikko/

1 Answer Apr 1, 2006 at 9:42 PM
    • Nikko Ice festival

Nikko Jan 26, 2006 at 5:56 PM

Hello all,

Can anyone provide information on Nikko Ice festival? we would like to make it in a day from Nishinasuno. I mean Does the festival actually enjoyed in night? what are the activities.

One more festival starts in Early Feb. in Nikko please provide info on that as well.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2007 at 9:35 PM