Tobago Travel Answers

change location
Zarasher's Profile Photo

Tobago the first two weeks of July

by Zarasher Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 8:52 AM

So I am definitely going to Tobago for the first two weeks of July... I'll be travelling solo.

Are there any acommodation recommendations that anyone can give me for both Tobago and Trinidad? As I have no clue about either island I am clueless with regards as to what area to stay in. Any tips would be very much welcomed!

Is it better to book beforehand or is it cheaper to book on arrival?

Are there any must sees or dos that anyone would recommend or any tips in general?

Thank you in advance!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ellielou's Profile Photo

Re: Tobago the first two weeks of July

by ellielou Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 10:17 AM

If you're going to be in the Trini capital of Port of Spain, I'd highly recommend this place, Carnetta's Inn, although it's been more than a few years since I've been there. I've been to PoS twice, btw. Here's the link: http://www.carnettasinn.com/

Re: Tobago. My favorite place there is a little town, at the far end of the island from the airport called Charlotteville. We stayed twice at these little cottages called Cholson's Chalet. You'll need to look at the Rough Guide, or search the web for more info.

The very best thing about Trinidad is the food, and then the people. (Or, you can reverse the order.) Frankly, food is not as good in Tobago, but, honestly, I could easily go to Trinidad just to eat!

I would book in advance for these two places, btw.

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • floyd111's Profile Photo

by floyd111 Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 2:00 AM

Hy!
    I am going on the 9.10.to Tobago and I am staying at the Candles in the Wind.
    Near Cown Point.
    So you are first.If you want to tell me your impressions,feel free to do so.
    I would be very happy to receive it.
    By for now
    Manfred

• Re: Tobago the first two weeks of July

by 601chloe Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 6:58 AM

Hi there,

We went to Tobago a couple of years ago and absolutly loved it!

We stayed in the Grafton Hotel on Stone Haven Bay - all I can say is that is was brilliant! The staff were briliant and so friendly couldn't be anymore helpful.

There are lots of things that you can do in terms of trips and excursions, etc so have a shop around! We went on a trip out to the rainforest, followed by lunch at Jemma's seaview kitchen (which is a treehouse where you got to try loads of local dishes), and then swam in the Argyll Falls which was amazing! One thing you must do however is Sunday School at Buccoo! Not your conventional Sunday School - but a massive party on a Sunday Evening where you can mix with all the locals who are very very welcoming!

There are loads of other things you can do but it really depends on whet you like doing - can definatly recommend the horseriding if you get the chance!

If you do stay at Stonehaven see if you can get a Taxi driver by the name of Elvis I can't remember the Taxi firm but he is brilliant and will make your trip even better!

What I would say is try to avoid the guys on the beach who will try and sell you stuff like trips and especially aloe vera! I know that they are only trying to make some cash but it's not worth the risk! If you are on your own you will find they will approach you more than anyone else!

Have a brilliant trip nad hope that this has helped a little!

CHloe

• lawmc's Profile Photo

by lawmc Online Now Nov 16, 2007 at 6:24 PM

It really depends on what experience you want in Tobago. There are lots of hotels near the airport, and some amazing beaches - Store Bay & Pigeon Point. There is also the Hilton hotel only 10 mins drive from the airport, but this is on the atlantic side and the sea is rougher, they have a great pool though. In my opinion if people are not going to leave the hotel complex they could be anywhere in the world and might as well go somewhere closer. There is so much to enjoy in the real Tobago life - the further you go along the Island the more relaxed it is. Close to main town of Scarborough is great for the market on Saturday morning, and close to Bacolet, Turtle and Grafton beach, and my favorite beach is Mt Irvine which has a restaurant, bar, music, snorkeling & surfing...TBC-IYW (to be continued - if you want).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines